Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #1651
Arch-Supremacy Member

Akai Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #1652

I know... i throw most of my knives (except those really expensive ones) to test them. And the izula won't break unless i go throw it at concrete. Actually, i've thrown my mini ak-47 on concrete and it's perfectly fine. If u're wondering why i did that is because i want to get rid of my mini ak-47, and until now i can't get it destroyed =/
And, katanas are arnd HRC60, if not more. Samurais NEVER use their edge for combat- they use the sides of their blades, which are laminates. They only use their hard edge when they go for the kill.
The spined of a katana is tempered while the edge is hardened.but still only around HRC55 for the harder ones.i dont believe any reliable swords could have an HRC of 60..too brittle.Thats from what i tested with the rockwell machines at my school's material engineering lab, even most of my knives are around HRC59..
Well i don't know how samurais fought with their swords, but they mainly used bows anyway..
I'm more interested in the material compounds and science, I'm studying material engineering so i get access to the test and machines..Hope i can learn more about metallurgy..

Last edited by slayergut; 19-02-2011 at 11:46 PM.. Reason: Punctuation!
slayergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #1653

I want Sephiroth's sword

I believe i saw Caesar had a retardedly long sword on display a few years ago. I think it's the copy of sephiroth's sword. Don't know if its even practical steel.

http://www.caesars.com.sg/web/index....cur=1&vcat=All

Last edited by slayergut; 20-02-2011 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: added link
Old 20-02-2011, 01:43 AM   #1654
High Supremacy Member

I think only those morons on youtube will do that. Our knives are too
precious and expensive to abuse man. Sim tia leh.
If it is a good blade, we respect and use it the way it is being made.

Talk abt throwing, i like throwing knives too.
Too bad it is illegal here.

You can buy these to use as throwing knives!!! At least on first look, police won't know it is throwing knives...
BlackWing1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 01:45 AM   #1655
Master Member

Naise! This is a genuine victorinox swiss? Never seen it before! Very cute edc item

Last edited by viix; 20-02-2011 at 01:51 AM..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 01:56 AM   #1656
Master Member

These are the cheapo plastic handle knives that you stripped? Nice idea, considering if it's balance for throwing..

I know... i throw most of my knives (except those really expensive ones)
You got throw your superleaf and sage? Cannot believe you throw the ak just to get rid of it.. no offense to you but you can just put it in a drawer, use as kitchen knife or sell it.. throwing sounds like a "angry at daddy bitch fit" to me
Old 20-02-2011, 02:11 AM   #1657
Master Member

Yeah! the EDCF Manix 2 glow is shipping now!
Hope it'll be here in 10 days or less!

anyone.. some small fixed blade pics.. sorry, messy table.. time to clean up

L to R: Izula, bravo necker, Izula with scales, BlackJack Necker, Boker Krein pocket bowie..

L to R: Boker Krein pocket bowie, bravo necker, Izula, BlackJack Necker..

I really like bowie blades for small knives.. like a nessmuk and great for food prep..

Satin blade and green canvas.. for those who are concerned with 1095 and rust, this is 154 stainless! Not that 1095 rust easily..

Izula, took this upside down cos it can't stand.. lazy to do additional shots similar handle shape.. but length is identical, even the hole is very close in size with the BJK slightly larger..

Last edited by viix; 20-02-2011 at 02:15 AM..
Old 20-02-2011, 02:49 AM   #1658

Yeah! the EDCF Manix 2 glow is shipping now!
Hope it'll be here in 10 days or less!

anyone.. some small fixed blade pics.. sorry, messy table.. time to clean up

L to R: Izula, bravo necker, Izula with scales, BlackJack Necker, Boker Krein pocket bowie..

L to R: Boker Krein pocket bowie, bravo necker, Izula, BlackJack Necker..

I really like bowie blades for small knives.. like a nessmuk and great for food prep..

Satin blade and green canvas.. for those who are concerned with 1095 and rust, this is 154 stainless! Not that 1095 rust easily..

Izula, took this upside down cos it can't stand.. lazy to do additional shots similar handle shape.. but length is identical, even the hole is very close in size with the BJK slightly larger..
WOW,The izula leather/kydex sheathe damn nice sia. You know where i can get one too? it's fitter for izula right?

Last edited by slayergut; 20-02-2011 at 03:06 AM..
Old 20-02-2011, 03:01 AM   #1659
Master Member

Martin Swinkles
He did for me, 1 in kydex, 1 in leather and kydex and another as a piggy setup for an esee 6

album of his sheath

Last edited by viix; 04-03-2011 at 02:08 AM..
Old 20-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #1660

Next up, Spyderco Sage!
Wah! This folder quite ex leh.
But it is a nice folder.

Realised that alot of ppl like to collect Spydercos. What is the reason for the popularity?
kaapuii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #1661

I know... i throw most of my knives (except those really expensive ones) to test them. And the izula won't break unless i go throw it at concrete. Actually, i've thrown my mini ak-47 on concrete and it's perfectly fine. If u're wondering why i did that is because i want to get rid of my mini ak-47, and until now i can't get it destroyed =/
Wah so tough ah the mini AK-47??
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like mini AK-47 is a good folder for me to collect! Hahahaha...

Last edited by kaapuii; 20-02-2011 at 07:03 PM..
kaapuii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #1662

Walao eh, just 1 night and this thread like tio spam >.<
Lazy to quote again...

Viix, i dun throw my sage and superleaf. They are so beautiful! Gonna use the sage as my edc. I lost my mini ak-47 thumbplate so it's pretty much a 2 hand opening knife which is why it has not much value. I call it my Abuse knife =) Btw, u know where can i find blue handle FFG manix2?

Slayergut: The Hrc thingy on katana is learned from many websites. But since u got the dunno what machine to test, i can't argue anymore >.<

BlackWing1977: Sheares has the GI-Tanto. I tried throwing it and it sucks! The balance is totally off, and the handguard just gets into the way. If u want can pm me, i got 3 x TFT brand new =D

Kapuui: Knifecenter got cheaper shipping alternative, but not for fixed blade. About $6 cheaper. I say knifeworks more responsive. But knifeworks restock very slow =.=
Frozenboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #1663

Wah! This folder quite ex leh.
But it is a nice folder.

Realised that alot of ppl like to collect Spydercos. What is the reason for the popularity?
Spydercos always get discontinued very quickly. ESPECIALLY the strange strange pieces like the captain etc. They call it sprint runs, means they make a model for a very short period of time, then stop and start making something else. Thats a big reason as to why they're so popular for collectors, compared to other manufacturers like BM.
But for users, there are the basic models like the delica and dragonfly which are very very nice edc knives.(sadly i lost mine earlier last year).
They are also very high quality and their knives always come shaving sharp, means easier to maintain the edge.

My humble opinion
I still prefer benchmade HAHAHAHAHA
Old 20-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #1664
Arch-Supremacy Member

I believe i saw Caesar had a retardedly long sword on display a few years ago. I think it's the copy of sephiroth's sword. Don't know if its even practical steel.

http://www.caesars.com.sg/web/index....cur=1&vcat=All
Yeah i saw b4 but thought the length of the handle is too long
Old 20-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #1665

Yeah i saw b4 but thought the length of the handle is too long
I think everything in that thing is too long..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.