EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #1591

My latest acquisition =)

woah damn cool !
Fratenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #1592

The locking mechanism is an axis lock and surprisingly good. Gives u a tight and secured feel, and u feel safe jabbing it without worry that it will give way.

Same here man...I get very protective of my knives too. Cos with the shipping it is bladdy ex compared to fellow collectors in US buying the same thing. So we let the US boys abuse and we watch the reviews. We collect, keep and admire I guess.

Think if you are looking for knife to bang around and don't feel heart pain, this kind of China folder will do it.
Hahaha yea man...some of those videos show people from the US abusing seriously nice and expensive knives. I'm always like - what a waste. But i guess their culture is abit different, since they are actually allowed to carry knives around by law and for them having a high quality EDC knife is a more serious issue.

Nice find with the China folder. Think I'll probably get one...irritate my mom some more...she hates it when i order knives
gossamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #1593

woah damn cool !
Blackhawk CQD Mark II Type E

It's the poor man's version of the regular CQD Mark II - lower quality blade steel and handle material. But still an awesome and super durable knife from all the reviews I read. Value for money!

The thing i like best about this knife is after you open it, there's a little switch on the spine that you can flick that locks the blade open - becomes like a fixed blade can't close by accident. and the glass breaker on the bottom end is badass too =P

Was 80 USD from one of the US knife sites without shipping - got someone to carry it in for me.
Old 16-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #1594

Actually from my experience most if not all the machete sold is never shaving sharp and shouldn't be unless you request for it.. all machete have to be touch up a little before use.
I've been wondering about that actually. So let's say you ship in a knife that SPF says is too big, it's a sword, needs to be blunted. If you let them do that and then re-sharpen, how's that affect the quality of the blade?

It's polypro, very easy the cut.. the top part maybe has a embedded ball bearing weight.
Ahhh...that makes sense. Still think one of the Cold Steel escrima sticks would be cool though. But maybe that's just me cos I learn escrima
Old 16-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #1595
Great Supremacy Member

damn! the knife, another nice one.
RyuShinEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #1596
High Supremacy Member

I've been wondering about that actually. So let's say you ship in a knife that SPF says is too big, it's a sword, needs to be blunted. If you let them do that and then re-sharpen, how's that affect the quality of the blade?

Ahhh...that makes sense. Still think one of the Cold Steel escrima sticks would be cool though. But maybe that's just me cos I learn escrima
Escrima looks complicated.. but the sticks look nice.. just that it could be a bit too long for escrima before sawing it down to size... 32" leh.... but if you can find someone skillful with screws or bolt and nuts... probably can convert 1 single stick into a decent tonfa.
BlackWing1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #1597
Master Member

Ask frozenboiboi? I think he has youtube video showing himself chopping with a sword..
Old 16-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #1598

Do you guys ever order a few knives at once? Got kena called down by SPF? I just placed an order with dealextreme. Got a few knives in the order but figure it's easier to say I'm a collector when there are a few rather than just one. Plus also have ceramic kitchen knife also. For cooking. Haha... Hope I didn't waste money man...
Maddened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #1599

Escrima looks complicated.. but the sticks look nice..
It's not that bad really. It only looks complicated but honestly, there's only so many ways you can swing a stick and after a few months most of the motions become second nature - after that it's just a matter of learning more complex combinations.

But I picked up escrima not because of the stick-fighting but the knife-fighting actually. The Filipino Martial Arts - Escrima/Kali/Arnis - are widely acknowledged to be the best arts for knife-fighting. Krav Maga takes most of its knifework from those arts! I figured, since I collect all these knives, I might as well learn how to use them
Old 16-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #1600

Do you guys ever order a few knives at once? Got kena called down by SPF? I just placed an order with dealextreme. Got a few knives in the order but figure it's easier to say I'm a collector when there are a few rather than just one. Plus also have ceramic kitchen knife also. For cooking. Haha... Hope I didn't waste money man...
Never tried cos the kinds of knives that i order, never have enough money for more than one or at most two

But i can't see why there should be a problem - most probably you will just have to go down and collect. In my experience they send you a letter that says your items are with the police and you have to go to the place at cantonment to sign for them. Sounds like the kitchen knife definitely won't be an issue...the rest, as long as they're not of the types that are banned should be a simple sign and collect.
Old 17-02-2011, 12:33 AM   #1601

Actually--and I'm sure someone has asked this before--how come I can't buy a Bowie with a 7 inch blade but I can walk into Tangs and buy a chef's knife with an 8 inch blade?
Old 17-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #1602

Never tried cos the kinds of knives that i order, never have enough money for more than one or at most two

But i can't see why there should be a problem - most probably you will just have to go down and collect. In my experience they send you a letter that says your items are with the police and you have to go to the place at cantonment to sign for them. Sounds like the kitchen knife definitely won't be an issue...the rest, as long as they're not of the types that are banned should be a simple sign and collect.
Ah thanks bro. Now I just have to wait a month or so... Knowing DX's shipping speed.
Old 17-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #1603

Actually--and I'm sure someone has asked this before--how come I can't buy a Bowie with a 7 inch blade but I can walk into Tangs and buy a chef's knife with an 8 inch blade?
Well it's never really made sense to me either but I suppose if I were the government and I had to smoke something up my response would come along the following lines-

1) Purpose of the knife - Obviously the spirit in which a bowie knife is used is quite different from a chef's knife. The overall design and manufacture of a bowie blade is geared towards 'fighting' and other similarly violent applications.

2) Slippery slope argument - they have to draw the line somewhere, otherwise if they legalize knives, then longer knives, swords, etc. are just round the corner. And the Singapore government being the way it is, they obviously prefer to err on the side of caution - no matter how much of your freedom they take away in the process.

3) Practicality - The government can easily outlaw bowies, hunting knives, etc. that are longer than 6 inches without too many people kicking up any sort of fuss - just look at how small the knife collecting community is. So why not? Since it's always safety first with them. But if they tried to do that with chef's knives, there'd probably be some sort of culinary revolt.

At the end of the day though, to answer your question in the most direct way, how come you can't buy a 7 inch Bowie blade? Because gahmen say so - and you can't do anything about it except suck thumb.
Old 17-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #1604

Good answer. Haha... Yea suck thumb man. We should get a few people together and start a line manufacturing chef's knives shaped like Bowies. That'll confuse them...
Old 17-02-2011, 05:52 AM   #1605

Did anyone experience customs seizure ?
i thought shipping knife is high risk in sg before
maasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.