Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2014, 05:27 PM   #7411
High Supremacy Member

Hi All

Beside
Knifecenter (pissed me because knife got scratch but they act blur never reply),
knifeworks (poor review mentioned from other forum - haven't try), Knifesupply (email them enquiries no reply- this already shows no support), ebay, amazon.. Any other direct knife online shop to go for that ship to SG?

Thanks
this thread old post also got bad feedback about knifeworks. seems like they like to take advantages of overseas buyers.
cannotliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #7412

this thread old post also got bad feedback about knifeworks. seems like they like to take advantages of overseas buyers.
Overseas buyers are typically at the short end of the stick. It costs too much to ship and re ship so most sellers try and avoid going the extra mile. Plus overseas buyers cannot avail themselves to local consumer laws and are less likely to dispute in public. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. Especially when you're loking for bargain basement prices. I have stuck with the standard dealers and there's been a percentage of lemons as well.
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 06:21 PM   #7413

Hi

Thanks guys for the assist to help me crave it with wider knowledge.

Btw, I have done polishing the 801 one side after diamond polish the scratches. most probably has to take out the whole elmax blade. doing bit by bit (patience), otherwise ruin this hot model.

No choice to turn into a project piece. Eyesore to see the unusual scratch (not user scratch loh)
hobcraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #7414

Hi

Thanks guys for the assist to help me crave it with wider knowledge.

Btw, I have done polishing the 801 one side after diamond polish the scratches. most probably has to take out the whole elmax blade. doing bit by bit (patience), otherwise ruin this hot model.

No choice to turn into a project piece. Eyesore to see the unusual scratch (not user scratch loh)
Got pic? Stonewashed finish still shows the scratch?
Old 26-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #7415

Got pic? Stonewashed finish still shows the scratch?
Bro PM me your hp to whats app... Not enough pot count lah...

The stone wash actually is like a coat, it can push polished away. What showed out is actually polished micro dimples surfaces. Don't seems like grind it down to shape. I suspect its molded out.

I will not grind myself. no Skill. may hurt the heat treatment.
hobcraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 10:04 AM   #7416
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bro PM me your hp to whats app... Not enough pot count lah...

The stone wash actually is like a coat, it can push polished away. What showed out is actually polished micro dimples surfaces. Don't seems like grind it down to shape. I suspect its molded out.

I will not grind myself. no Skill. may hurt the heat treatment.
You mean worry will temper the steel?

I dun see hurt wat heat treatment. you not going to run it super hot also mah...
worcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #7417

I ordered the Reate Hills on 24-Nov and received it today. It's actually pretty nice, the action is very smooth, although I'm not sure if the strong-ish detent has anything to do with it. But I can easily shake the knife close after disengaging the framelock (which as a steel insert) if that's any indication. Fit and finish is nice too!

vespaguy likes this.
phrozact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2014, 09:57 PM   #7418

Great pics, looks good. Where did you order from and how much? I wish that model had m390 as a blade steel! ��
Old 29-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #7419

Great pics, looks good. Where did you order from and how much? I wish that model had m390 as a blade steel! ��
Thanks! I think you can have it customised to a limited extent, choosing blade steel might not be an option but no harm asking I guess. From what I've seen you can request for specific colour anodizing at least.

With regards to ordering, I reached out to sales@reateknives.com, paid USD 205 via PayPal which includes PayPal charges and shipping.
phrozact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #7420

thanks. Yeah, I shall send a note to David. I want M390
Old 30-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #7421

As part of my Xmas fund raising, I'm listing this Stuart Harvey Puukko is up for sale. It has a true scandi ground 'smashed' ball bearing damascus blade and mammoth ivory collar + brown mallee handle. Stuart refinished the knife and made an awesome brand new leather sheath with his beautiful pearl stitching that gives a nice click when the knife is inserted. This needs a new home. The knife is presently with Stuart and the pics are courtesy of him.

I'm pricing it very reasonably at only SGD350 or USD265 shipped to you, paypal nett of fees. This is a true custom handmade knife.

Last edited by vespaguy; 01-12-2014 at 07:49 AM..
Old 30-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #7422

thanks. Yeah, I shall send a note to David. I want M390
Hey Vespa, mind letting me know if he does it in M390? I asked him a month ago but he mentioned that they only produce the "hills" version in S35VN for now. Thanks!
sublimedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #7423

ok, I will post here. Maybe if there is more interest, David might do it.
Old 30-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #7424
Great Supremacy Member

Amazon doesn't really sell fixed knives oversea. Middleman shipper doesn't ship knives too.

Ebay is way too dangerous to buy knives too, as they will not be covered .

Knifecenter is still the best. Urbantoolhaus can be great like black tactical(more expensive by 10-30%), as they are local.

You see the amazon prices and wan to try them? Dun regret, as their prices plus shipping almost add about the same.
U search for blades,there are some fixed knifes which Amazon ships to SG, somemore over $125 it's FSS. But I never try b4

Anyone tried ?
slowstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #7425
Arch-Supremacy Member

U search for blades,there are some fixed knifes which Amazon ships to SG, somemore over $125 it's FSS. But I never try b4

Anyone tried ?
TRied... cant shipped in.
worcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.