HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #6811

1 pc for imm delivery totally brand new ZT0801 at SGD248. PM me if keen.

soooooooooooooo tempting.............
vespaguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 11:56 PM   #6812

Are you getting in the copperhead?
alantcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #6813

Are you getting in the copperhead?
I am surprised at the beauty of zt0801 and its useability and simplicity... If u know how to mod the handle and control the anodizing process it can be a very unique piece. This piece still available for sale!
Copperhead out of my budget..ha..
vespaguy likes this.

Last edited by sojourn88; 23-07-2014 at 01:28 PM..
sojourn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #6814

Browsing knifecenter, anyone knows which type of knifes are not allowed to be shipped in singapore?
Vanagloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #6815

Browsing knifecenter, anyone knows which type of knifes are not allowed to be shipped in singapore?
No automatics or balisongs. Try to avoid assisted opening to be safe. Manual flippers/thumbstud operated knives are fine.
mamba2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 08:55 PM   #6816

No automatics or balisongs. Try to avoid assisted opening to be safe. Manual flippers/thumbstud operated knives are fine.
How about fixed blades knife?
Old 24-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #6817

How about fixed blades knife?
Fixies are okay. But u may wanna ask the others as well. I don't think there is a length restriction... But I may be wrong
Old 24-07-2014, 09:07 PM   #6818

Fixies are okay. But u may wanna ask the others as well. I don't think there is a length restriction... But I may be wrong
I see, thanks!

Any people here have recommendations?
Old 25-07-2014, 09:27 AM   #6819

i think anyone thinking of buying/collecting knives should themselves familiarize with what SPF says. all it needs is a simple google search and you should easily find that document from SPF.

and on that note, double-edged blades are also not allowed. SPF refers to these as 'daggers' or 'stilettos'.
mechwira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #6820

i think anyone thinking of buying/collecting knives should themselves familiarize with what SPF says. all it needs is a simple google search and you should easily find that document from SPF.

and on that note, double-edged blades are also not allowed. SPF refers to these as 'daggers' or 'stilettos'.
Ahh, i forgot about daggers... Haha... Thanks for the additional info
Old 25-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #6821

please search this forum too. I've posted the SPF list 3 times since I joined . Too bad we can't put a sticky. Then store the link in your favourites. The next time someone stops your package at the post office or immigration - you show them the link if yours is one of those under 'not prohibited/not requiring a licence'

in general: fixed blades, folders, agricultural tools and khuks are fine. daggers, balisongs, autos, gravity knives, propelled knives, double edged, spearguns, CO2 knives, throwing knives (doubled edged), trench knives, cane swords are not. Some items like swords, keris, spears etc require licences/permits. Assisted opening is ok for now, but rumour has it that they may be prohibited in future - it's grey for now as local dealers still sell them. I dislike assisted openers anyway.

but really, look at the SPF document - that's your source. And when in doubt, you can check with SPF too.

Last edited by vespaguy; 25-07-2014 at 01:19 PM..
Old 25-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #6822

I see, thanks!

Any people here have recommendations?
what are you looking for, budget and purpose? that would help narrow down the search.

there are knives in every budget. there are steels which are optimised for every application. there are designs to suit the most finicky of tastes

I've been collecting scandinavian designs recently - puukkos and I'm going to get myself a leuku. If you like puukkos, drop me a PM - I have maybe one or two I might let go, but these are customs - they're really nice but aren't at production prices - still reasonable though. Still, if you like nice woods, leather sheaths and dont mind NOT having CPM3V in your fixed blades (private joke), you should certainly consider them.

I think some of the boys here are experts in the latest production folders. yet others are experts in custom folders and the latest trends.
Old 25-07-2014, 05:10 PM   #6823

Ahh, i forgot about daggers... Haha... Thanks for the additional info
please search this forum too. I've posted the SPF list 3 times since I joined . Too bad we can't put a sticky. Then store the link in your favourites. The next time someone stops your package at the post office or immigration - you show them the link if yours is one of those under 'not prohibited/not requiring a licence'

in general: fixed blades, folders, agricultural tools and khuks are fine. daggers, balisongs, autos, gravity knives, propelled knives, double edged, spearguns, CO2 knives, throwing knives (doubled edged), trench knives, cane swords are not. Some items like swords, keris, spears etc require licences/permits. Assisted opening is ok for now, but rumour has it that they may be prohibited in future - it's grey for now as local dealers still sell them. I dislike assisted openers anyway.

but really, look at the SPF document - that's your source. And when in doubt, you can check with SPF too.
Thanks for all the helpful info, sure would take a look.
Been only browsing from local websites, so kind of unsure of what is allowed or whats not when buying from overseas.

Anyway thanks for all the helpful info, will sure go take a look
Old 25-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #6824

what are you looking for, budget and purpose? that would help narrow down the search.

there are knives in every budget. there are steels which are optimised for every application. there are designs to suit the most finicky of tastes

I've been collecting scandinavian designs recently - puukkos and I'm going to get myself a leuku. If you like puukkos, drop me a PM - I have maybe one or two I might let go, but these are customs - they're really nice but aren't at production prices - still reasonable though. Still, if you like nice woods, leather sheaths and dont mind NOT having CPM3V in your fixed blades (private joke), you should certainly consider them.

I think some of the boys here are experts in the latest production folders. yet others are experts in custom folders and the latest trends.
By custom, do you mean custom made knives?

My budget probably would be kind of at the low side, not rich
Don't really have a purpose though, perhaps just collecting or knives that are easy to carry around. I am a sucker for looks and design though, its definitely the first thing i look for
Old 25-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #6825
Arch-Supremacy Member

if u are looking to collect fixed blades, we diff into two kinds.

one is u buy a knife capable of using for survival. another is u buy because it looks cool. either kind still not much chance to use anyway.

and plz, dun bring ur knives in camp. will kena confiscated.
worcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.