EDMW Knife Collectors

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Are you sure no one else in Sg has it ? :s13:
We have crouching tigers and hidden dragons everywhere ....

I update you if I get a reply from Will...

No problem bro. I'm waiting to get onto his list next year end. He told me by then he should have the ambi-button lock ready. He's a sucker for symmetry too. So I guess it'll b worth the wait.
How much are you looking to drop on his custom? And what options?

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Yea. Shears selling price is a bit pricey. Last time I checked they sold blades at three times the price I can get from knifecenter!

Even the other stuff like gears are not cheap. Want to help Singaporeans business one time, so went over to see if anything not too overpriced to buy... But almost everything above even shops in Singapore selling it too.

So I asked around. talk to the boss and asked him why so pricey. His reply is simple... He dun care because he believes anyone that buys these stuff will buy because they are that expensive. But I interpret as "anyone that stupid to let me chop I will chop!"

In the end, I gave up trying to get a backpack there and ordered from US my Kifaru...

I don't believer that's the way business should be done. Sometimes, local business have a very distorted sense of profiteering. In US, they try to help the consumer by having discounts on festive days, and military discount too. In Singapore, festive means 100% mark up.

squarebox

Reaction score
Actually it's not just knives, almost everything in Singapore retail are "marketed" that way...
One of the main reason is monopoly or anti-competition agreements.

chengkhi

Reaction score
No problem bro. I'm waiting to get onto his list next year end. He told me by then he should have the ambi-button lock ready. He's a sucker for symmetry too. So I guess it'll b worth the wait.
How much are you looking to drop on his custom? And what options?

I like simple sleek design so the cost should stay close to base...
for the MK12, harpoon tanto blade, 2 tone and simple integral handle...
its probably 100-200 more above base judging from MK6/7 options.

chengkhi

Reaction score
Actually it's not just knives, almost everything in Singapore retail are "marketed" that way...
One of the main reason is monopoly or anti-competition agreements.

I think our small population base and high rentals plays a part also...
I have not been spending my money in Sg for a long time already, always buying overseas....

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
I like simple sleek design so the cost should stay close to base...
for the MK12, harpoon tanto blade, 2 tone and simple integral handle...
its probably 100-200 more above base judging from MK6/7 options.

Hmm. Harpoon +100 or so, 2 tone should be +$250 wor. But his satin + mirror is epic chio.

squarebox

Reaction score
I think our small population base and high rentals plays a part also...
I have not been spending my money in Sg for a long time already, always buying overseas....

True, rentals are high but most easily cover their rental for the month in 1-2days so using that excuse is ********. The turnover per month for retail is usually sky-high if not they would have moved out especially with rental at most location increases at a minimum of 10% every year. Furthermore retailers like to use cheap part timers so that they dont have to provide any benefits.

alantcy

Reaction score
Benchmade 300SSN Axis Flipper

Ur2iRVx.jpg

DZQvjzV.jpg

KwVHocl.jpg

BZ3Ag14.jpg

8UKrTZz.jpg

SZFRf66.jpg

Hk8gTHD.jpg

Last edited:

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Dun choose the high polish bevel option at 250, the acid/stone wash with satin flats etc. cost less then 100 (good enough for me).

I'll probably opt for the mirrored bevels. Too sick bro. Have you seen his recurve blade? Subtle yet seductive.

chengkhi

Reaction score
I'll probably opt for the mirrored bevels. Too sick bro. Have you seen his recurve blade? Subtle yet seductive.

Yupz, gone thru most of his work after u mentioned him...
I like his harpoon tanto or harpoon spanto blade grind more, the mirror finish looks very good but i feel not worth it for 250 leh...

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Yupz, gone thru most of his work after u mentioned him...
I like his harpoon tanto or harpoon spanto blade grind more, the mirror finish looks very good but i feel not worth it for 250 leh...

Probably true about the price. But frankly speaking, it's hard to find well done hand rubbed mirror polish on blades. You usually find them on higher end customs only (think Brad Southard). Maybe full satin then hand rub the bevels to a mirror polish on your own! :D
His works are little known to the bigger community. Unlike southard, Anso, frank Fischer or RJ Martins. That's where I rank his works, among the likes of those I mentioned. I mean, those are crazy tight tolerances man. Just look at how perfect his inlays are. On par with the Anso/Brnly Zetta inlays. I see a lot of potential in his works, so I introduce him to anyone who might be interested. And I definitely owe it to myself to get him to build me one of the most epic blades.

chengkhi

Reaction score
Probably true about the price. But frankly speaking, it's hard to find well done hand rubbed mirror polish on blades. You usually find them on higher end customs only (think Brad Southard). Maybe full satin then hand rub the bevels to a mirror polish on your own! :D
His works are little known to the bigger community. Unlike southard, Anso, frank Fischer or RJ Martins. That's where I rank his works, among the likes of those I mentioned. I mean, those are crazy tight tolerances man. Just look at how perfect his inlays are. On par with the Anso/Brnly Zetta inlays. I see a lot of potential in his works, so I introduce him to anyone who might be interested. And I definitely owe it to myself to get him to build me one of the most epic blades.

The olamic wayfarer has mirror polish, hopefully they have it in mirror polish for next batch within the next 2-3 mths .... I be getting one if they have.

If you know Will personally, help me get a MK12 slot....
I let you molest it as a bribe in future ...:s13:

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
The olamic wayfarer has mirror polish, hopefully they have it in mirror polish for next batch within the next 2-3 mths .... I be getting one if they have.

If you know Will personally, help me get a MK12 slot....
I let you molest it as a bribe in future ...:s13:

Haha. No problem man. I'll help you get a slot if I can. I don't know will personally, but I've been contacting him quite often.

And yes, Olamic. Yummy knife man. But it's gotta wait. I new to save $1300 for the Ambi-button lock Will is making.

chengkhi

Reaction score
Haha. No problem man. I'll help you get a slot if I can. I don't know will personally, but I've been contacting him quite often.

And yes, Olamic. Yummy knife man. But it's gotta wait. I new to save $1300 for the Ambi-button lock Will is making.

at least you got a reply from Will ... lol
Whats this ambi lock thing ? Any info to show for it ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.