HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #451
Arch-Supremacy Member

lol, sometimes you got to calculate if GST is cheaper than another 35USD shipment if over shot by abit still ok.. if not separate the shipment lor
according to my calculations, its either buy 2, or buy more than 4pcs then wu hua
Old 26-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #452
Arch-Supremacy Member

usd255 (S$400) is the limit.. but my sog seal pup elite is only usd75.. unless u ordering more than a few knives?
400 is the gst limit?

I tot it was 300
Old 26-02-2009, 11:41 PM   #453
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dunno yet leh... now the USD so gao... not essential item also mah
Old 27-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #454
Master Member

Dunno yet leh... now the USD so gao... not essential item also mah
Yes, high man! 1 USD to 1.54SGD average.. hopefully not too high when my bill comes..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #455

Dun forget that the shipping charges is included in the SGD400 limit k. Actually for some models it is worth it even if you are charged GST. You guys should wait a while... USD really at a high now. They'll still be around, if there is a discontinuation of models they'd have announced it already. Most SOGs, even if discontinued can still be found. Thinking of getting a Benchmade too but the high USD is making me think twice, but wait too long they might just disappear for good. Difficult decision. Anyone made any new purchases lately?
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #456
Great Supremacy Member

i wan buy one of those army one reh
can intro?
Old 28-02-2009, 03:32 AM   #457
Master Member

wait till 1.3? i ready to buy now but just no tom bang..

i am not a collector, so i dun mind paying an one off price as long as its still lower than getting locally.
Wait forever won't hit 1.3 one.. With the world economy pegged to USD and Singapore's economic expectation at an all time low, I doubt it will bounce up significantly.. so the difference for that 1-2 knife will only be a few dollars then and now.. no point waiting for our dollar to bounce up soon..

and yeah, as a user the few dollars saves you from wasting more money on an interim solution..

Dun forget that the shipping charges is included in the SGD400 limit k. Actually for some models it is worth it even if you are charged GST. You guys should wait a while... USD really at a high now. They'll still be around, if there is a discontinuation of models they'd have announced it already. Most SOGs, even if discontinued can still be found. Thinking of getting a Benchmade too but the high USD is making me think twice, but wait too long they might just disappear for good. Difficult decision. Anyone made any new purchases lately?
Well, for common blades waiting for price drop is logical.. I got a new orange griptilian.. no budget for a Doug Ritter RSK version of his survival knife though.. these seems to be snapped up pretty fast.. oh, and DealExtreme is selling a knife similar to the boker subcom.. bought one for fun at under 5USD.. The blade even has the same AUS 8 stamping as Boker!

i wan buy one of those army one reh
can intro?
Army? Army got so many? Which purpose are you talking about? The bayonet from BMT? The stiletto the CDO collect? The blue trainer knife for unarmed combat, the parang for bashing a track or the cleaver used by army field chefs (or whatever they call the CSS unit people who operate the mobile field kitchen)

You have to be specefic what is the purpose? Use or collect?

i am not a collector, so i dun mind paying an one off price as long as its still lower than getting locally.
Btw sooqing, are you in service? which jungle are you refering to? My last trip to a jungle, I needed strobe more than a knife the size of the seal pup so I never understoof the need for this size fixed blade. Unless you chopping wood to build life raft?

Last edited by viix; 28-02-2009 at 03:40 AM..
Old 28-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #458

Ya, the orange Grips are sweet and they're going really fast. It's a regular production model so I'm still waiting on those. This years' Benchmade catalogue is pretty dull. The only model that caught mt eye is the Barrage and the Orange Grips. IMO you're better off saving up for the RSK as they're better value as users and collectors. And yeah, the DX SUbcom knockoff caught my eye too but I already EDC something of a similar size on my keychain, a Spyderco Dragonfly.

Too many new models from Spyderco this year and that'll keep me busy for a while. Still saving up for another Skirmish and hopefully a Rukus. Sold off 2 Spydercos for other knives.

During lean times I'm looking for better deals and investments. A forummer also offered a Spyderco Kris at a good price... Too many knives, too little moolah. Hopefully I get the pay increase I'm expecting in 2 months time. Meanwhile I'll keep to cheaper alternatives (i.e. Victorinox) to keep the knife cravings at bay.

This month has been slow. Total is a Mini-Manix como edge (USD130, sheesh... should have bought them earlier), another Spyderco Rookie and 2 more Vic Cadets to complete the set of 6. It is difficult to keep my sights on the ones I want. Doing up a spreadsheet to keep track of my spending. I should be able to sell most of my lower end knives by the end of July. Life is too short to be using ugly knives.

When everyone get their blades in we should really think of meeting up for a knife "fondling" session. Would love to handle a few SOGs. The few times I did I din really like them a lot but that was a few years back, hoping to change my mind about them.

Last edited by Lonerider; 28-02-2009 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: typo
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #459
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone ordering from knifeworks?
LOL if you really want just wack lor

Ask father / mother for CC number
Old 05-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #460
Master Member

Alright! My order from knifeworks arrived.. was supposed to have arrived tuesday but got held up at customs till I just got it.. seems knifeworks got my address wrong..

Well, the shipping from knifeworks IS EXPENSIVE.. the bill came to 42.95 for 3 knives.
The cart only shows the base charge of 33.95 then add 4.5 for every pound of weight per knife.. which isn't reflected on checkout

no la, i riding on viix order.
u jio other ppl here make another order lo
Yo Vinn, your griptilian is here.. the exchange rate based on my CC bill is 1.568 so
(shipping/3+59.95) * 1.568 = SGD$116.30

according to my calculations, its either buy 2, or buy more than 4pcs then wu hua
Seems like now, buy lots of knives then WU HUA.. considering per knife is approx 4.5USD on top of the base shipping charge.. so it depends on pay GST or pay higher shipping

Last edited by viix; 05-03-2009 at 06:06 PM..
Old 05-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #461
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah how can not reflected... that means my calculations all wrong liao

anyway... wheres the peektures?

why address wrong... you typed wrong? you mean they tried to send to your house cannot then call u?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #462

i got alot knife collection.. i mean knife cuts and marks.. my wrist and my body..
B3nGzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #463
Master Member

Wah how can not reflected... that means my calculations all wrong liao

anyway... wheres the peektures?

why address wrong... you typed wrong? you mean they tried to send to your house cannot then call u?
peektures will take when weekend comes.. now alittle busy.. will try tying some paracord to it
they missed out the second line which was my unit number.. so I didn't check the tracking until yesterday and went down to find my package.. they didn't even bother to call even though the phone was plastered to the receipiant address..

Last edited by viix; 06-03-2009 at 02:04 AM..
Old 06-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #464
Great Supremacy Member

Alright! My order from knifeworks arrived.. was supposed to have arrived tuesday but got held up at customs till I just got it.. seems knifeworks got my address wrong..

Well, the shipping from knifeworks IS EXPENSIVE.. the bill came to 42.95 for 3 knives.
The cart only shows the base charge of 33.95 then add 4.5 for every pound of weight per knife.. which isn't reflected on checkout

Yo Vinn, your griptilian is here.. the exchange rate based on my CC bill is 1.568 so
(shipping/3+59.95) * 1.568 = SGD$116.30

Seems like now, buy lots of knives then WU HUA.. considering per knife is approx 4.5USD on top of the base shipping charge.. so it depends on pay GST or pay higher shipping
tank q boyish looking buttie for the tompang and meetup.

knn i hate meeting edmwers....make moi feel damn old

the 556 feels very comfy in my pocket, hardly felt it. light weight.
thumb stud works for me, heng din get the thumb hole version.
although it is a small knife at under 3", i still think it is too big for edc

disappointment:
the blade does not come as sharp as i expect it to be
and there is a little blade play ...wtf... gona tighten it...
Old 06-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #465
Arch-Supremacy Member

peektures will take when weekend comes.. now alittle busy.. will trying tying some paracord to it
they missed out the second line which was my unit number.. so I didn't check the tracking until yesterday and went down to find my package.. they didn't even bother to call even though the phone was plastered to the receipiant address..
eh than how you get it?

you called and ask them?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.