HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #2251

My BRKT Bravo2 has arrived. It is very well made indeed

WHY???
I'm saving up like crazy now to buy climbing n trekking equipment, but everytime i come here i see things like these and kena poison...i should stop coming here...

VERY NICE BTW.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #2252
Supremacy Member

~so moody~ all of you owned nice blade.
[[ShadowBlade]] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #2253

Looks hefty! I already find the B1 hefty! the b2 must make an expensive chopper! Hows the balance on this knife?
It's actually not as hefty as it looks.. I bought this together with an additional loveless sheath for my bravo 1 and the entire package only weight 1.81 lbs, I think less than 1kg...

It is also very balance and light weight which kinda makes it not really a good chopper.. I would prefer to use my cs trail master for chopping task.

Last edited by Spurgears; 09-08-2011 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: pic added
Spurgears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #2254

Red face

WHY???
I'm saving up like crazy now to buy climbing n trekking equipment, but everytime i come here i see things like these and kena poison...i should stop coming here...

VERY NICE BTW.
My obsession with knives ignited when my mum brought me to watch Greystoke Tarzan (the one by Christopher Lambert) at Capitol cinema in the 1984

Bro, save yourself while you still can... I already kena poison deep deep until I am an addict now... buy all these knives only to be stored in the cabinet with no chance to use at all... I already completed my reservist liao so no more out field

My wife complain non stop and I may need to check myself in for rehabilitation soon... so dun be like me spend lots of money on white elephant
Old 09-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #2255

Below the size comparison between Bravo2 and Bravo1

Both knives are very well made
Old 09-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #2256

just bought a spyderco ladybug from amazon.

First "real" knife i ever own.

The earlier few were all those chinese knifes from dealextreme or san ren mu.
Did you ship direct to your address? Amazon said it couldn't ship to my address in Singapore.

On another note, looking to buy a Spyderco Tenacious.
user14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #2257

My obsession with knives ignited when my mum brought me to watch Greystoke Tarzan (the one by Christopher Lambert) at Capitol cinema in the 1984

Bro, save yourself while you still can... I already kena poison deep deep until I am an addict now... buy all these knives only to be stored in the cabinet with no chance to use at all... I already completed my reservist liao so no more out field

My wife complain non stop and I may need to check myself in for rehabilitation soon... so dun be like me spend lots of money on white elephant
Already spent everything i have on knives.. T.T but i've already got a knife to cover my 'needs' so i'm slowing down.. no more safe queens for me! I haven't even go NS yet. So MAYBE i'll get to use some of my knives next time.
Now use the money to go places to climb instead.

BTW people i'm still looking to sell my BM530 brand new! Ordered extra last time.

Last edited by slayergut; 09-08-2011 at 08:21 PM..
slayergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #2258

Already spent everything i have on knives.. T.T but i've already got a knife to cover my 'needs' so i'm slowing down.. no more safe queens for me! I haven't even go NS yet. So MAYBE i'll get to use some of my knives next time.
Now use the money to go places to climb instead.

BTW people i'm still looking to sell my BM530 brand new! Ordered extra last time.

Havnt NS yet!? oh my gosh you're YOUNG Haha!

I am sure you'll have plenty of opportunity to hard use your knives in field... when you're operational. When I was NSF, we use to draw Ontario blade machete from CQ store for out field.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #2259

We should have an exclusive forum for Sg knives collector... a place where local knives enthusiast can engage in knives discussion or share lobang and common interest... and photos

If there isn't already one... does anybody have any suggestion on how we should start one? maybe delphi forum?
Old 10-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #2260

how do u guys ship in knives from overseas? borderlinx just reject my package and returned to amazon. so sad.
foosdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:00 AM   #2261
Master Member

@foosdoll: urm, all forwarders do not allow shipping of blades/knives.. just ship them direct, but shipping price isn't cheap..

@Spurgears: Nice! You still keep the Greystoke Tarzan? Mine started with an opinel my dad handed me for fishing eons ago.. it's now a shelf queen but that knife has alot of sentimental value all the way back from school days lol.. and the missus complaints is something we have to get use to!

anyway a forum is troublesome to administer with all the spam bots floating about cyberspace.. my suggestion would be a facebook group page or something, kept closed and easier to manage..

Last edited by viix; 11-08-2011 at 02:15 AM..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #2262

Just to clarify...

H1 will NOT rust; period... All H1 folding blades produced by Spyderco will not rust even in strong acids what more saltwater. There isn't any carbon in the steel so rust just doesn't form. H1 is not a stainless steel it is rustproof. All parts of the salt series including the pivots, screws and washers are rust proof. The clips on these are titanium. They are amazing value for money. Oh... The etching will fade but the blade itself will not corrode.
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #2263
Master Member

Ah I stand corrected! Looks like the h1 spydies are pretty good around salt water looking at the test floating around the web! Now I wonder how does benchmade's h2o series compare!
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #2264

I don't think the H20 series will be better than the salt series. Axis locks have 2 omega springs in them which i suspect will rust. Heck, i think the whole axis mechanism will rust. Lol
Frozenboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #2265

I don't think the H20 series will be better than the salt series. Axis locks have 2 omega springs in them which i suspect will rust. Heck, i think the whole axis mechanism will rust. Lol
You're right... Thing about the BM water knives is that the blade is rustproof but the mechanisms are not. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

Last edited by Lonerider; 15-08-2011 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.