EDMW Knife Collectors

sojourn88

Reaction score
The CRKT Ken Onion Ripple (3.125" blade, black with washed out white aluminium handle), pre-order now accepting at each SGD70, limited quantity only. expected delivery Late April, Early May.
specs here in CRKT site:
Ripple (Black) | EDC Folding Knife | CRKT

Alot of US sites are selling around USD38 and if shipping added for USPS, it will be more than $85.

PM me or email me here (smoothysilk@gmail.com) to order if you dont want to miss this opportunity to own a good piece of Ken Onion.

DISCLAIMER: Due to the nature of this item, please do show me your ID to ascertain your age before purchase, I do not sell to minors younger than 21 years old. The person carrying this item must be responsible and must be matured to know that this is not a toy for showing off.

pictures as shown:
ripple_orig.jpg

Ripple_Alu_058_gigersalien_wm.jpg

Ripple_Alu_003.JPG

Ripple_Alu_004.JPG

in order not to distract too much of discussion here:
check out the sales page here:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/general-merchandise-bazaar-261/crkt-ripple-linerlock-knife-ken-onion-4172468.html#post75417247

or

http://smoothysilk-harleydavidson.blogspot.sg/

Last edited:

sojourn88

Reaction score
I has a carbon st knife kept at cupboard, nite on aircon. Has same prob, rust spots appearing on blade. Seems I Goya find place open to store. Recent weather big humidity prob Lol.

i thought so .. the humidity..... so it seems im not the only one... ;-(

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought so .. the humidity..... so it seems im not the only one... ;-(

Its the same as our saf bayonet... Thats y we oil the damn dagger so offen. Its carbon steel.

U need chromium content to be 10%++ to be really good in our country.

I dun understand how u can keep ur high carbon steel knives without maintence for so long. Even my cold steel knives i bring out every week to clean.

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm looking at getting a benchmade 710 plain edge with satin finish. Quite concern because the production ones now are D2 Tool steel. Not very good for humid climate. I'm thinking on hunting down a 154CM steel version cause the M390 Blade is too expensive. :(
Any idea guys? I don't wanna sell my house to buy a knife. :(

alantcy

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm looking at getting a benchmade 710 plain edge with satin finish. Quite concern because the production ones now are D2 Tool steel. Not very good for humid climate. I'm thinking on hunting down a 154CM steel version cause the M390 Blade is too expensive. :(
Any idea guys? I don't wanna sell my house to buy a knife. :(

I'm running a 10% discount this weekend.
Maybe you like to consider the M390?
Get 2 or more definitely give you further discount! :)

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
I'm running a 10% discount this weekend.
Maybe you like to consider the M390?
Get 2 or more definitely give you further discount! :)

Wa, 10%?! Sibei tempting. But still can't dig out $270 in short notice. :( I'm looking at digging out $200 next month though...
Cause I've 3 knives coming in. My uncle just told me he's gonna ship it to me in the next few days!

alantcy

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone knows about this webstore.
Urbantoolhaus (Singapore)
For those into Cold Steel, Boker, Ka-Bar, and Lansky, may find some stuff.

*I'm not in anyway affiliated to the site. Only happened to chance by it. :)

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
The urbantoolhaus I've seen quite a bit. I was about to get the gold executive folder from S&W before I saw kershaw shallot. I think should be quite okay since it's a local dealer!

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
The urbantoolhaus I've seen quite a bit. I was about to get the gold executive folder from S&W before I saw kershaw shallot. I think should be quite okay since it's a local dealer!

stick to Kershaw, Benchmade, Spyderco etc IMO. for around $100, you can get proven workhorses like Spyderco Tenacious, Persistance, Delica, Endura, smaller Salts (if you use it in a salty environment). For a little more you can get Benchmade with their axis locks etc (you even have a local dealer who holds a distribution licence). My 2 cents, but ain't worth too much these days. And if you're going to get a bunch of prodos but don't seem to be able to use them, why not save the $$ and get yourself a nice upgrade (high end prodo, or, custom). It's a whole different ballgame, materials, stories and experience =:p

All's good though, whatever floats your boat as long as you enjoy it ;)

lostLore85

Reaction score
I have a lnib Pekka Tuominen Nilakka for sale at $285 if you are interested, and possibly a modified Anso Rock Lobster in a couple of weeks.

Thanks vespaguy. Im actually new to all these...have only been using SAKs so far. Am thinking of getting one small and one large edc blade. any suggestions?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.