HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #7501
Arch-Supremacy Member

currently i am looking at global knife, at the same time i am wonder is it worth to spend so much ...
Old 26-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #7502
Arch-Supremacy Member

All the kitchen knives uses cheap steel but sell at expensive prices.

And they had high hardness with razor sharp blade which easily causes chipping.

I also bought a chef knife for around 30usd in kifecenter for the occasional usage.
worcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #7503
Arch-Supremacy Member

currently i am looking at global knife, at the same time i am wonder is it worth to spend so much ...
The difference in kitchen knives is the.handle and blade size. So if u wan to compare... Go amazon see those reviews
Old 26-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #7504
Arch-Supremacy Member

All the kitchen knives uses cheap steel but sell at expensive prices.

And they had high hardness with razor sharp blade which easily causes chipping.

I also bought a chef knife for around 30usd in kifecenter for the occasional usage.
victorinox and global knife blade are more resistance to chipping or rather never chip
Old 26-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #7505

buy what you like, honestly. I don't like global because of the price vs steel. And I dislike all steel/one-piece knives. But lots of people like the design of global - it is different from the usual pinned handle of western kitchen knives or the wa (traditional) handle of Japanese knives.

For cutting fruit, you need a thin blade.

Let us know what you get in the end.
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #7506
Arch-Supremacy Member

victorinox and global knife blade are more resistance to chipping or rather never chip
impossible. Unless they heat treat hardness below 55hrc. Which will make blades dull faster.

Its either hardness or none chipping. there is no best of both world... unless u are talking about CPM 3V which is not fully stainless.

These two brand doesn't make Excalibur. so no magical sword for u.
Old 27-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #7507

If you're cutting fruit, you could really consider getting either the KAI I mentioned (it's the same steel that Global uses - I just checked) or a Tojiro (you can get it from Razor edge shop). if you want something nicer, then you may end up paying for the design over the steel (likely and nothing wrong with that). Global's pricing is due to the uniqueness of the dimpled handles that are integral to the blade.

Either way, you win
invisible.hippo likes this.
Old 28-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #7508

Let's get these remaining pieces sold before 2015. All great pieces and good prices.

1. Kifaru x-ray pack foliage green with belt and strap keepers excellent-like new) - USD500 nett via PayPal or sgd650 - save more than $100 and 2-3 months waiting time than if you imported on your own

2. ZT801 folder NIB - USD212 nett via PayPal or sgd282

3. sold

4. Para 2 Knifeworks Exclusive Run Hunter Green and Carpenter CTS204P steel with after market titanium deep carry clip NIB - USD265 nett via PayPal or sgd350

Kifaru pack comes with 2 free folders if you pay via PayPal!!! 1 crkt IKOMA fossil and 1 Kershaw nura

Take Kifaru and another item and I'll throw in my shirogami mini yanagiba Japanese kitchen knife!!!

Help Vespa with his war chest and spring cleaning.
alantcy, sojourn88 and squarebox like this.

Last edited by vespaguy; 15-01-2015 at 02:05 AM..
Old 28-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #7509

Spyderco Sharpmaker

Hi guys selling my Spyderco Sharpmaker, as I now sharpen my knives on a whetstone.Letting it go for $60.Let me know if you're interested.
Cheers
rambo9323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:55 AM   #7510
Arch-Supremacy Member

Where's a good brick and mortar shop to ssrr knifes locally????

TIA
Old 02-01-2015, 07:34 AM   #7511

Hi,

I received a letter from Singpost asking me to go down and check/pay gst for the parcel at paya lebar for a knife. This is the first time in 2 years since I started buying knife from overseas and having them shipped to SG.

Just checking if anyone kena this before, and anything I should prepare or take note of.

I am sure there is no gst charges as the total value of the package is below $400. Also, the knife is a manual flipper so there should not be any regulation issue.

Thanks in advance.
Dryxhyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:46 AM   #7512
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,

I received a letter from Singpost asking me to go down and check/pay gst for the parcel at paya lebar for a knife. This is the first time in 2 years since I started buying knife from overseas and having them shipped to SG.

Just checking if anyone kena this before, and anything I should prepare or take note of.

I am sure there is no gst charges as the total value of the package is below $400. Also, the knife is a manual flipper so there should not be any regulation issue.

Thanks in advance.
Very normal.

To go down paya lebar to verify identity for blades is common. All blades legal or not, has to go though there.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #7513

Where's a good brick and mortar shop to ssrr knifes locally????

TIA
Sheares Technologies and Black Tactical have a decent range.
Akai Ryu likes this.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:26 PM   #7514

Revisit of old favorites..

sojourn88, anvil_den and helisiao like this.

Last edited by alantcy; 02-01-2015 at 10:02 PM..
alantcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #7515
Arch-Supremacy Member

Very normal.

To go down paya lebar to verify identity for blades is common. All blades legal or not, has to go though there.

Are there size restrictions? Thinking of ordering zt560bw and paramilitary...will hv issues anot
Akai Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.