HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #2146
Master Member

Knifeshipfree is a joke. They refunded my order because my billing address is unconfirmed. And i used the same credit card for my previous order, which was shipped in less than a week.
Like I'd mentioned before, I was hesitant to recommend some sellers simply because there were some monkeys emailing nasty stuff because of missing items or slow delivery when requesting for USPS first class knowing the risk that it is NOT INSURED or TRACKABLE.

The shippers responsibility is until the package leaves their hands yet buyers blame the sellers and make a charge back on the credit card. Imagine selling an item and the payment doesn't come through.. their financial and time loss is not a Joke so some monkeys decided to abuse their good will and this is the result..

Yeah... i wanted to buy this for my benchmade: http://www.usaknifemaker.com/ti-pock...in-p-1941.html

But they won't ship here because of potential "customs and fraud" issues. Makes us sound like a bunch of crooks.
This fraud issue happens quite often in Asia, not particularly/majorly Singapore but I believe Hong Kong and Malaysia, if you do browse some of the e-commerce online retailing forums. Sellers often discuss the risk of shipping to Asia there.

Actually most sellers are willing to ship first class but you've got to build some kinda rapport in their online community and they will accommodate if you ask nicely. Always works for me. It helps if you've got american friends who can vouch for your identity too. ;P

Last edited by viix; 30-06-2011 at 10:15 PM..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #2147
Master Member

could someone pls guide me or drop me a pm on where i can shop/browse for a foldable knife or toolknife-combi? apart from sngarms. tks
Sheares @ Little India there? Black Tactical @ funan?
Old 30-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #2148
Master Member

hv checked out the shop in funan. i realise they carry more leatherman goods; and their spydercos are quite pricey.. i guess im looking out more for spiders, any recommendations or sellers?
chemz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #2149

Like I'd mentioned before, I was hesitant to recommend some sellers simply because there were some monkeys emailing nasty stuff because of missing items or slow delivery when requesting for USPS first class knowing the risk that it is NOT INSURED or TRACKABLE.

The shippers responsibility is until the package leaves their hands yet buyers blame the sellers and make a charge back on the credit card. Imagine selling an item and the payment doesn't come through.. their financial and time loss is not a Joke so some monkeys decided to abuse their good will and this is the result..

This fraud issue happens quite often in Asia, not particularly/majorly Singapore but I believe Hong Kong and Malaysia, if you do browse some of the e-commerce online retailing forums. Sellers often discuss the risk of shipping to Asia there.

Actually most sellers are willing to ship first class but you've got to build some kinda rapport in their online community and they will accommodate if you ask nicely. Always works for me. It helps if you've got american friends who can vouch for your identity too. ;P
My payment got through to them, and they refunded. So i find it a joke that the did not accept my order. I'm not complaining. Heck, ksf once forgot to ship an item to me and i told them about it. They shipped the missing item to me (the same address) and i take it as nothing happened. So i am baffled as to why won't they ship to me (the same address) this time.
Frozenboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #2150

hv checked out the shop in funan. i realise they carry more leatherman goods; and their spydercos are quite pricey.. i guess im looking out more for spiders, any recommendations or sellers?
Hey, most of the spyderco's are mine over there:
Delica with wave, Superleaf, Stretch, yea... and i got zero tolerance 0350 and a case gunstock folder there too.
Yup it's expensive coz that guy gets 20% for displaying my items. If u're interested in any, u can pm me ya!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:00 AM   #2151
Master Member

My payment got through to them, and they refunded. So i find it a joke that the did not accept my order. I'm not complaining. Heck, ksf once forgot to ship an item to me and i told them about it. They shipped the missing item to me (the same address) and i take it as nothing happened. So i am baffled as to why won't they ship to me (the same address) this time.

Hey, most of the spyderco's are mine over there:
Delica with wave, Superleaf, Stretch, yea... and i got zero tolerance 0350 and a case gunstock folder there too.
Yup it's expensive coz that guy gets 20% for displaying my items. If u're interested in any, u can pm me ya!
Well, wasn't refering to the active posters here but the lurkers who read and go buy from our favourite etailers.. so unfortunately, even if you'd had a long standing account, they are apprehensive about accepting the order unless it's shipped Express mail which cost 36USD..

Hmm, so he sets the price or you? so the 20% stocking fee is loaded into the display price and borne by the seller or the buyer? I'm assuming the seller correct?

Last edited by viix; 01-07-2011 at 06:06 AM..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:01 AM   #2152
Great Supremacy Member

http://sogknives.com/store/CD-01.html

too long.
RyuShinEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #2153

Well, wasn't refering to the active posters here but the lurkers who read and go buy from our favourite etailers.. so unfortunately, even if you'd had a long standing account, they are apprehensive about accepting the order unless it's shipped Express mail which cost 36USD..

Hmm, so he sets the price or you? so the 20% stocking fee is loaded into the display price and borne by the seller or the buyer? I'm assuming the seller correct?
I didn't have they option of an alternative shipping. Nvm, i wanted to give bravo necker a try because they had a promotion on it.

No, i set the price. He'll take 20% of the price of each knife sold. Of course i want to sell for some profit, but he earns more than me from that 20%. So i have to charge higher or else i'll be making loss. Despite saying that, it is only at Blacktactical where i can display my stuffs to let more people will know about my knives.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:12 AM   #2154

Want to let go a Benchmade 530 plain edge satin blade.Brand New In Box. PM me if interested!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #2155

Sometimes there's just no escaping the high shipping charges... I've been selling on and off a while and there are some regions I won't touch with a 10-foot pole. Any of the Easter bloc countries, Italy, most countries in the African Nataion except for South Africa where I've made a few friends with, Australia and the UK. And I absolutely do not deal with Malaysians unless I know them well enough... Think of it this way, If you were shipping a USD200 dollar knife overseas you'd get cold feet too.

When Australian authorities seize a knife they "dispose" of it... They do NOT return to sender and the buyer will make things difficult for you if they paid via PayPal.

Last edited by Lonerider; 08-07-2011 at 09:16 AM..
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #2156

Anyone interested to get a benchmade 530 or a benchmade folding salmon fillet? both BNIB. I selling to buy new knife
Old 12-07-2011, 02:06 AM   #2157
Master Member

Anyone interested to get a benchmade 530 or a benchmade folding salmon fillet? both BNIB. I selling to buy new knife
some pic would probably help
Old 12-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #2158

My Fallkniven Knives

Last edited by Spurgears; 20-07-2011 at 07:58 PM..
Spurgears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 03:43 AM   #2159
Master Member

My Fallkniven Knives

Naise series for collection! Especially the A1
Old 13-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #2160

Moment of impulse, finally collected almost full series... now sitting in the cabinet, dunno what to do with it

dun think I'll ever use it at all hahahaha
Spurgears is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.