HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2009, 01:41 AM   #496
Master Member

darn, by the time i check my email for his reply.
GB closed.
wah, like that wait another month liao~
viix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:21 AM   #497
Great Supremacy Member

wah, like that wait another month liao~
ask u ah....
ur CC BOB include shipping from Miles is how much?
he said cant ship big bags leh, duno does it include BOB or not
Old 01-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #498
Banned

Hi,

ANy Bros here ordered from Knifeworks.com before?

I have a tracking number EH 518 919 340 US , but it shows something delievered from US to canada and it was in February.

Can anyone help? I have emailed Roger from Knifeworks.com liao.

Thanks in advance.
KouAnKyuuKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #499
Master Member

ask u ah....
ur CC BOB include shipping from Miles is how much?
he said cant ship big bags leh, duno does it include BOB or not
Oh, my BOB is ordered using my friend's credit card. I've only order from miles the widgy bars, peanut lighter, micro grappling hook and diplomat organiser for 10USD shipping and 5USD handling charge.. For my BOB, my friend has her billing and shipping address attached to her vpost account so she ordered for me direct from countycomm. I shipped 2 (XL and gen5) BOB for about 35SGD via vpost. Shipping from CountyComm to vpost was another 8USD. That was my first order from CC but paisay to trouble her again so I ordered from miles the other small items.

I tried using concierge services also but CountyComm doesn't allow shipping to addresses other than the credit cards billing address. You can go the the bank and ask them to change your billing address to a vpost address though, and not to send you CC bill via snail mail.. I know Citibank allows it but other banks I'm not too sure.

I'm sure it isn't cheap to ship large bags via USPS cheap. But you can try asking miles to forward the package to your vpost instead since registration @vpost is free.

Hi,

ANy Bros here ordered from Knifeworks.com before?

I have a tracking number EH518919340US , but it shows something delievered from US to canada and it was in February.

Can anyone help? I have emailed Roger from Knifeworks.com liao.

Thanks in advance.
Probably a typo.. just wait for a reply from roger.

Last edited by viix; 01-04-2009 at 02:37 PM..
Old 01-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #500
Banned

Oh, my BOB is ordered using my friend's credit card. I've only order from miles the widgy bars, peanut lighter, micro grappling hook and diplomat organiser for 10USD shipping and 5USD handling charge.. For my BOB, my friend has her billing and shipping address attached to her vpost account so she ordered for me direct from countycomm. I shipped 2 (XL and gen5) BOB for about 35SGD via vpost. Shipping from CountyComm to vpost was another 8USD. That was my first order from CC but paisay to trouble her again so I ordered from miles the other small items.

I tried using concierge services also but CountyComm doesn't allow shipping to addresses other than the credit cards billing address. You can go the the bank and ask them to change your billing address to a vpost address though, and not to send you CC bill via snail mail.. I know Citibank allows it but other banks I'm not too sure.

I'm sure it isn't cheap to ship large bags via USPS cheap. But you can try asking miles to forward the package to your vpost instead since registration @vpost is free.

So far no reply from Roger.

First time order from them got this type of error and respond is slow. A little bit scary because I have ordered other stuff online, but vendor never made this type of mistake .

Last edited by KouAnKyuuKa; 01-04-2009 at 08:58 PM..
Old 02-04-2009, 08:53 AM   #501
Banned

Below is the email I received from 'Roger' :

[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']From:[/FONT][FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'] Roger [mailto:Roger@knifeworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 1:42 AM
To: 'Kenzo Leong'
Subject: RE: Regarding Order#73813 [/FONT]

Ken

Someone put the wrong number on your order, tracking number below and it is shipping today and it will be tonight before the number will work.

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']EH 882 087 949 US [/FONT]

Roger

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm not sure if people in LA skip pleasantries or is 'Roger' too busy to type a 'Hi' or 'Kind Regards'. And definitely no apologies on the mixed-up.

I have read reviews that their customer service is supposed to be good.

So I will leave the judgment on service quality up to you.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #502
Master Member

I've ordered online so often.. most don't say hi or bye when they send messages like orders shipped, payment recieved etc.. so don't take it to heart.

Just XXXX, your order is shipped, tracking number XXXXXXXXX, from XXXX.. that's it.. I also don't bother.. As long as it arrives in good condition.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #503
Master Member

i thought got one bro ordered no problem with knifework, anyway please update here if your parcel arrive. thanks!
Yea, knifeworks should be no problem.. if you don't want any exotic knives, also can order from lighthound.com and shipped international flat rate @ 14.99 for 2-3 small knives too.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #504

Those who bought knives online before can give some advise please.

I am interested in buying some knives (Fixed blade/machete/throwing knife) online from knife depot (http://www.knife-depot.com) for collecting/camping purposes. But was afriad if they would be confisticated or blunted for whatever reasons.

Can any butties offer some advice on what to look out for when buying them online and how to aviod them being confisticated or blunted keeping in line of the legal guidelines.

Thanks in advance.
Pedobear_BTSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #505
Great Supremacy Member

tanks.
dun think i wana change my cc billing add to vpost.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #506
Banned

I've ordered online so often.. most don't say hi or bye when they send messages like orders shipped, payment recieved etc.. so don't take it to heart.

Just XXXX, your order is shipped, tracking number XXXXXXXXX, from XXXX.. that's it.. I also don't bother.. As long as it arrives in good condition.
Actually, I'm only not happy at their attitude as if they did no wrong in providing me a wrong tracking code and not even apologize about it.

But if my package arrives in good condition, I'm not going to bother.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #507
Master Member

I am interested in buying some knives (Fixed blade/machete/throwing knife) online from knife depot (http://www.knife-depot.com) for collecting/camping purposes. But was afriad if they would be confisticated or blunted for whatever reasons.

Can any butties offer some advice on what to look out for when buying them online and how to aviod them being confisticated or blunted keeping in line of the legal guidelines.

Thanks in advance.
fixed blade cannot be double edge, else will confiscate unless 1 side is blunted.
Machete/parang can buy only from shop and take down IC IIRC.. My colleague has them as props but is blunted one.. throwing knife is just any other knife can get online, just will depends on ICA happy or not to ask you go visit them..

Best to check with A&E@ cantonment..
Old 02-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #508
Banned

Thanks in advance.
I think you should look for knifes that are only sharpened on a single side, no automatics (like press button and blade comes out).

I think some bros have mentioned about certain length limits too.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #509

fixed blade cannot be double edge, else will confiscate unless 1 side is blunted.
Machete/parang can buy only from shop and take down IC IIRC.. My colleague has them as props but is blunted one.. throwing knife is just any other knife can get online, just will depends on ICA happy or not to ask you go visit them..

Best to check with A&E@ cantonment..
Thanks for the infomation, i tried to call them no one pick up. Very informative thanks.

I think you should look for knifes that are only sharpened on a single side, no automatics (like press button and blade comes out).

I think some bros have mentioned about certain length limits too.
Thanks. any butties know if specifics on length permitted?
Old 02-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #510

Any butties buy from knife depot (http://www.knife-depot.com) before? Most pple in this thread suggest knife works but recently seem got problems with roger from cust serv and mistakes etc.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.