HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #6676

Had an ao before. I think I grabbed it off caesars. My 2 cents is to avoid ao if possible. Mine spoilt quite quickly. Wasn't one of those high end ones, but certainly not worth the trouble. According to speculation, ao may be made illegal soon. Ur call.
AOs are legal here in sg?
sierraorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #6677

Oh then Black tactical is more expensive. Think its priced at $45.

Enlan - EL01 Folding Knife (G10)
One thing I like about Amazon is that they give pretty good info about the product on their site as well as customer reviews.
Old 17-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #6678

One thing I like about Amazon is that they give pretty good info about the product on their site as well as customer reviews.
Then you haven't seen the trolls on amazon review yet!
Many tears were shed : Amazon.com | HARIBO Teddy Bears 3kg reviews

Back on topic, anyone owns a Spyderco Manix XL? Planning to jump on one but I'm afraid it's to big for my hands.
Old 17-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #6679

Many tears were shed :

yeah, i personally like the reviews for the wenger giant knife

(copy and paste the links)

amazon.co.uk/Wenger-Giant-Swiss-Army-Knife/dp/B000R0JDSI

amazon.com/Wenger-16999-Swiss-Knife-Giant/dp/B001DZTJRQ

Last edited by mechwira; 17-06-2014 at 04:37 PM..
mechwira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #6680

AOs are legal here in sg?
I believe so since many dealers carry them
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #6681

Many tears were shed : Amazon.com | HARIBO Teddy Bears 3kg reviews

Back on topic, anyone owns a Spyderco Manix XL? Planning to jump on one but I'm afraid it's to big for my hands.
I ve a manix xl if u want to try out.. Pm me
sojourn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #6682

I believe so since many dealers carry them
Best .. then any reason why customs could possibly confiscate my Brawler? 3 1/4 inch blade.. AO folder :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005UE...&robot_redir=1
Old 17-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #6683

Best .. then any reason why customs could possibly confiscate my Brawler? 3 1/4 inch blade.. AO folder :

Kershaw 1990 Brawler Folding SpeedSafe Knife:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors
Are the 3 items in 1 package or separate. If separate then give them some time. Most likely they just doing their due diligence. Speedsafe AO should be alright. Dont think they have right to confiscate without informing u
Old 17-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #6684

Backup has arrived...

Once again Benchmade destroys what could be possibly a great knife. I've officially given up on Benchmade. More than 50% of the Benchmade I received failed basic visual inspection. Made in United.Sweatshops.of.America... Benchmade truly never fails to disappoint. Going straight back...

Nice weight and feel. G10 is super grippy like a <80 grit sandpaper which is to rough that it will tear any pocket is days... A real pity Benchmade QC is in the gutters...

Spyderco always impressing me for the price I paid. 3 for 3, good centering. Even the Endura came perfect!!!

Last edited by squarebox; 17-06-2014 at 10:10 PM..
squarebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #6685

Backup has arrived...

Once again Benchmade destroys what could be possibly a great knife. I've officially given up on Benchmade. More than 50% of the Benchmade I received failed basic visual inspection. Made in United.Sweatshops.of.America... Benchmade truly never fails to disappoint. Going straight back...

Nice weight and feel. G10 is super grippy like a 80 grit sandpaper. A real pity Benchmade QC is in the gutters...

Spyderco always impressing me for the price I paid. 3 for 3, good centering. Even the Endura came perfect!!!
Oh **** lools like a kink at the blade tip. These from which supplier not knifeworks i hope? Sending back another hassle and huge cost
Old 17-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #6686

Oh **** lools like a kink at the blade tip. These from which supplier not knifeworks i hope? Sending back another hassle and huge cost
The tip is not too irritating as I regrind my users but what irritates me more it's the knife is so badly off-centered that it's scratching the liners/scales.

Nah, will never buy from Knifeworks directly.

Shipping back is often cheap <$15. I only find it a hassle because of the post office operating hours...

Back on topic:

Any Portal 2 fans?

Last edited by squarebox; 17-06-2014 at 09:37 PM..
Old 17-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #6687

Heng my cheapo Kershaws are nicely aligned to center..
Old 17-06-2014, 10:38 PM   #6688

Heng my cheapo Kershaws are nicely aligned to center..
Spyderco and Kai(Zero Tolerance & Kershaw) have one of the best QC in the market. Even my cheapo OD-2 have good QC.

If only Kershaw used VG-10 as their default steel, they would have all my monies. 8CR13MOV is too soft and the steel gets hot easily from my experience. Only good as a letter opener...

Last edited by squarebox; 17-06-2014 at 10:52 PM..
Old 18-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #6689

what's 'portal 2'?

my recent spydercos have terribly off-centered blades and less than sharp edges. Maybe I received lemons. I used to be super anal, but these days, if it's a little off-centered, I'll just use it. If there is a blade rub, then it's going back. The problem for us is the to and fro shipping. Does spyderco or dealer pay for the return (from SIN-US-SIN) shipping? Benchmade pays for US-SIN. Other dealers have not offered me that altho in the US, nobody pays for the shipping. What are your experiences?

I've been looking at post Blade videos, and the one knife I really want is the ZT0392 hinderer collab 'Eclipse'. With KVT bearings and a flipper, what's not to like?

I need to use my blades more to get the most of the cost.
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #6690

Portal 2 is a first person view puzzle game.

Slightly off centered is fine to me as well simply because I tend to use my knives. Blade rub get on my nerves, this is just simply visual inspection. You dont even need a magnifying glass to see it... 3 of 8 of my benchmades can rub out of the box regarding of I'm paying $70 or $340. Hell, some of my Spyderco are off-centered but never near the scales or even close enough to rub when opening...

X2 on the ZT0392. Simply a MUST BUY!

[SIC] ZT0801 is finally back in STOCK @ ->Knifecenter<-!!!
Grab one before it's out of stock! Ordered myself a second piece. Simply an awesome knife!

Last edited by squarebox; 18-06-2014 at 10:30 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.