HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #676
Master Member

You sure? Cos he quoted my reply... Nevermind, lets get back on topic. My new knive is coming tomorrow! Stay tuned for pics... From my lousy camera phone again. Sigh...
Looking forward to your peektures!! And your camera phone is in no way lousier than my old skool 256k color phone..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #677
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sorry you took offence bro... I don't think I mentioned anything about those Kasumi stones. Heck I have not the slightest interest in those. A Japanese stone is a Japanese stone to me. I'm ignorant on such things. All I wanted was to know the results that you got using them because if they are good I may consider getting one too. In no way am I questioning your choice and please keep your contribution coming. Small issues should not get in the way of good discussion. There is a lot that we can learn from each other. I'm learning new things everyday too.

edit: If any part of my post was offensive to you I apologise.
It's not about you that I am ranting about.

It's the certain 'sales-person' that I am talking about.

Anyway, I won't stab him with any knives I have because a knife to me, is sacred, unless it is really a defensive situation. I really do hate the idea of soiling my knives with his blood or anyone's for that matter.

Also, one should be responsible when they carry EDCs around. Using it unnecessarily will only bring trouble.

Contribution is pointless as we can see. Quite frankly, I really dunno what is wrong with that idiot with me shipping in my stones, rather than buying it from him. Cheaper in price means quality assured?

At least the stones I'm buying has reviews, people have used it before and said they are working as intended. I know those Kasumi can work , but will it be up to expectation in terms of finesse, no one can really say for sure.

But, in terms of cost, the kasumi are more expensive in reality as they are combination stones, and if they do cut as well as King and Kitayama, they will not last long. Really depends on usage and pressure. The low grit ones may be the first to go. Pressure and heavy usage are mainly on this combination block.

After getting the edge, one will need to take into consideration of 'flattening' the low grit stone, so extra material are removed.

However, what I have all said are not true. Please do not believe a single word I say.
Old 30-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #678
High Supremacy Member

It's not about you that I am ranting about.

It's the certain 'sales-person' that I am talking about.

Anyway, I won't stab him with any knives I have because a knife to me, is sacred, unless it is really a defensive situation. I really do hate the idea of soiling my knives with his blood or anyone's for that matter.

Also, one should be responsible when they carry EDCs around. Using it unnecessarily will only bring trouble.

Contribution is pointless as we can see. Quite frankly, I really dunno what is wrong with that idiot with me shipping in my stones, rather than buying it from him. Cheaper in price means quality assured?

At least the stones I'm buying has reviews, people have used it before and said they are working as intended. I know those Kasumi can work , but will it be up to expectation in terms of finesse, no one can really say for sure.

But, in terms of cost, the kasumi are more expensive in reality as they are combination stones, and if they do cut as well as King and Kitayama, they will not last long. Really depends on usage and pressure. The low grit ones may be the first to go. Pressure and heavy usage are mainly on this combination block.

After getting the edge, one will need to take into consideration of 'flattening' the low grit stone, so extra material are removed.

However, what I have all said are not true. Please do not believe a single word I say.
What with the names calling??
BlackWing1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #679
Supremacy Member

my humble collection

Wow! Is that an original Emerson CQC7? Those must be really expensive!! How much did you pay for that?
InvestmentJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 01:32 PM   #680
Supremacy Member

this one counted anot huh
Nice! I've always wanted one of this! Sykes Fairbairn right? Is it a special edition collector's model?
Old 30-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #681
Supremacy Member

Well, he can always ask to see our freshly sharpened knives provided the customers have not collect them, and I can demo cutting a piece of paper also....... my boss uses all those stones to sharpen all knives by hand.....

A lot of time, I think it is not just the stones, it is more like the techniques and experience of sharpening knives, and of course the steel of the knife edge.
Hey BlackWing, are you a Japanese chef? Do you know how to say slice an entire fish up into sashimi?

Can teach?
Old 30-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #682
High Supremacy Member

Hey BlackWing, are you a Japanese chef? Do you know how to say slice an entire fish up into sashimi?

Can teach?
Nope not a chef.....
Old 30-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #683
Supremacy Member

Nope not a chef.....
Haiya...you got friends or not? hehe...

It's always been my dream to learn how to sashimi fish leh, then I can go fishing and whatever I catch can straightaway sashimi and eat on the spot...oishi!!
Old 30-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #684
Supremacy Member

Share share some of my favourite knives. Have some more but they're in boxes in storeroom too lazy to go take out.

Benchmade AFCK I bought donkey years ago. I love the thin blade, smooth opening and quality of this knife. The coating is also very durable. Blade steel is ATS-34.

Old 30-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #685

Just to check, isit legal to bring in sword to singapore one huh?

Those TV show "七星宝剑“ ?
Old 30-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #686
Supremacy Member

Does anyone recognise this knife?

Old 30-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #687
Supremacy Member

A custom piece from Daniel Winkler

Old 30-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #688
High Supremacy Member

Haiya...you got friends or not? hehe...

It's always been my dream to learn how to sashimi fish leh, then I can go fishing and whatever I catch can straightaway sashimi and eat on the spot...oishi!!
Go work in those Japanese restaurant lor.....
Old 30-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #689

Share share some of my favourite knives. Have some more but they're in boxes in storeroom too lazy to go take out.

Benchmade AFCK I bought donkey years ago. I love the thin blade, smooth opening and quality of this knife. The coating is also very durable. Blade steel is ATS-34.

Sweet knife... Haven't seen those in a while... The knife that started the Spyderco-Benchmade controversy. The ATS-34 seems to be holding up very well. Is it chisel or v-ground?
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #690

Talking

Is this the one in Predator? Used by the Red Indian?

Does anyone recognise this knife?

saIIa6ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.