im looking to get the kershaw 1550

thanks in advance
daniele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #3872

hey all..question
are assisted opening knifes legal here?
im looking to get the kershaw 1550

thanks in advance
I suppose you are referring to the blackout?
If I'm not wrong, it has the same mechanism (speedsafe) as my kershaw shallot. Shouldn't be a problem I guess.
If you still don't feel convinced, then maybe you should pop an email to SPF Arms and Explosive department. It should be under the licensing email contact.
The blackout is a relatively good knife, but having handled a little more than a few knives now, I don't like it as much as before. I'm a little hooked on the axis lock I guess.
Sigmazxcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #3873

thanks, I'm happy there's free shipping. so many things I'd like to get.
the amazon global program that ships free to Singapore.... be careful..it seems need to use this page:
AmazonGlobal: International Shipping Made Easy
filter as International Shipping to be eligible..and only certain items are eligible it seems..

i keyed in Spyderco Persian, or Boker Gent, or CRKT Swindle and I get no results... ;-(

please teach me...
sojourn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #3874

I suppose you are referring to the blackout?
If I'm not wrong, it has the same mechanism (speedsafe) as my kershaw shallot. Shouldn't be a problem I guess.
If you still don't feel convinced, then maybe you should pop an email to SPF Arms and Explosive department. It should be under the licensing email contact.
The blackout is a relatively good knife, but having handled a little more than a few knives now, I don't like it as much as before. I'm a little hooked on the axis lock I guess.
pardon my ignorance
whats the email address?
helisiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #3875

Well. You ought to I guess. Improper packaging. Intl orders for such items ought to be packed in PVC tubes, not cardboard tubes.

Lesson learnt! Try comgateway next time and use their repacking service to save the heartache.

Anyone wanna buy stuffs, I can try to tompang and split shipping via comgateway. Need see how many items and how many people though. So far my wallet too dry to buy anything anymore.

Oh, and i saw a relatively decent deal on instagram.
Mint condition Brous Division Flipper for USD$300 shipped CONUS and insured.
Hands feeling a little itchy, but I shall curb my urge...
I'm thinking of some new blades next. Any nice cheap blades you guys recommend? I just bought a display box for my knives lately, gonna rig it up before I post pics. teehee!
yeah should have thought of that
Old 05-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #3876

pardon my ignorance
whats the email address?
Spf_licensing@spf.gov.sg
You gotta add "URGENT" ahead of your subject in the email. Otherwise they'd take donkey years to get back to you.

And regarding amazon global, only very few selected items are available for the free shipping. And knives aren't one of them. Maybe you can try some sharpening kits like edge pro or wicked edge. They are well over $125 and aren't controlled items do there's a chance you can strike a bargain there.

Anyone know about this knife called Olamic Bravado?
Old 05-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #3877

Hey, actually have you considered using comgateway?
I have like 4 orders with them now in my USA address. Total of about $150 there. Shipping individually would have cost me just about that much, but I'm trying a forwarder for a change. Expected payment is USD$27 for all packages, and receive in 3-5 days express. and their non-express 5-8 days is only $21!
HI Sigma
care to share whats the forwarder you are using?

I have prior bad experience from ComGateway who insisted that knives are classified as weapons and refused to forward them absolutely.

I have checked with another forwarder SHPITO and here is the reply i get :

Phi Tran replied:
Hello,
We apologize for the inconvenience however knives are considered to be weapons, so we are unable to ship them.

Regards,
Phi

SHPITO LLC

----------------------------------------
Original message:
I would like to purchase some knives from some sites like Knives at Knife Center and ship the items to Singapore.
Previously I have tried COMGATEWAY and they absolutely refused to forward the knives as they regard knives as weapons.

Please let me know if you are able to forward it?

THANKS

=========================
Old 05-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #3878

Yeah emailed them just now
thanks sigma
Old 05-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #3879

HI Sigma
care to share whats the forwarder you are using?

I have prior bad experience from ComGateway who insisted that knives are classified as weapons and refused to forward them absolutely.

I have checked with another forwarder SHPITO and here is the reply i get :

Phi Tran replied:
Hello,
We apologize for the inconvenience however knives are considered to be weapons, so we are unable to ship them.

Regards,
Phi

SHPITO LLC

----------------------------------------
Original message:
I would like to purchase some knives from some sites like Knives at Knife Center and ship the items to Singapore.
Previously I have tried COMGATEWAY and they absolutely refused to forward the knives as they regard knives as weapons.

Please let me know if you are able to forward it?

THANKS

=========================
Hey, I think I didn't make my message clear.
Comgateway does refuse to forward knives, and so do all other companies. Your only choice may well be paying the extra shipment costs for multiple packages.
If only FedEx offers such service...

My packages are all shipped to my address in Oregon USA, which comgateway will consolidate and send to me once I deem ready. None of the packages are knives.
Maybe I'll try to ship one over using comgateway someday. Perhaps if they label my item as a tool and not disclose the item specification or name.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #3880

Hey, I think I didn't make my message clear.
Comgateway does refuse to forward knives, and so do all other companies. Your only choice may well be paying the extra shipment costs for multiple packages.
If only FedEx offers such service...
Ok..got it..;-)

I normally order from sellers which are able to ship internationally.. sometimes they use USPS Priority, sometimes they use DHL or Fedex. but most are not so cheap.

I tried once before with another site (i remember it was shopblade.com)and they charge a token fee of USD7 and I checked with them later, they said there is some agreement with the USPS and they get a better rate or subsidise part of the shipping costs.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #3881

yes, I recall that's the problem with forwarders. These days, the $10 or 20 I save from consolidating and troubling a friend to help is not worth it. Just chalk it up as the cost of buying online. That's why I say that sometimes brick and mortar prices is not far from the cost of doing everything yourself.

I have been spending a lot of time (too much!) online looking at japanese knives - I want a nice yanagiba and gyuto/santoku. Too many options but I would really love to try a yanagiba (love chisel zero grinds), I can't wait for my kitchen to be done!

a nudge for my sale items:

Hinderer 3.5 non flipper CTS-XHP steel special b-blasted blade and handle (no longer offered except at lotteries in the US), mint condition. CTS-XHP is a much better steel than S35VN, and this one doesn't have the big lettering/markings on the blade as with the current Gen 4s. The sterile blade (except for steel designation) is IMO (as well as many collectors), nicer $1,150 cash and carry.

Spyderco Para 2, satin blade black G10, NIB. $220 cash and carry.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ge...l#post78485944

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by vespaguy; 06-08-2013 at 12:55 AM..
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #3882

National Day Special:
- Para 2 @ $200 firm cash and carry.
- special Hinderer xm18 3.5 bblast finish cts-xhp @ $1,130 firm cash and carry.
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #3883
Master Member

does anyone know if we can buy knives from amazon and ship them over as per normal?
firebrand83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #3884
Master Member

does anyone know if we can buy knives from amazon and ship them over as per normal?
If you can find sellers who ship international. Iirc there isnt any or much that are fulfilled by amazon and qualify for free shipping to singapore. I was looking to get the fiskar's hatchet once.. Forwarders dont accept knives as they are classified as weapons.
If on a budget, look at the chineses knives on exduct and the likes..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #3885
Master Member

If you can find sellers who ship international. Iirc there isnt any or much that are fulfilled by amazon and qualify for free shipping to singapore. I was looking to get the fiskar's hatchet once.. Forwarders dont accept knives as they are classified as weapons.
If on a budget, look at the chineses knives on exduct and the likes..
Feel like getting the kershaw blades from amazon. Will get detained at customs?

Last edited by firebrand83; 12-08-2013 at 03:36 PM..
firebrand83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.