EDMW Knife Collectors

squarebox

Reaction score
PDW = Patrick Ma = was owner of TADgear. I'm surprised the fit is so different. What is the issue with the PDW shorts? i'm interested in getting a long pants - what is the pricepoint like, do you know? How are PDWs prices like by hornest? Tay should be getting them dirt cheap, so I hope the mark-ups are better than with TAD.

PDW shorts are strictly for local market only. They are only listed on PDW(SG) and not PDW(US). Perhaps the design with a collaboration. It's so poorly-designed...

Being priced at $139, it's day-light robbery. Unfortunately, I got robbed:s22: I guess I will stick to my TAD for now.

sojourn88

Reaction score
10177920_767716063246206_940745481343322305_n.jpg

sexy? haha..these body hugging shirts.. not when there is a big tyre beer belly in front.. not for me... I need to get it 2 sizes larger to hide the tummy...haha.

squarebox

Reaction score

It's just fear mongering imo. I would say 99.9% of the knives used in such cases are kitchen knives, penknife or box-cutter. I've yet to see a case where a "tactical" or "combat" knife was used.

And mindset is extremely important as well. If you've the mentality that knives are a weapon, in a moments of anger you will automatically use a knife as a weapon. If treat knives are proper tools, you will be far like inclined to use a knife as a weapon.

The seniors here will say back in their day, machetes/parangs are the top choice and not pansy penknives.

10177920_767716063246206_940745481343322305_n.jpg

sexy? haha..these body hugging shirts.. not when there is a big tyre beer belly in front.. not for me... I need to get it 2 sizes larger to hide the tummy...haha.

I wonder how it compares with 2XU or UnderArmour...

Last edited:

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's just fear mongering imo. I would say 99.9% of the knives used in such cases are kitchen knives, penknife or box-cutter. I've yet to see a case where a "tactical" or "combat" knife was used.

And mindset is extremely important as well. If you've the mentality that knives are a weapon, in a moments of anger you will automatically use a knife as a weapon. If treat knives are proper tools, you will be far like inclined to use a knife as a weapon.

The seniors here will say back in their day, machetes/parangs are the top choice and not pansy penknives.

I wonder how it compares with 2XU or UnderArmour...

Nvr had underarmor tshirt b4 so cant compare. For the price, its really worth the money for me!

PeasantNo18

Reaction score
Once ordered from knifeworks also. bad experience.

Shipping only using USPS express and they charge extra by 20%. Guess to earn from shipping also as a "service".

That is not the worst thing. Worst is they shipped me a second hand knife with the box using scotch tape wrapped. At first thought maybe only the box, then found out the knife itself has stains and dull. Cold steel knives always come sharpen loh! Recently I tried sharpening then found out it is slightly chipped in the front side of the knife...

So good luck!

Oh sh*t! I've just ordered Dendra Tiger Jump, Kershaw CQC-6K and a large Spyderpac from Knifeworks... :eek:

squarebox

Reaction score
Oh sh*t! I've just ordered Dendra Tiger Jump, Kershaw CQC-6K and a large Spyderpac from Knifeworks... :eek:

That's for direct purchase from them.
My order of Doug Ritter Grips through comgateway came perfect :s22:

Perhaps they only take care of their USA customers.

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's for direct purchase from them.
My order of Doug Ritter Grips through comgateway came perfect :s22:

Perhaps they only take care of their USA customers.

Yes. They dun even care about international sales.

I asked them about my issues and they shrug my comments saying its "normal". Some of these American shops do this. My last purchase with Kifaru also. At first I contact them as a international buyer, they took a while b4 replying me. Even so, they were reluctant to sell to me. Only when I used my brother in law who is a American that they became really friendly.

Their shops supports the troops in America unlike our Singapore shops...

quackerjack

Master Member
Reaction score
any recommendations for a small camping knife? for use locally & malaysia.. do you guys its possible to ship in from amazon?

squarebox

Reaction score
any recommendations for a small camping knife? for use locally & malaysia.. do you guys its possible to ship in from amazon?

Depending on how you definite "camp" knife... Chopping fire wood and etc?

Currently Surviveknives have great knives in stock. CPM 3V is one of the best steel in the market.

mamba2012

Reaction score
Anybody here own custom knives?:s22:

What are you grail knives!

Some collect customs, some collect productions.

Why not start the ball rolling first by showing a pic of your collection, introducing yourself abit first and telling us more abt ur grails etc?

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score

I would suggest the Kershaw camp 14. It is a 14" blade and it's really cheap. You'll need to explain to ICA at immigration your purpose etc. Technically, it is allowed to be imported but they may just cause you grief and you may miss your bus if you are taking public transport. I am looking at that since it is affordable and I can afford to drop and go if necessary. if you're looking for a smaller size, look at the condor machetes/goloks/barongs or the cold steel ones. They are value for money.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.