EDMW Knife Collectors

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Stiletto means commando knife. Double edged. I think you can't buy it.

But you can join the Army and be a Commando. Then you will have it.... in the Army.

Ah, the dagger. Yup, prohibited, but you can buy and frame.

sojourn88

Reaction score
Just got a cold steel tanto knife. Nice feel.solid. Going to frame up once i get home.

i like the idea to show the collection.. see if you can show us a picture after framing it up. it is a good idea i think, although you have to be extra careful and use only double sided tape from 3M or even put a nail onto the wall, to make sure the frame and its sharp contents does not fall from the high wall, piercing into your feet.. ;-) .. anyway just be careful..

i am thinking to get a glass display cabinet (with lock) and with LED lights to show my collection. but i will need one with a lock which is not easy to find. maybe need to custom make.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
that's just plain funny! =:p
Lol yeah, saw his avatar and just re-used it.. seems suitable for the reply.. no offense meant @worcer

Stiletto means commando knife. Double edged. I think you can't buy it.
But you can join the Army and be a Commando. Then you will have it.... in the Army.

Can buy and frame.. order from sheares if you are a CDO.. not sure civilians can buy anot.. but what's the point for this stiletto unless it is to mark a significant event (like the day you get the red beret) in your life..

i like the idea to show the collection.. see if you can show us a picture after framing it up. it is a good idea i think, although you have to be extra careful and use only double sided tape from 3M or even put a nail onto the wall, to make sure the frame and its sharp contents does not fall from the high wall, piercing into your feet.. ;-) .. anyway just be careful..

i am thinking to get a glass display cabinet (with lock) and with LED lights to show my collection. but i will need one with a lock which is not easy to find. maybe need to custom make.

I though about showcasing my knife collection at home in the living room and in a display cabinet but alot of work to do maintenance with all the dust and humidity/oxidation.. in the end I used the spare dry cabinet and set it at a more desirable condition.. less frequency needed to oil and wipe the blades down

My experience is that best to store it in a glass cabinet than a wood one.. the wood one tends to retain humidity more..

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No way i am goin to put some where to show ppl my knives. No way on walls... To dangerous. Frame it up to protect it and viewing purpose. Maybe only my another cold steel one for camping...

viking

Reaction score
Here is another traditional knife - the French Opinel (No. 8).

opinel_zps9b87b7a1.jpg

The Opinel knife was invented by Joseph Opinel in 1890 in Savoie, France, as a working man's or peasant's knife. It is numbered 1 to 12, with the number corresponding to blade length, e.g. No. 8 = 8.5 cm.
Blade is carbon steel and extremely sharp.
The Opinel has a safety twistlock mechanism, for Nos. 6 above, allowing the blade to be locked in the open or closed position.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
you mean auto? yes u can but will be confiscated by ICA

Bing Bing :)

Nomenclature: flick knives = autos, switchblade, stiletto(subjective)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switchblade

Leathermans are fine and great! Are you thinking of the OHT?

Last edited:

ponpokku

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Department stores - Isetan, Takashimaya etc. Kyocera is the most well known brand.

I doubt it can cut bone. Never tried.

cannot cos it is brittle and will break on impact.

cut bone best chinese cleaver. cheap and effective.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.