HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #271

hey arlaix upload nv tell me...i also have collection!Pardon rusty/old katana

And by the way FroztSpectre i'm 17yo and carry a knife to my secondary school too.A victorinox classic swiss army knife in pink.1.5inch blade with scissors,tweezers,nail file and toothpick.I carry it for opening packages,and the odd problem that comes up which requires a knife or any of the tools i have,NOT FOR DEFENSE (not that my pink 1.5inch blade would work well).

But you must understand that carrying a knife ANYWHERE requires great responsibility.In no case should you ever carry a knife to protect yourself against anything short of King Kong.
Anybody can kill another person with a knife.Its only a matter of who's smart enough not to do it.If you wish to continue carrying a knife to school or anywhere at all,i hope you have responsibility for the knife.But if u wish to carry it for defense,i seriously suggest you STOP now.

- Hensem
slayergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #272
Great Supremacy Member

hey arlaix upload nv tell me...i also have collection!Pardon rusty/old katana

And by the way FroztSpectre i'm 17yo and carry a knife to my secondary school too.A victorinox classic swiss army knife in pink.1.5inch blade with scissors,tweezers,nail file and toothpick.I carry it for opening packages,and the odd problem that comes up which requires a knife or any of the tools i have,NOT FOR DEFENSE (not that my pink 1.5inch blade would work well).

But you must understand that carrying a knife ANYWHERE requires great responsibility.In no case should you ever carry a knife to protect yourself against anything short of King Kong.
Anybody can kill another person with a knife.Its only a matter of who's smart enough not to do it.If you wish to continue carrying a knife to school or anywhere at all,i hope you have responsibility for the knife.But if u wish to carry it for defense,i seriously suggest you STOP now.

- Hensem
wahseh..... nice collection .......swee
Old 05-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #273

Anyway this post quite hot.unlike bladeforums singapore threads damn dead de.
Anyway dragon,it really depends on the person you're selling the knives to.I'm turning 18 soon,and ive been a relatively responsible knife owner since i was 15.cant judge a kid by his cover eh?

Anyway,wheres your shop??i only know of sheares n sngarms for knives..

Anyway check out all the anyways in this post.lol.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #274
Supremacy Member

i am just curious, what do you all do with all the swords and knives other than keeping as collection?
Old 05-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #275
Arch-Supremacy Member

most of the 'responsible' knife owners own them for a purpose. For camping, for fishing, etc. You keep so many for what? Cannot even use to chop durian.
Jack_Chen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #276

Ever tried asking what a stamp/sticker collector what he uses his stamps for other than collection?thats what a collector mean.i have a small zippo collection too.do i use all of them?no.it's just a collection.

Anyway if i use to chop durian and chip my edge.i will cry..
Old 05-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #277
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah, if dis fellow buy knives from u, i confirm wont support ur store liao.

kids bring knive to school, for protection?against kids who spray shampoo?...wat a crock of shiat
EXACTLY... there is no reason for them to own any yet.

Most likely I wont sell them one, even if the parents come with them or something... but who one earth brings their parents to buy knives
Old 05-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #278
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ever tried asking what a stamp/sticker collector what he uses his stamps for other than collection?thats what a collector mean.i have a small zippo collection too.do i use all of them?no.it's just a collection.

Anyway if i use to chop durian and chip my edge.i will cry..
QTF

lol i dun need to answer liao
Old 05-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #279
Great Supremacy Member

Its for self defence 1 lar.

My school lar, got few stupid people act beng boh beng. Anyhow go jisiao ppl. Spray whatever shampoo inside ppl pants.

I won't anyhow go see ppl buay song go slash them 1, don't worry. lol.
Good luck
halocast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:03 PM   #280
Great Supremacy Member

most of the 'responsible' knife owners own them for a purpose. For camping, for fishing, etc. You keep so many for what? Cannot even use to chop durian.
Lol... this is the same across "collections" mah..

there is realli a real purpose for every item. Its just a hobby and people like their "item"

so they collect mah
halocast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #281
Arch-Supremacy Member

But for me all will use one, not just to display for nice at home
Old 05-09-2008, 11:32 PM   #282

But for me all will use one, not just to display for nice at home
I use my swiss army knife..not my $200+ benchmade osborne 440 with CPMs30v steel that i bought becuz the wood handle scales are just too chio..if you use all your knives,then you are a user..not a collector liao..And just curious here..Do you have a chriss reeve sebenza?

How about people who collect swords?replica rifles?1/6 scale toy soldiers?i dont think they use their stuff alot.(worse.some women collect shoes they dont wear.safe to say here cuz very few females on this thread..shh)And this thread,in a sense..is for knife collectors.. heh.no offence to you using your knives tho.

BTW i have the leatherman with flipper.no safety lock to keep it in..but since it's not A/O,its fine..never opened up on me before when i went camping with it.i'll never bring it camping again tho..my leatherman wave is so much more versatile.has a can opener lol.And the steel is 420C with bead blasted finish.Rusts like carbon steel yet not as hard..not very good.leatherman are better with multitools.

Last edited by slayergut; 05-09-2008 at 11:46 PM..
Old 05-09-2008, 11:50 PM   #283
Arch-Supremacy Member

Btw where do u usually get your knives from?

When import from overseas got any extra steps necessary or just import over like that?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:45 AM   #284

My parents let me order thru their Credit card.U can get from most online knife shops that ship internationally.Sadly,oil prices are horrible now and shipping is expensive.

There're no clear rules with knives.as a shop owner u should know.If you are planning to import a large number of knives,u will have to inform the A&E department and get a license to import.if only one or two piece is simpler.when u mail it in got lucky draw.If customs deem it safe,for example a small non-locking folder.it'll go straight to you..If its a rambo knife like arlaix's(fellow collector now serving NS in brunei),they will probably stop the package and tell u to go down to ICA and collect.

IF u have to go down to ICA to collect the knife,it will be sealed and you have to go to A&E to get it approved.have to bring IC.If you have valid reason,like collection,and the item is not a prohibited item,it SHOULD be approved and you will be allowed to bring home n drool over it.

BTW,kukris,daggers(2 side sharpened,even if abit on other side),parangs,spears and a few other items are not allowed.i dont remember all of the prohibited items.A couple of tips,knives like bowies with unsharpened clips are also sometimes considered daggers,and if your package states dagger,the chances of it being approved are much lower,even if its a knife.not a dagger.

Disclaimer:this is based on my personal knowledge,might not be totally reliable.

Last edited by slayergut; 06-09-2008 at 12:58 AM..
Old 06-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #285

wa slayergut i told you to post lor is u slow la. anyway the one bought under my name is really chio looks like the same design came out on news paper about the thailand internal conflicts but i still like your SOG government agent!

This is the parang left by my senior took a pic and played with it but returned it to store liao. =(
arlaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.