EDMW Knife Collectors

slayergut

Reaction score
But for me all will use one, not just to display for nice at home :D

I use my swiss army knife..not my $200+ benchmade osborne 440 with CPMs30v steel that i bought becuz the wood handle scales are just too chio..if you use all your knives,then you are a user..not a collector liao..And just curious here..Do you have a chriss reeve sebenza?

How about people who collect swords?replica rifles?1/6 scale toy soldiers?i dont think they use their stuff alot.(worse.some women collect shoes they dont wear.safe to say here cuz very few females on this thread..shh)And this thread,in a sense..is for knife collectors.. heh.no offence to you using your knives tho.:D

BTW i have the leatherman with flipper.no safety lock to keep it in..but since it's not A/O,its fine..never opened up on me before when i went camping with it.i'll never bring it camping again tho..my leatherman wave is so much more versatile.has a can opener lol.And the steel is 420C with bead blasted finish.Rusts like carbon steel yet not as hard..not very good.leatherman are better with multitools.

Last edited:

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw where do u usually get your knives from?

When import from overseas got any extra steps necessary or just import over like that?

slayergut

Reaction score
My parents let me order thru their Credit card.U can get from most online knife shops that ship internationally.Sadly,oil prices are horrible now and shipping is expensive.

There're no clear rules with knives.as a shop owner u should know.If you are planning to import a large number of knives,u will have to inform the A&E department and get a license to import.if only one or two piece is simpler.when u mail it in got lucky draw.If customs deem it safe,for example a small non-locking folder.it'll go straight to you..If its a rambo knife like arlaix's(fellow collector now serving NS in brunei),they will probably stop the package and tell u to go down to ICA and collect.

IF u have to go down to ICA to collect the knife,it will be sealed and you have to go to A&E to get it approved.have to bring IC.If you have valid reason,like collection,and the item is not a prohibited item,it SHOULD be approved and you will be allowed to bring home n drool over it.

BTW,kukris,daggers(2 side sharpened,even if abit on other side),parangs,spears and a few other items are not allowed.i dont remember all of the prohibited items.A couple of tips,knives like bowies with unsharpened clips are also sometimes considered daggers,and if your package states dagger,the chances of it being approved are much lower,even if its a knife.not a dagger.

Disclaimer:this is based on my personal knowledge,might not be totally reliable.

Last edited:

arlaix

Reaction score
wa slayergut i told you to post lor is u slow la. anyway the one bought under my name is really chio looks like the same design came out on news paper about the thailand internal conflicts but i still like your SOG government agent!

This is the parang left by my senior took a pic and played with it but returned it to store liao. =(
2rxzl0k.jpg

slayergut

Reaction score
wa slayergut i told you to post lor is u slow la. anyway the one bought under my name is really chio looks like the same design came out on news paper about the thailand internal conflicts but i still like your SOG government agent!

This is the parang left by my senior took a pic and played with it but returned it to store liao. =(
2rxzl0k.jpg

Haha.the handle looks so bulky and uncomfortable..hows the balance?
BTW,the sheathe looks better den the machete itself.lol.

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

2rxzl0k.jpg
KNS so rusty, chop u 1X sure tio blood poisoning one :s22:

slayergut

Reaction score
Thats y its power ma...anyway dragon.where's your shop?maybe me n arlaix can visit when he comes back from being a soldier wannabe.

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slyer, that katana set, what is the brand/model?

The handguard looks interesting...

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when ur multi tool coming?

Should be this week, i took the knives first, whilst i look through the multitool list, that list so long... dunno which to take, and which to skip :(

Any particular interest?

vinn

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should be this week, i took the knives first, whilst i look through the multitool list, that list so long... dunno which to take, and which to skip :(

Any particular interest?
leatherman:
wave
charge ti
squirt
juice

im checking ard for price of a wave lo.
read theres a old and new model wave. i also duno how to differentiate

slayergut

Reaction score
My honest opinion,
Leatherman
Charge TTi,
WAVE!!!
Charge
Squirt

are the ones u should stock...charge AL all these are exactly the same design as wave and tti.except for material and a few very minor things.TTi is the premium de.WAVE is the father of all charges.i got my wave for $120 tho..hard to beat the price.but i would like to see the charge models cuz they're the best for carry,and too ma fan to order.

And i want to enquire.if i get a fenix L2d,E01 and E20 from the shop will be how much?got how much discount?

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My honest opinion,
Leatherman
Charge TTi,
WAVE!!!
Charge
Squirt

are the ones u should stock...charge AL all these are exactly the same design as wave and tti.except for material and a few very minor things.TTi is the premium de.WAVE is the father of all charges.i got my wave for $120 tho..hard to beat the price.but i would like to see the charge models cuz they're the best for carry,and too ma fan to order.

And i want to enquire.if i get a fenix L2d,E01 and E20 from the shop will be how much?got how much discount?

LOL 120 is confirm + chop is parallel imported wave, the serial is different.

IF anything happens, the leatherman service centre in singapore wont honor the warranty.

So must be ultra careful and pray like hell it doesnt malfunction on you :D

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
leatherman:
wave
charge ti
squirt
juice

im checking ard for price of a wave lo.
read theres a old and new model wave. i also duno how to differentiate

Juice and squirt I didnt really take leh... a bit sexpensive :p, somemore i believe MOST people who use dun really want so colourful right?

The coating scratch then kanna sai like that :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.