HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #1516

Hi guys, I have an interest in knives and swords and have toyed with the idea of collecting them. Only recently did I have the financial means to seriously consider this hobby and I have been eyeing some blades from Cold Steel, EDC and even some of the cheap knock-offs from Deal Extreme.

Question is I'm a noob at this and I'm not sure the law. I know if I were to buy replicas from like Caesar's I need to give my IC and all that. But what about ordering direct from US suppliers? What does the law say about ordering something like a Gladius sword or Espada?

Hoping the bros here can illuminate me on this as I can't seem to find any definitive info about this and I don't wish to have my purchases confiscated or for me to run afoul of the law.

Also is there a difference regarding the size of the sword or whether it is sharp or blunt? I know balisongs and automatic knives are banned but what else is restricted? Really would appreciate any and all info. Thanks!!
Maddened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:06 AM   #1517
Supremacy Member

ermmm if i import soft foam nunchaku will tio or not. Cause they send me letter ask me go pay GST subject to A&E dept approval. How ah?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:23 AM   #1518

ermmm if i import soft foam nunchaku will tio or not. Cause they send me letter ask me go pay GST subject to A&E dept approval. How ah?
Nunchuks are illegal.FOAM ones i don't know tho..Just have a good reason why you want bring in ba. If package over ~SGD$400 including shipping they will call you down to pay GST.
OR if the item is less den that but they THINK it's worth more than $400 they will call you down also.haha.

How? Just go down lor..see what they say.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #1519
Supremacy Member

Nunchuks are illegal.FOAM ones i don't know tho..Just have a good reason why you want bring in ba. If package over ~SGD$400 including shipping they will call you down to pay GST.
OR if the item is less den that but they THINK it's worth more than $400 they will call you down also.haha.

How? Just go down lor..see what they say.
I wont kena fine right or arrested right?
Old 11-02-2011, 02:20 AM   #1520
Master Member

Question is I'm a noob at this and I'm not sure the law. I know if I were to buy replicas from like Caesar's I need to give my IC and all that. But what about ordering direct from US suppliers? What does the law say about ordering something like a Gladius sword or Espada?
As a guideline, under 6 inch is fine for single edge blade.. daggers, throwing knives and ninja stars are nono.. longer blades are subject to approval and licensing.

Best is to just email the SPF licensing dept with the item in questions and they will reply you.

Just go there to open box nia.. if cannot, just sign and ICA will return to shipper. It came in through proper channel so won't get fined or arrested.. unless chiu smuggle in through luggage and dun declare then will..
worry here worry there, just take half day off and go there better than wonder here wonder there right.. u think I thought, who confirm?

Last edited by viix; 11-02-2011 at 02:22 AM..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #1521

Hope your izula arrives soon! U'll love it =)
Ya man. I see u buy and post the pics i gian tio lor.
The Pohl Force is nicer, but i think the Izula is more practical.
kaapuii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #1522

Hi guys, I have an interest in knives and swords and have toyed with the idea of collecting them. Only recently did I have the financial means to seriously consider this hobby and I have been eyeing some blades from Cold Steel, EDC and even some of the cheap knock-offs from Deal Extreme.

Hoping the bros here can illuminate me on this as I can't seem to find any definitive info about this and I don't wish to have my purchases confiscated or for me to run afoul of the law.

Also is there a difference regarding the size of the sword or whether it is sharp or blunt? I know balisongs and automatic knives are banned but what else is restricted? Really would appreciate any and all info. Thanks!!
Any kind of swords cannot. Espada huh, i bought 2 but took me a long time to get clearence. So can lor, but troublesome.
Frozenboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #1523

Next of my collection, the Spyderco Superleaf!

Frozenboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #1524
Master Member

So anyone pre-ordered the Hest/f?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #1525
High Supremacy Member

Suggested Retail: US$252.95
Our Price: US$174.95
Hest/f about SG$225 exclude shipping.
really out of budget.
i more interested in izula folder but look at Hest price think izula folder price tag wont be friendly too.
cannotliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #1526
Master Member

Hest/f about SG$225 exclude shipping.
really out of budget.
i more interested in izula folder but look at Hest price think izula folder price tag wont be friendly too.
Yeah, just wondering since feedback on the hest folder was that lionsteel didnt do a great job and many dropped out for the Limited edition runs. RYP himself also went all ballistic about his reputation and got his subforum shut off on bf..

Last edited by viix; 12-02-2011 at 12:30 AM..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:39 AM   #1527
Master Member

ESEE says they are catching up on the backorders.. if just the izula, can get it from KSF cheap shipping but list price is just a few pops more..
update: seems esee has cleared up the issue about the out of stock status over at BF.. To think I had been emailing and waiting for so long with the dealers..
Old 12-02-2011, 05:07 AM   #1528
High Supremacy Member

Yeah, just wondering since feedback on the hest folder was that lionsteel didnt do a great job and many dropped out for the Limited edition runs. RYP himself also went all ballistic about his reputation and got his subforum shut off on bf..
lionsteel didnt do a great job? i saw youtube the buyer quite happy with it.
what the actual issues with the whole saga/hest folder?
thank.
cannotliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:42 AM   #1529
Supremacy Member

hi guys, any good blades to recommend?

i just want a practical blade that can safely kept away like a swiss army knife but there should be a lock to make sure that the blade stays up.

any recommendation? cheap, reliable and DURABLE! sharp too!
fraggershell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #1530
Master Member

lionsteel didnt do a great job? i saw youtube the buyer quite happy with it.
what the actual issues with the whole saga/hest folder?
thank.
only for the LE runs if they do fix the production runs.. the tip of the blade is still exposed when closed, and the logos were misprinted..

hi guys, any good blades to recommend?

i just want a practical blade that can safely kept away like a swiss army knife but there should be a lock to make sure that the blade stays up.

any recommendation? cheap, reliable and DURABLE! sharp too!
There's alot of small knives like the
Spyderco Ambitious
Spyderco Dragonfly/Byrd Meadowlark
Boker Trance & Subcom
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.