Sent you PM! Sensitive issue bro...
grenharware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #392

pls pm me also thanks.
Old 14-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #393

i also thinking of getting one, where?
rambo_koh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #394

I was searching the net while cleaning and oiling my knives and bumped into this thread. Nice to know there are fellow collectors in Singapore. I'm mostly into folders, especially Spyderco. I don't have much of a collection but here are a few of them. Sorry for poor quality of pics, used my mobile phone.

Spyderco Impala (currently discontinued)

Spyderco White Collection (Sprint Run, 1200pcs)

Spyderco Manix (Sprint Run 600pcs) & Native Plain and Serr.

Spyderco Rookie (Sprint run 1200pcs), 1 more on the way to SG

Spyderco All Black Delica & Endura

Spyderco Pink Series Delica

Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #395

Victorinox Cadet (currenty discontinued) 3 more on the way to SG
A few more...

My pride and joy... Benchmade Skirmish (discontinued, 1st prod. 1000pcs)

My EDC, Kershaw "Needs Work"

Would love to see what you guys have in your stash...

Lonerider
Old 17-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #396
Arch-Supremacy Member

That kershaw one looks interesting... what lock is it?
Old 17-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #397

It's using a linerlock. Not my favourite type of lock but it does the job. The Skirmish has something similar but instead of a liner one side of the handle frame bends in to lock it (frame lock). The Kershaw was an impulse buy... Saw it was cheap so just grabbed it.
Old 20-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #398
Master Member

Hi Lonerider, nice collection of spydies.. I'm looking to get the tenacious. Any comments on these? Mind telling me where to get them?
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #399

Thanks for the compliments... Seriously this is a hobby that can leave you broke. I avoid keeping track of how much I spend. I think most guys are like that. If my wife knows she'll hang me by my b@lls! So I don't have exact prices. As a user the Tenacious is a great option for USD30. Spyderco has one of the best quality control and customer service in the industry.

The Tenacious is their only made in China knife that is under Spyderco brand, the other ones all bear the Byrd brand but the quality is still superb. The steel is a Chinese made steel and I've heard a lot of good things about it. Don't be deceived by online pics. That knife is HUGE! second only to my Manix which is one of their biggest model. Its a liner lock, I don't really like that as it is not so secure. Check youtube for the review video. There's 2 videos where the reviewer got cut badly by it. Not the knifes' fault lah, they were careless. All Spydercos comes out from the box razor sharp. I used to have a video of me shaving with one. The handle is G10, very grippy, feels a bit rubbery. If your hands are covered with blood or oil G10 is a good choice, avoid SS or aluminium, very slippery. Carbon fibre is somewhere in between but it does have the cool factor.

For the benefit of others... You dun need a permit to bring knives in, unless it's for selling or retail. eBay is a good place to buy, careful of online stores. KnifeWorks is a great site, recommended... Accept PayPal too. As long as its a legal knife it should come in fine... Go check online what that means, Some of my knives got stopped by custom so had to collect at Paya Lebar SingPost Centre. If its fixed blades you may need to collect from Cantonment A&E so I try to avoid buying them. If I need to rob a bank one day, a parang I can just buy locally but for this can of stuff its cheaper online. Sheares prices are for rich people. I can't afford them but maybe you can. I can't blame them since they got rental and such but sometimes really a bit too much.

Some of the knives are up for sale/trade or already sold. The pink one was traded for another knife. That's what I usually do when I dun have cash for new toys. The black blades are up for sale and reserved, also to fund new knife. Hope I dun get aeroplaned by buyer. Too "tacticool" for me lah black blades. Looks weird carrying it when I wear shirt and pants to work. Oh yeah, knives are good investments if you buy carefully. Safer than banks I feel... A good knife should appreciate around 10% per annum if you keep it well. Just make sure GF and wife don't know how much they cost.

To bro xxDragonXX PM replied... Please contact me thru PM, I need a Fenix to catch monkeys and fishing purposes.
Old 22-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #400
Supremacy Member

chopper can or not????
Old 22-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #401
High Supremacy Member

If you guys upgrade to collecting kitchen knives..... drop me a PM.... my boss like to bring in expensive and rare kitchen knives... now I got a 60cm tuna knife displayed in my office showroom.....

Recently just brought in these knives @ http://www.japanesechefsknife.com/JCKHattoriForums.html

I think they dun mass produce it.... but the damn knives are damn light and farking sharp.... you place the blade cut paper, then you can literally push the blade across the whole piece of paper easily..... and it cuts damn smoothly also...

Last edited by BlackWing1977; 22-02-2009 at 03:08 PM..
BlackWing1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #402
High Supremacy Member

chopper can or not????

Chopper you want ar?? Last year my company brought in a $900 SGD cleaver to sell to an knife enthusiastic who actually sell fried prawn noodles....

I wonder if he cuts his sotong and prawns using it....
BlackWing1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #403
High Supremacy Member

any one know is Spyderco Delica and Endura selling locally? how much?
thank.
cannotliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #404

I hope to get a gurkha knife..

My officer show us his.. He say when he was young a real gurkha gave to him one..
Is rusty but really cool..
ultimatewarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #405
Master Member

As a user the Tenacious is a great option for USD30. Spyderco has one of the best quality control and customer service in the industry.

The Tenacious is their only made in China knife that is under Spyderco brand, the other ones all bear the Byrd brand but the quality is still superb. The steel is a Chinese made steel and I've heard a lot of good things about it. Don't be deceived by online pics. That knife is HUGE! second only to my Manix which is one of their biggest model. Its a liner lock, I don't really like that as it is not so secure. Check youtube for the review video.
Yes! The tenacious seems like a good size knife. I initially got a boker subcom for field use. Since last reservist, I found out how shag it was with an inadequately size knife for field work.
It was great no less for simple cord work and shaving wood but lacking for everything else survival. I don't want a bigger fixed blade since my NS mates who carry them end up leaving them in the bunk locker due to the weight. The boker on the other hand adds on to the id tag without much weight and is useful for emergencies.

Now I'm hoping the tenacious in my outfield kit will fill the gap!

any one know is Spyderco Delica and Endura selling locally? how much? thank.
AFAIK, I've not seen any spydies in Singapore. Your best bet is online! I'm got an endura too! Nice knife that will go into my survival kit!
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.