Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #3151

LAI LAI VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE EDMW GIRLS

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ea...d-4094325.html
saint_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #3152

Thumbs up Generation 4 Hinderer

Here are some pics of my Hinderer flipper. It's a gen 4 XM18 3.5" spanto flipper in S35VN steel, stonewashed frame and blade, with OD green scale. All the goodies are here: shaving sharp edge, early lock-up, flips with zero wrist etc

Enjoy!!

ps: it may be seeking a new home if my tispine doesn't sell soon though, lol

and some in hand shots....a Hinderer is certainly worth it, grippy, locks into your palm

Last edited by vespaguy; 08-02-2013 at 06:14 PM..
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #3153

a couple more shots before stepping out to run errands

if you have lotsa hongbao money or if you haven't bled from giving out lotsa hongbao money, hit me up for a dream flipper, lol....

Promethus likes this.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #3154

nice XM-18.
Does the blade bend to the sides when u push it in a closed position?
It looks like it may scrap with the liner.
alantcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #3155

nice XM-18.
Does the blade bend to the sides when u push it in a closed position?
It looks like it may scrap with the liner.
nope, blade is centered and doesn't rub the liners at all. Rick's cnc milling is quite faultless.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #3156

cool, always wanted to own a Hinderer but its too rich for my blood
alantcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #3157

cool, always wanted to own a Hinderer but its too rich for my blood
I remember my first custom. Prior to then, I had spent money on productions but always just admired customs from afar....always saying that it was outa my reach. But when I looked at my drawer, the aggregated value of the productions was more than the price of a custom. Eureka. I sold my productions, then pooled the money into a custom. But always keeping one production for 'abusive use' of the blade. You know, when it's really dirty, or when you are travelling.

Hinderers are a little pricey now that the only way to get them is via the aftermarket. Dealers have set the price benchmark, and the fact that one cannot buy direct compounds it. But, the pleasure in handling a well made tool is, I feel, worth the many dinners, drinks, massages etc that I've sacrificed to pay for it. YMMV

Happy New Year knife knuts! Gong Xi Fa Chai!
Old 10-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #3158

Hey guys, I'm new to knife collection.

I'm looking at getting a kershaw black shallot 1840CKT blem.
Any idea if it is controlled?

And what forwarding courier should I use? I think borderlinx doesn't allow knives and VPost is downright awful.

Thanks guys!
Sigmazxcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #3159

Hey guys, I'm new to knife collection.

I'm looking at getting a kershaw black shallot 1840CKT blem.
Any idea if it is controlled?

And what forwarding courier should I use? I think borderlinx doesn't allow knives and VPost is downright awful.

Thanks guys!
why don't you buy direct from a dealer that will ship abroad? you just need to assure the dealer that you will bear all risk of confiscation, theft or loss. Probably pay a little more - surely the convenience is worth it. That's what I do - if it goes kaput, I take the loss. I'm not sure if AO is allowed, but seems like some people have no problems with them.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #3160

why don't you buy direct from a dealer that will ship abroad? you just need to assure the dealer that you will bear all risk of confiscation, theft or loss. Probably pay a little more - surely the convenience is worth it. That's what I do - if it goes kaput, I take the loss. I'm not sure if AO is allowed, but seems like some people have no problems with them.
Hi vespaguy,

I did consider getting direct, but most dealers don't have blems. The price of a blem is only $35 compared to $55 for the cheapest production blade.

I recall seeing someone talk about their kershaw leek that they have in Singapore. To play safe, already email cantonment. In case ICA want jiao wei.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #3161

Hi vespaguy,

I did consider getting direct, but most dealers don't have blems. The price of a blem is only $35 compared to $55 for the cheapest production blade.

I recall seeing someone talk about their kershaw leek that they have in Singapore. To play safe, already email cantonment. In case ICA want jiao wei.
with the difference of only $20, is getting the blem worth it? You end up paying mote shipping by forwarding.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #3162

with the difference of only $20, is getting the blem worth it? You end up paying mote shipping by forwarding.
Hmm, I'm not too sure too. But the blems are free shipment within CONUS, so I can use a forwarder thereafter. Anyway, what would you recommend?

I found a kershaw shallot for $55 at Knifeworks. How do they ship? Any idea how much too?
Old 10-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #3163

I wouldn't kill myself over a difference of $20, YMMV. I'm not familiar with the particular knife you're looking for, but knifecenter ships for a very reasonable rate, if the item is in stock (about USD15) and it's via UPS (about a week). I've never gotten anything from Roger/knifeworks. I normally use USPS Priority International at $17 for small flat rate, or for low value items, just first class shipping. If the dealer knows how to work with you, the small flat rate box actually has a shipping label no, so you can check when it arrives in Singapore. In any case, I tell the dealer I'll take the risk. I haven't bought from dealers direct in a long time...I have a friend that I direct packages too, then they ship it in bulk to me since many US sellers don't want to ship abroad.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #3164

Hmm, I'm not too sure too. But the blems are free shipment within CONUS, so I can use a forwarder thereafter. Anyway, what would you recommend?

I found a kershaw shallot for $55 at Knifeworks. How do they ship? Any idea how much too?
I have done with knifeworks before. they are alright to ship direct. typically about USD45 by USPS priority post .so it is more worth it if u buy a few more to ship together.
beware forwarder. I have tried vpost and gateway... both are a No No.. they treat knives as weapons and will not ship it no matter what.
sojourn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #3165
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bought with knifeworks once. Beware their international policy. They give me lousy box because i think they believe i wont return them. And they only do express international. So sad my knives boxes all look so shabby.
worcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.