HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2015, 09:50 AM   #7531

Here's a shot of the kifaru I have for sale - it's a Gen 2 X-ray (30 litres) in Foliage Green (great for many tropical/sub-tropical environments including urban areas (not so 'tactical', neither does it scream 'North Face' or "Salomon' ). Comes with medium harness, alu stays, gromets and a powerpull PALS belt (unpadded - best for this load). Super adjustable and triple stitched everywhere. The cordura is 1000D, not the 200D you get on normal recreational packs or the 500D you get on some milspec camelbaks. Made in USA. I'm also including the various strapkeepers that are loaded on the pack right now. Kifaru is bombproof and is highly respected in the industry - Mel Terkla is one of the 'heavyweights', haha.

Bonus (to share the joy of edged tools) - 2 flipper folders for you to play. They're both used, and you'll have to sharpen them up a little to your satisfaction (well, talk to me and maybe I'll touch it up for you) but they're both in great working condition. One is a CRKT Ikoma Fossil flipper, the other is a Kershaw Nura flipper. Both are fun flippers and are perfect for short trips - I've carried both on trips around the region and used them and shared them with others. You won't bleed if someone doesn't treat it right

I'm asking for USD500 via paypal. Or a straight cash SGD650 (which is less than the present exchange rate which only seems to go up).

If you buy direct from Kifaru, you will end up paying more for this combo (USD446 just for the pack), due to expensive shipping and GST and you have to wait 8-10 weeks. Plus the freebie knives are worth USD100 shipped when new. I think it's a pretty decent and fair price I'm asking eh?

Vespa will deliver these to you if you live around bukit panjang, hillview or if you pay via paypal and close by this weekend. Otherwise, meet up at mutually convenient location.

Lastly, this pack was from 2013, in the Mel Terkla designer days. He has left Kifaru. Who knows what the future holds in terms of design and production. But this is gold

Last edited by vespaguy; 10-01-2015 at 03:09 PM..
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:29 PM   #7532
Master Member

UPDATE: Ok I called the license department and it was indeed just a license to import, so there is no need to have license to actually own the swords. Meaning that I can just sell it to whoever is willing to buy. Still available

Hi people I am moving soon and I feel that it is a good time for me sell the swords I have collected.

All 3 are Kit Rae swords (for display purposes) and I bought the 2 large ones off eBay (reputable power sellers with proven authenticity and the swords also came in their original boxes) and the small one from Caesars. None of them have boxes or sheaths so its just the swords alone. Condition wise Im not very sure, I just hang them there and occasionally clean them. But they are stainless steel and dont look any different from when I first bought them (like 1-3 years ago)

Im very open to offers so please contact me at 92962370 if you are interested in buying. It would be very much cheaper as compared to local shops, as for online you would save on the expensive shipping fees.

1. Kit Rae Valdris - Engraved version, comes with wall plaque

2. Kit Rae Sedethul, comes with 2 hinges

3. Kit Rae Mithrodin - comes with wall plaque
eternalxiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #7533
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any comments on Tops silent hero? Will need to collect at ica for this???
Akai Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:44 PM   #7534

HIGHLY unlikely. It looks like a 7" fixed blade, no issue. ICA normally detains objects that look like:

- spears or daggers;
- doubled edged;
- longer than 8-9", they just want to make sure it's not a sword;
- items that look like they're autos or balisongs (xray shows springs or push buttons)
- trenchknives/knuckledusters;
- and other prohibited stuff.

Yours looks like a kabar which shouldn't be an issue.
Akai Ryu likes this.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #7535

@slowstatic - your PM box is full
Old 12-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #7536
Arch-Supremacy Member

HIGHLY unlikely. It looks like a 7" fixed blade, no issue. ICA normally detains objects that look like:

- spears or daggers;
- doubled edged;
- longer than 8-9", they just want to make sure it's not a sword;
- items that look like they're autos or balisongs (xray shows springs or push buttons)
- trenchknives/knuckledusters;
- and other prohibited stuff.

Yours looks like a kabar which shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks...thats a relief to hear....im eyeballing this silent hero but the leather sheath is a turn off to me.....any advice on how to go about to custom a kydex? Read that some need to send knife in....

Now its either this Tops survival knife or USMC 5011......
Old 12-01-2015, 10:22 AM   #7537

Leather is nice. Good kydex is expensive as well, and need to find good maker and they tend to have long wait times. Yes, unless the maker has your particular knife, you gotta send it in. Not sure who does kydex locally. Why not live with the leather then when it's worn out from use, send it for a kydex.
Old 13-01-2015, 09:13 AM   #7538

Come come....this puukko needs new home, cos need to fix my speakers....put this knife with natural materials including mammoth ivory in your collection. Inexpensive too!

I have a Stuart Harvey puukko in smashed ball bearing Damascus steel, brown malee burl handles with a nice creamy with blue hues mammoth ivory collar. True razor scandi bevel. Exquisite leather sheath with insert. Never used.

Asking for only USD$250 paypal (you cover fees) /SGD335 cash.

This puukko is beautiful!
khimwoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 03:01 PM   #7539

Hi everyone, looking for a foldable knife for edc and been reading through the posts here which have been really informative for a total newbie like me.

The only condition I have is that it has to be quite small, but I understand that is relative.

Is the Chris reeve small sebenza a good choice if I were to only have one knife? Been reading a lot of good reviews about this and the simple look is attractive.

Would love to hear your suggestions too!
woodsteel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #7540

Hi everyone, looking for a foldable knife for edc and been reading through the posts here which have been really informative for a total newbie like me.

The only condition I have is that it has to be quite small, but I understand that is relative.

Is the Chris reeve small sebenza a good choice if I were to only have one knife? Been reading a lot of good reviews about this and the simple look is attractive.

Would love to hear your suggestions too!
It depends on what you plan to use it for. Opening mail, packages and a little food preparation? Or hard-use like knocking down concrete walls?

I would highly recommend Spyderco Dragonfly2 if you have small size hands. It's small and weighs almost nothing yet it performs way above it's class.

Dont forget about the Victorinox Cadet which are often overlooked. They are rather classy for the price.

BTW the Dragonfly2 and Cadet are basically the same size.
vespaguy likes this.

Last edited by squarebox; 13-01-2015 at 03:44 PM..
squarebox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #7541

Nothing too crazy usage wise. Just the regular opening boxes, mail and a host of other mundane everyday tasks.

But I like the aesthetics some of these knives present and am looking at a good starting point for a possible collection.

Is a sebenza available locally?

Last edited by woodsteel23; 13-01-2015 at 04:40 PM..
Old 13-01-2015, 06:06 PM   #7542

Yes, order online, delivered to you locally
Old 13-01-2015, 06:12 PM   #7543

I really should have phrased that better.
vespaguy likes this.
Old 13-01-2015, 06:15 PM   #7544
Supremacy Member

I like to collect knives..preferably factory new..
alantcy and vespaguy like this.
ValerieLah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 07:00 PM   #7545

I really should have phrased that better.
No, I was just being cheeky , had a rough day with bills notices threats et al

Are you looking for large or small sebenza? If you're looking at a large, I'd recommend taking a look at the zt801 also, half the price and a bearing flipper too. Speaking of which, I have one for sale too! Hahaha...shameless plug.

Back to sebbies, everybody should experience one. I feel the small is too small tho, the Ergos lend themselves better to the large model. For a small gents folder, if you may want to consider william Henry's as well.

For a nice gents folder, MOP with ti bolsters is yummy. Goes very well with handmade guitars and fine silverware. With kopi siu dai and espresso and kopi tubruk

Last edited by vespaguy; 13-01-2015 at 07:03 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.