HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #1501

Lol... after my friend saw my izula, he bought it on the spot! The izula is really a good knife, and it sharpens much easier than i thought =)
Frozenboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #1502

Lol... after my friend saw my izula, he bought it on the spot! The izula is really a good knife, and it sharpens much easier than i thought =)
The advantage of high carbon steel haha. Much easier to sharpen compared to stainless steel. But the even if the knife is coated or painted, the edge will still rust. So its abit more tedious..
Old 07-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #1503
Master Member

A good soak with lemon, vinegar or some mustard and it will develop a nice patina and it will not rust.. Did it on a a2 bravo and the oxidation is protecting it even it humid singapore. As long as you do not put it to storage wet and with rust present, a little rust during use never affects the blade functionally.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #1504

Actually rust on the edge nt really a big deal since i can get rid of it by sharpening =)
D2 is inbetween high carbon steel and stainless steel. Downside is it is quite brittle, so don't give it high impact! That knife looks nicer =)
Old 08-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #1505

Actually rust on the edge nt really a big deal since i can get rid of it by sharpening =)
D2 is inbetween high carbon steel and stainless steel. Downside is it is quite brittle, so don't give it high impact! That knife looks nicer =)
Precisely, it looks dam nice and thus very tempting to get it. Plus this blade is discontinued from Pohl Force manufacturer. So it will be a good blade to keep.

Only doubt I have is the trustworthiness of the website and also price of the blade not cheap leh...for a dam small knife.
kaapuii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #1506

This thread very quiet leh these few days.

I plan to get the Izula black color. But **** man out of stock. Dono must wait how long man. Then must be $100 above they will deliver. Stupid man.
Means I have to buy something else to make it $100!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #1507
Greater Supremacy Member

Any cheap and functional knife to recommend ?

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #1508

Any cheap and functional knife to recommend ?
Go to exduct.com.

Buy either the SRM blades or the Bee & Enlan blades. Cheap but good.
If you misuse it or lose it beh sim tia.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #1509
Master Member

This thread very quiet leh these few days.

I plan to get the Izula black color. But **** man out of stock. Dono must wait how long man. Then must be $100 above they will deliver. Stupid man.
Means I have to buy something else to make it $100!
ESEE says they are catching up on the backorders.. if just the izula, can get it from KSF cheap shipping but list price is just a few pops more..
Old 09-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #1510
High Supremacy Member

why dont get the Izula II with longer handle?
cannotliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #1511
Master Member

Hi Vixx. Thanks for the info again. I ordered the Izula Black, overall is still cheaper due to shipping. Hope this website is reliable cos I already paid for it.

I decided not to get the Pohl Force cos it is too expensive for me.
I get the Izula plus 2 more blades from Exduct, I pay about half the price I need to if I buy the Pohl Force.
Don't worry, KSF is very reliable.. wendy and derrick are nice people on the BRKT forums and derrick is a pastor.. so he definitely won't cheat you. I had bought from them many times.. their points system also tempt me to buy more knives again~
Old 09-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #1512
High Supremacy Member

KSF using which shipper for internaltional order?
is the shipment traceable? any insurance for the package?
thank.
cannotliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:15 AM   #1513
Master Member

KSF using which shipper for internaltional order?
is the shipment traceable? any insurance for the package?
thank.
flat rate int.. trackable till leave us site.. in sgp, sometimes it reach as registered post but recently just drop in postbox.. dunno wassup with singpost
Old 10-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #1514

Hope your izula arrives soon! U'll love it =)
Old 10-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #1515
Master Member

They are quite fast man. Last night I ordered and this morning I got the email from them that giving me the tracking number. That means they have already shipped out. Rather prompt in replying my mail too. But they blur lah. Gave me 2 different tracking number on 2 different mails.
Clarified with them the correct one. Hope to get my Izula soon.

Thanks for the recommendation Viix. Think the savings in shipping makes the whole blade alot cheaper.
The system always send 2 shipment tracking.. I think it's cos they use the USPS postage label generator and their system will send a tracking once they generate the postage. The second one is the one you track when they post it and scan the receipt tracking into the system. For me I just input both into the USPS tracking app in the iphone cos sometimes other stores will separate the shipment into 2 package to save cost.
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.