HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #1666
Master Member

Realised that alot of ppl like to collect Spydercos. What is the reason for the popularity?
Spyderco runs happens pretty fast.. Always got new iterations coming out but more than that is their leaf shape full flat grind that is a proven blade geometry.. That's why alot of people like.. Not to forget spyderco listens to it's forum members. They are also one of the companies that always puts out new knife with new steels.. The mule team is one of those experimental knife steel runs that is still ongoing.. Also probably because they have a collectors club where u are given a serial number and you'll HAVE to buy every knife in that number!
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #1667

Spyderco runs happens pretty fast.. Always got new iterations coming out but more than that is their leaf shape full flat grind that is a proven blade geometry.. That's why alot of people like.. Not to forget spyderco listens to it's forum members. They are also one of the companies that always puts out new knife with new steels.. The mule team is one of those experimental knife steel runs that is still ongoing.. Also probably because they have a collectors club where u are given a serial number and you'll HAVE to buy every knife in that number!
Buy EVERY knife!!?? Lidat will become pok man...unless the collector earning alot lah.

Thanks for the info Viiix and Slayergut.

Never own a Spyderco before. Maybe I will try get one.
kaapuii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #1668
Master Member

Buy EVERY knife!!?? Lidat will become pok man...unless the collector earning alot lah.
Slayergut, I checked out the Spyderco Delica...Looks very nice.

Same price as the Cold Steel Spartan.

Both looks just as good leh! But this month I can only get one.
Now I am in a dilemma which one to get...
Yes, will be pok! That's why some sell their CC knives on ebay..
the delica wins over cold steel anytime..

I always felt cold steel to be like chinese company.. always copying stuff and hyping up their advertising.. they do have some great knives especially their khurki stuff but as I work in advertising, I'm naturally wary of companies that hypes up it's product or adopt that kind of media strategy..

Here the email I saw when I enquired about the CC in the spyderco forums..

Thank you for your interest in our Collector's Program.

Below are the details on how the program works and how you can get started with your program as a Spyderco Collector.
~ 201 pieces of the first production of each new sku will be numbered (00-200) for Spyderco Collectors.

~ A new sku is any Spyderco knife being produced for the first time.

~ Spyderco does not sell directly to the consumer; all collector knives must be purchased through an authorized dealer in your area who is currently purchasing directly from Spyderco, Inc. (If you have trouble finding a local dealer, please let us know and we can help locate someone).

~ Each end line customer is limited to one collector number.

~ A letter accompanies each new Spyderco knife and is stamped with the company seal.

~ Generally, the SpyderEdge version of the knife is selected to be numbered, if the knife is only available in a combination SpyderEdge/PlainEdge, this will be numbered.

~ If you choose to join our collector's club, you will be asked to sign an agreement that requires you to purchase each numbered knife. If you refuse any new numbered knife, it will be assumed that you are forfeiting your collector number for all the future numbered knives.

~ We request that you pick up and pay for each numbered model within 15 days of delivery to your dealer.

~ New items considered variations will not be numbered with your collector number followed by a V unless you are enlisted to receive ALL variations. Variations may include a change in one to two of the following: the handle material, the edge configuration, the blade steel, the clip style, or the blade style (e.g. from a flat ground to a hollow grind).
~ If it is ever determined that a collector knife is defective under warranty, a new knife will be issued and engraved with a period following the number to designate the second numbering. Spyderco, Inc. reserves the right of ownership to any knife replaced under warranty.

Last edited by viix; 20-02-2011 at 08:00 PM..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #1669

the delica wins over cold steel anytime..

I always felt cold steel to be like chinese company.. always copying stuff and hyping up their advertising.. they do have some great knives especially their khurki stuff but as I work in advertising, I'm naturally wary of companies that hypes up it's product or adopt that kind of media strategy..
+1

btw for those who like black..

Last edited by slayergut; 20-02-2011 at 08:59 PM..
slayergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #1670

alantcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #1671

ColdSteel warranty sucks. But their tri-ad lock really beats any of spyderco's back lock. But again, a good knife is not only about it's lock. That's where Coldsteel fails. They think that their tri-ad lock is so good(actually it's good) that their company cant be bothered about better designs or better steel. And they give no **** to their customers.
Frozenboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #1672

You guys keep talking about the Izula...now I want one too. It's a sweet knife. Gonna blow the budget again this month
gossamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #1673

Yeah! the EDCF Manix 2 glow is shipping now!
Hope it'll be here in 10 days or less!

anyone.. some small fixed blade pics.. sorry, messy table.. time to clean up

L to R: Izula, bravo necker, Izula with scales, BlackJack Necker, Boker Krein pocket bowie..

L to R: Boker Krein pocket bowie, bravo necker, Izula, BlackJack Necker..

I really like bowie blades for small knives.. like a nessmuk and great for food prep..

Satin blade and green canvas.. for those who are concerned with 1095 and rust, this is 154 stainless! Not that 1095 rust easily..

Izula, took this upside down cos it can't stand.. lazy to do additional shots similar handle shape.. but length is identical, even the hole is very close in size with the BJK slightly larger..

Viix, you got very nice necker collections with cool sheaths there. Wow! Impressed.
Bet the sheaths cost alot.
By the way, I find the Blackjack necker is very nice. I like the way they make the blades with the contrast. Gian tio alrdy man. Hahahaha...
Old 21-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #1674

+1

btw for those who like black..
Wah...Nice leh your black collections.
The SOG fixed blade looks dam cool.
How come got 2 similar folders? BM folders is it?
Old 21-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #1675
Master Member

slowly but surely all the flashaholics will start popping up~ nice h1 steel!
Old 21-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #1676
Master Member

Bet the sheaths cost alot.
By the way, I find the Blackjack necker is very nice. I like the way they make the blades with the contrast. Gian tio alrdy man. Hahahaha...
all of the sheaths comes with the knife.. only the izula ones are bought extra..
Old 21-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #1677

all of the sheaths comes with the knife.. only the izula ones are bought extra..
How much the Izula sheath cost and where to buy?(i am referring to the Izula without the handle)
I find it is very nice.
If not convenient to reveal can PM me pls? Cos i dont really like the original plastic sheath that came with the Izula.

Thks Viix.
Old 21-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #1678
Master Member

How much the Izula sheath cost and where to buy?(i am referring to the Izula without the handle)
I find it is very nice.
If not convenient to reveal can PM me pls? Cos i dont really like the original plastic sheath that came with the Izula.

Thks Viix.
I posted in post 1750 price wise best to check with the maker himself..
Old 21-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #1679

Wah...Nice leh your black collections.
The SOG fixed blade looks dam cool.
How come got 2 similar folders? BM folders is it?
Yep. 2 same models. one for carry one for collection.hahha.
The SOG long discontinued haha.. i got it like 5 or 6 years ago.now alot of rust liao.
I like benchmades..this is my current fav in my drawer.

Last edited by slayergut; 21-02-2011 at 11:37 AM..
slayergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #1680
Arch-Supremacy Member

Naise! This is a genuine victorinox swiss? Never seen it before! Very cute edc item
no not victorinox, got it from a bookstore yes its so small i put in my wallet
Akai Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.