EDMW Knife Collectors

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
With Ramadhan about to end, and Hari Raya Aidil Fitri coming up, here's Uncle Vespa's last try to sell his mighty Big Chris bolo to a fellow knifeknut.

Priced very reasonably at only $sold cash and carry for such a big chopper in a premium steel - CPM3V, one would hope that someone can really put it to good use (the sale proceeds will definitely be put to good use).

image_zpspfd51eeg.jpeg

image_zpse53ecxtn.jpeg

And you also have the option of buying the ZT0562CF with M390 steel (limited run before they switched steels) for only $350 if you buy the above bolo. Otherwise, the ZT0562CF M390 is $sold. (knife is the largest folder in the pic below).

image_zpsck4jxag3.jpeg

Thanks for looking. Time to enjoy nature.

Last edited:

Slayer1

Master Member
Reaction score
this is quite nice with lots of accents. This is the folder you mentioned sometime back yes? An IG maker? can you share DIMs, steel, materials, action, fit and finish, waiting time etc?

congrats on your lovely folder. your choice of damascus really complements the carbon fibre as well. good eye.

Hi vespaguy,

Thank you for your kind words and yes, this was the folder i mentioned a few months back and he does his work in IG.
These are some of the specs :
Show side : Unidirectional marbled carbon fibe with white shamrock timascus inlay.
Frame Lock side : Orange peel polished titanium.
Packet clip : shamrock timascus.
Backspacer : backspacer timascus.
Blade : Devin Thomas Stainless high contrast reptilian damascus AEB-L/304
Handle is 4" and the blade is about 3.25' and overall length about 7.5"
Hardware : titanium.
Waiting time is about 5months.

S1

elingtey

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone ship Cold Steel SRK fix blade knife from Amazon seller before? Will it have any issue?

anvil_den

Reaction score
My custom folder. Its on the way now.

119tlog.jpg

S1

This is nicely done... Blade shape isn't my cuppa but guess that is individual preference. But I like the tricked out look with timascus in the right places.. Like mini skirt, just enough to tease but doesn't need to cover everything :)
The CF is really nice too... made even better by pairing it with this damascus. Enjoy your new knife :)

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a victorinox SAK with the Singapore Police Force logo on the nylon handle. It's a gift for a friend. If you would like to part with it or know someone who might have an extra and don't mind letting me have it, it'll be much appreciated.

It's not the SAF bantam, although it looks like it I think. I only have seen a picture of it and it was issued free 3 or 4 years ago.

Looking to get 2 bantams, if any of you guys are not using up your quota(s).

Thanks

Last edited:

nitecrawler

Reaction score
how to import a hunting knife into singapore

how to import a hunting knife bought from alibaba into singapore, its a collectore kinfe.

garrytew2000@gmail.com

Reaction score
I am selling a Byrd Cara Cara2 (new with box) for 45SGD,is anyone interested? Pm me @ 86130017 if interested.(serious buyers only)SG ONLY

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
rant mode:

some people have no manners or understand what respect is. If you ask for help or advice, acknowledge it. Ask nicely, be polite. Say thank you when appropriate. Pay it forward.

when you make a deal, honour it. Don't come up with cockamamie excuses. Don't act like a big swinging whale and then back out like a chicken. if you are polite and reasonable, there's no reason the other person will not accommodate you backing out. If you were cocky, then that's another story.

when you make an appointment, keep it or inform the other person if you will be late or have to reschedule - then follow up. Nobody is standing by for you if you're not a family or friend. Do it once, it may be excused. Do it several times, please bugger off.

I am an old man and I have old school philosophy. Maybe poor manners is a hipster thing, or, a trendy thing, or a toughguy thing, I don't know. But Uncle Vespa does not like it:slant:

rant off.

DrSheldonCooper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new here. Have a few SAKs and a stiletto but that's about it.

First off, nice pics of your knives! I would like to start collecting a couple myself. May I know what are some good sites where you guys import from? I actually bought an SOG folding knife from Sheares for one of my friend's birthday recently. Was very tempted to get one for myself as well but I thought that there would be better value online.

Probably start with something simple, probably under $50 if it's possible.

Hope you guys can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

mamba2012

Reaction score

First off, nice pics of your knives! I would like to start collecting a couple myself. May I know what are some good sites where you guys import from? I actually bought an SOG folding knife from Sheares for one of my friend's birthday recently. Was very tempted to get one for myself as well but I thought that there would be better value online.

Thanks!

Hi there, to answer your question, nobody here really talks about where we buy knives anymore. There are a few distributors here who are very unhappy about potential customers sourcing cheaper knives. When sites were posted here, they would send out letters to the shops/disributors/manufacturers to let them know that Singaporeans were sourcing their knives cheaper and thus, negatively affecting their business.

People want cheap things nowadays and the brick and mortar stores have seen their profit margins take a beating from locals sourcing globally.

This matter has been discussed here time and again and we're simply flogging a dead horse now.

With some local shops charging exorbitantly high margins and giving sh*t customer service, it is really no wonder that people shop local, buy global. It is what it is. I don't mind paying a bit more if customer service is good, but in my experience, that has seldom been the case.

So I'm afraid you're on your own in this matter. You might want to consider buying locally for knives about 50 bucks as shipping from overseas generally costs about that. You can't get knives from overseas cheaper for that price range. If we are talking knives in the couple hundred to thousands of dollars range, then buying globally might be more sensible.

That being said, local distributors need to earn a living as well.

Nobody here owes anybody anything, and the lack of any manners whatsoever by some people asking questions is simply quite a turn-off. We'll simply ignore the rude buggers.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

aliexpress or daobao. you can get 440C or if you add another $30, you can get D2.

widget

Reaction score
As Uncle Vespa suggested, for below S$50, you can start with PRC knife from AE, DHGate, Gearbest, Fasttech, eBay, etc.
Stay away from fake Chinese knives, but instead go for budget brands like Ganzo, Enlan, Sanrenmu, among others.
These knives, especially Ganzo, tend to copy the designs of well known knives from Spyderco, Benchmade, LionSteel, etc, so if you like the feel of the wannabe knife in your hand, you might want to get the real McCoy in the future

jazzwave

Reaction score
Folding knive showroom

Hi,
I'm planning to add my EDC collection, thinking to have Zero Tolerance 0801(ELMAX).
Please recommend me showroom who sell Zero Tolerance knive.
I prefer showroom rather than online, I can hold and feel handle of the knive.

thanks
~ron~

Last edited:

widget

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm planning to add my EDC collection, thinking to have Zero Tolerance 0801(ELMAX).
Please recommend me showroom who sell Zero Tolerance knive.
I prefer showroom rather than online, I can hold and feel handle of the knive.

thanks
~ron~

Check with Sheares near Little India MRT if they have ZT 0801 on display.
I believed ZT replaces all Elmax blade with S35VN since beginning of this year, so check also if Sheares stock is Elmax or S35VN steel

Last edited:

fishcake2005

Reaction score
I am selling a Shirogorov F95 with CF inlay, M390 blade (mint with box/paper) for 999SGD, anyone interested?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.