HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #2296

Well, there's a fruit suited for chopping with longer blades! The Coconut! it's a pain to trim the husk off with a short blade!
I fully agree. Also, longer blade can be used to chop down the coconut tree first then can get to all the coconuts with no hassle of climbing it hahaha!
Spurgears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #2297

what shall i use to sharpen my knife? any site that teaches you how to sharpen? many thanks.
amlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #2298

I fully agree. Also, longer blade can be used to chop down the coconut tree first then can get to all the coconuts with no hassle of climbing it hahaha!
O.O chop tree ah....chainsaw?
Old 25-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #2299
Supremacy Member

Finally I got the Bark River Aurora in Green Canvas Micarta...

That's enough... I guess I won't be getting anymore BRKT for the time being...
How much? I'm looking to buy a new knife.. Anyone w a nice knife to let go pls pm me
Middle-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #2300

O.O chop tree ah....chainsaw?

Small kid better dun play with chainsaw, very dangerous wan hahaha!
Old 31-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #2301

Small kid better dun play with chainsaw, very dangerous wan hahaha!

*carry chainsaw go climb mountains*
Old 31-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #2302

Going to let go a lightly used black FRN Endura 4 or a new blue FRN Endura 4 flat ground.

Anyone interested?
amlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #2303

More knives

Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #2304

More Knives

Old 04-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #2305

More Knives

Unfortunately it came with a deep scratch on the titanium side. Hope this photo shows it. I'm sending her to Kai USA for a spa treatment. Hopefully she comes back all fixed up.

I was supposed to get 3 of these but Knife Center messed things up and ended up with only one from Knife Works. Knife Works have not responded to my e-mail about the scratch so it's off to Kai. I'm re-considering buying from them again. God knows how much I've spent at their store.
Sonic69 likes this.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #2306
Arch-Supremacy Member

Unfortunately it came with a deep scratch on the titanium side. Hope this photo shows it. I'm sending her to Kai USA for a spa treatment. Hopefully she comes back all fixed up.

I was supposed to get 3 of these but Knife Center messed things up and ended up with only one from Knife Works. Knife Works have not responded to my e-mail about the scratch so it's off to Kai. I'm re-considering buying from them again. God knows how much I've spent at their store.
yo buttie mind SIC the last knife where to buy? thanks!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #2307

yo buttie mind SIC the last knife where to buy? thanks!
You can't find this exact model anymore. All sold out. You can try eBay or some of the knife forums but got to warn you, they're very expensive right now. You're looking at around USD250-300.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #2308

Yeah. knifeworks doesn't care about the knives they sent u is damaged or not. Awesome ZT 0551... I hope i can save up for the 560.
Frozenboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #2309

Very nice ZT 0551 folder!! limited to 1 pc per customer but its out of stock now... you always got good eyes for collectors items!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #2310

Very nice ZT 0551 folder!! limited to 1 pc per customer but its out of stock now... you always got good eyes for collectors items!
Actually Knife Centre doesn't have such limits but heck... They screwed up my order. Noticed the later versions are all higher priced... they aren't selling too well though. Guess the favourable USD to SGD exchange rate isn't going to make knives any cheaper. I expect to see a few more sellers selling to overseas customer soon. I heard their local sales are slowing down a lot. Good news for collectors I guess.

FYI some buyers aren't happy with Kershaw because the initial run was to be for 1000 knives but the first run had LOTS of issues so they had a second run so now the number stands at 2000! If anyone is buying these ask for lots of photos especially of blade centering and lockbar. Seems some of the earlier run had lockbars that went all the way to the G10 scale.

Last edited by Lonerider; 05-09-2011 at 08:48 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.