HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #7471

Bikers vs hikers lol. I've been on both sides. Not enough good trails, that's the problem. And too many illegal trails. You're right on the money on bamboo. It should be a sustainable resource but most of it fringes mindef areas!
Some birdie tweeted to me that SAF grounds maybe open to on condition that there must be at least 1 regular with those going in. Sounds kinda weird if u ask me... still checking on how true that is.
anvil_den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 07:19 AM   #7472

Up.....with availability....
timber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #7473

Some stuffs to go:
1. Nocturnal Fixed Blades - Tanto Yeti (Full Black) and OBR (Full Camo)
2. Strider SA Full Titanium - One and only (Custom)
3. Strider Folder SMF - Gun Scale
4. Spartan Blades
5. Surefire Delta Folder
6. Crusader Forge both Folder and Fixed Blade

All are new and never carried. Comes as original boxes if available.

Msg me at 85005360 for images as I got too low count to post images.
Up.....still waiting for buyers....
Old 14-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #7474

Some birdie tweeted to me that SAF grounds maybe open to on condition that there must be at least 1 regular with those going in. Sounds kinda weird if u ask me... still checking on how true that is.
the many durian pickers I see during the season at Seletar and Mandai could be regulars

Good Sunday Morning, knifefolks!
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #7475

Zwear is like m390 lah. For smaller knives.
Zwear is non stainless steel, usually compared with likes of 3v, pd1, cruwear...
M390 supposed to be a good stainless and compared with 20cv, cts-204p instead...

Anyway zwear is touted by german manufacturer to be tougher and better edge holding then 3v at same HRC... Shd be trustworthy info since germans are good in industrial stuff. It probably didnt gain much traction as most makers are american or the steel itself is expensive as its > 3x the cost of pd1 or 3v ...
chengkhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #7476
Arch-Supremacy Member

Zwear is non stainless steel, usually compared with likes of 3v, pd1, cruwear...
M390 supposed to be a good stainless and compared with 20cv, cts-204p instead...

Anyway zwear is touted by german manufacturer to be tougher and better edge holding then 3v at same HRC... Shd be trustworthy info since germans are good in industrial stuff. It probably didnt gain much traction as most makers are american or the steel itself is expensive as its > 3x the cost of pd1 or 3v ...
Zwear is better at higher hardness HRC than 3V lah. Zwear is more like CPM M4.

When comparing toughness, at 58HRC cpm 3V still wins hand down. Zwear is more a better wear resistance and good toughness. Really good for 5-7" knives. But if u wan to compare ultimate toughness and cheap steel, CPM 3V still best for hacking and good wear resistance.
timber2 likes this.
worcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #7477

Zwear is better at higher hardness HRC than 3V lah. Zwear is more like CPM M4.

When comparing toughness, at 58HRC cpm 3V still wins hand down. Zwear is more a better wear resistance and good toughness. Really good for 5-7" knives. But if u wan to compare ultimate toughness and cheap steel, CPM 3V still best for hacking and good wear resistance.
agree with you that 3v is tougher than zwear at 58 hrc and also cheaper, from 60hrc onwards, zwear beats 3v according to paper ... but most makers takes 3v to 60-62 hrc also so wouldn't zwear be a better option at that level ?

I am not including cost in this since 3v beats zwear hands down. if cost was a factor, overall is 3v the best still.
alantcy likes this.
chengkhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #7478

Some stuffs to go:
1. Nocturnal Fixed Blades - Tanto Yeti (Full Black) and OBR (Full Camo)
2. Strider SA Full Titanium - One and only (Custom)
3. Strider Folder SMF - Gun Scale
4. Spartan Blades
5. Surefire Delta Folder
6. Crusader Forge both Folder and Fixed Blade

All are new and never carried. Comes as original boxes if available.

Msg me at 85005360 for images as I got too low count to post images.
Waiting to off load ASAP.....Any Takers?

Last edited by timber2; 16-12-2014 at 03:32 PM..
Old 17-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #7479

Hi, newbie knife collector.

Anybody can recommend me an online store which ships to singapore the standard knife brands like cold steel, spyderco, kershaw etc for a good price.

I used to buy some knifes from amazon but it seems that they discontinued shipping it to singapore for some odd reason.

Im still looking to purchase the spyderco endura 4, cold steel recon 1 and the spyderco paramilitary 2.
crapp0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 10:49 AM   #7480

Any advice on sharpening? Just bought a dragonfly 2 but realised i have neither the equipment nor the knowledge to sharpen it up
lostLore85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #7481

Hi, newbie knife collector.

Anybody can recommend me an online store which ships to singapore the standard knife brands like cold steel, spyderco, kershaw etc for a good price.

I used to buy some knifes from amazon but it seems that they discontinued shipping it to singapore for some odd reason.

Im still looking to purchase the spyderco endura 4, cold steel recon 1 and the spyderco paramilitary 2.
Take a look at knifecenter.

Any advice on sharpening? Just bought a dragonfly 2 but realised i have neither the equipment nor the knowledge to sharpen it up
If you're looking for sharpening equipment, I would strongly recommend the Spyderco Sharpmaker. It's the most cost-savvy sharpener in the market. I touch up most of my beater knives from Victorinox Classic SD, up to my Bark River Golok.

Great choice on the Spyderco Dragonfly2, it was my first knife too and still one of my top favorites even though I now have more expensive knives.
Old 17-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #7482

Has anyone got a take on a Bodega? Not anyone of the models in particular but a general overview if someone has some experience/ time handling one. Thanks.
Old 17-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #7483

The dragonfly 2 was my first spyderco knife too. I bought the sharpmaker and it is newbie knife-sharpenining friendly, watch some youtube videos to see how it works.
sublimedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #7484

Has anyone got a take on a Bodega? Not anyone of the models in particular but a general overview if someone has some experience/ time handling one. Thanks.
I an a proud owner of 1. Great ergos, very beautiful overall design and the best point is that u can flip it 100x and your fingers won't hurt.

Downsides... Well... I can only speak for mine. The lscf wire does come off from time to time... So avoid lscf unless u are a die hard hardcore fan of it.

Heard the field grade bodegas don't come close to the ti ones. Good luck finding a ti bodega...they aren't in production already, unless u r talking abt the Bodega 2.0 which retails at close to 2k usd. My 2 cents is that u'd be better off owning a beggatti.
anvil_den likes this.
mamba2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #7485

I an a proud owner of 1. Great ergos, very beautiful overall design and the best point is that u can flip it 100x and your fingers won't hurt.

Downsides... Well... I can only speak for mine. The lscf wire does come off from time to time... So avoid lscf unless u are a die hard hardcore fan of it.

Heard the field grade bodegas don't come close to the ti ones. Good luck finding a ti bodega...they aren't in production already, unless u r talking abt the Bodega 2.0 which retails at close to 2k usd. My 2 cents is that u'd be better off owning a beggatti.
Thanks again for the info.

Reason asking was becos this morning they announced a limited run of the Black/ Gold Bodega fluted grind on their facebook.. I clicked and put in the cart and went about looking for more info> Just about to pull the trigger...came back. Damn! Sold Out. All under 8hrs. If its anything like their 1st run it should only be 8-10 pieces.. Looks much better than the rare 1st run and yes its ano gold ti with CF. $1255....I'm still kicking myself now
If there is anything that ever came close to my book for a "gentleman tactical"-- this would be it.. Ok trying to erase my memory of today...

Otherwise prior to this I was looking off and on at the Field Grade Bodega -- toying with option of black or OD scales. While normally not into overcomplicated grinds but somehow that fluted grind draws me to it and the overall shape of how the whole blade with respect to the length.. all in my cuppa of likes... I like the carbon scales too but that one comes only in the compound grind which is still nice but sort of a detraction for me.

Last edited by anvil_den; 17-12-2014 at 08:03 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.