Old 03-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #781
Master Member

+1 for you.... Great to deal with.
Still getting that Seki folder?
KIV see whether got money.
i_got_a_question_to_ask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #782

Anyone tried purchasing a balisong?

Disclaimer: Just asking with curiosity, kindly respond via pm as according to bros here and our local laws, it's illegal to own one.

iHerb.com coupon code: SAD522 (Up to $10 off) w FREE shipping & 10%OFF

Last edited by SaDnEsS82; 04-06-2009 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: Disclaimer added
SaDnEsS82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #783

Are you serious? Would you seriously expect anyone to admit to a criminal offence on a public forum?
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #784

That is downright illegal if you do not know. Try owning one!
grenharware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #785

Textbook answer: oh it's illegal? sorry, i didnt know.

Lonerider: i'm hoping for fellow interest bro to share via our pm system, just for knowledge

grenharware: So are alot of stuff. Dun get y they ban so much stuff for. The law chapter seriouly needs a revision.

Putting that aside, shipping via vpost has a 6" limitation as discussed in the previous post. May I know, the 6" refers to the length of the blade or the entire tool itself? Kindly enlighten me. TIA..

Disclaimer: I'm here to learn, pick up a hobby and improve my knowledge based on my interest. Kindly refrain from flaming me

Last edited by SaDnEsS82; 04-06-2009 at 12:22 PM..
Old 04-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #786

Textbook answer: oh it's illegal? sorry, i didnt know.

Lonerider: i'm hoping for fellow interest bro to share via our pm system, just for knowledge

grenharware: So are alot of stuff. Dun get y they ban so much stuff for. The law chapter seriouly needs a revision.

Putting that aside, shipping via vpost has a 6" limitation as discussed in the previous post. May I know, the 6" refers to the length of the blade or the entire tool itself? Kindly enlighten me. TIA..

Disclaimer: I'm here to learn, pick up a hobby and improve my knowledge based on my interest. Kindly refrain from flaming me
Sorry if my response comes off as flaming. It was not intended to come off that way. I just feel that a little fingerwork on Google would have given you the answers you needed. In fact this was mentioned a couple of times on the earlier pages of this thread. If it came off as flaming then I apologise. Yes, Singapore bans a lot of fun stuff and I doubt they'll ever repeal or change the offensive weapons act. It was passed during a tumultuous time when gangland activities were rife in Singapore. Times have changed but laws seldom do.

FYI the 6inches refers to OAL.

Last edited by Lonerider; 04-06-2009 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: Grammar...
Old 04-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #787

Sorry if my response comes off as flaming. It was not intended to come off that way. I just feel that a little fingerwork on Google would have given you the answers you needed. In fact this was mentioned a couple of times on the earlier pages of this thread. If it came off as flaming then I apologise. Yes, Singapore bans a lot of fun stuff and I doubt they'll ever repeal or change the offensive weapons act. It was passed during a tumultuous time when gangland activities were rife in Singapore. Times have changed but laws seldom do.

FYI the 6inches refers to OAL.
No, No, No... You took it wrongly bro.. I wasn't referring to you at all. I know you have good intentions.

Prior to posting, I've read up on law and how to home make some stuff. I've also completed the reading of this 50++ page thread beforehand and know of what has been mentioned.

However, knowing the enthusiasm of some collectors, I was hoping to know something.
Appolgies for causing this misunderstanding and I'll remove the previous post if it causes inconvenience for anyone

Again, out of curiosity, can we ship in swords? There seems to be some bros who shipped them in?
This is to double confirm as I'm a fan of katannas since young

Edit: I assume oal = overall length. Guess I'll not ship via vpost lest possible.

Last edited by SaDnEsS82; 09-06-2009 at 10:07 AM..
Old 04-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #788
Master Member

bo liao pictures for the day. i moded a syringe needle to pump mineral oil into unreachable corners of my knives without taking them apart.

sharp tip rounded off using sandpaper so i wont poke myself accidentally.

no money buy http://www.sentrysolutions.com/sentr...uct_Code=91300
i_got_a_question_to_ask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #789

bo liao pictures for the day. i moded a syringe needle to pump mineral oil into unreachable corners of my knives without taking them apart.

sharp tip rounded off using sandpaper so i wont poke myself accidentally.

no money buy http://www.sentrysolutions.com/sentr...uct_Code=91300
If you really need corrosion protection there's a product I use called Corrosion X. It's available in a small applicator bottle. I use this in my saltwater reels and yes they work very well. It wont dry/ gum up like some silicone based lubes. Available at Sabre Tackle and Angler's Outfitter at Beach Road. If it can keep corrosion off in saltwater it'll work well in our humid climate.

On the other hand if you want a great lube for your pivot point try ZX1. This is what I currently use on my pivots... it is a micro lubricant that "bonds" to metal surfaces. I use them on my reels to improve free spin time. My friend who is an RC enthusiast swears by them for his bearings. It has a needle applicator and best thing is it's under SGD10. Check out 5 Dots and Joe's tackle along beach road.

Do note that unlike mineral oil the lubes above are not food safe but they perform very well and I've used both of them extensively for a few years. Actually mineral oil was/is used as a form of laxative to ease bowel movement (teaspoon worth) so you can LS if you take too much. Just be aware hor...

To strip down these lubes (sometimes you may need to do this) use lighter fluid....

Avoid WD-40 like the plague... It can react with some coatings,hamons and etchings too. I've seen gun coatings wear out because of WD-40. Imagine if your knife has teflon/nylon washers. It also dries up too fast for long term storage.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #790

Hi bros, back after going thru our local law from Singapore Statutes Online.

Cap. 65:
CORROSIVE AND EXPLOSIVE SUBSTANCES AND OFFENSIVE WEAPONS ACT
(http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/ )

In the Scheduled Weapons act, it did list that the items that are considered weapons.
In this case, can we ship them in? I can't seem to find the correct relevence in the law chapters.

If it's so illegal, then why do local stores still sells them? It's a contridicting notion to me. Can someone kindly enlighten me on this?

Old 06-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #791
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi bros, back after going thru our local law from Singapore Statutes Online.

Cap. 65:
CORROSIVE AND EXPLOSIVE SUBSTANCES AND OFFENSIVE WEAPONS ACT
(http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/ )

In the Scheduled Weapons act, it did list that the items that are considered weapons.
In this case, can we ship them in? I can't seem to find the correct relevence in the law chapters.

If it's so illegal, then why do local stores still sells them? It's a contridicting notion to me. Can someone kindly enlighten me on this?
http://www.spf.gov.sg/licence/frameset_FAQ.html
Charlie_Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #792
Arch-Supremacy Member

i had bought the movie red cliff zhou yu sword from online shops before and had went to the AEB branch to get the necessary license before.... my question is do they allow sharp edge katana sword?

any bro bought in before?
Charlie_Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #793

Bro sadness, sent you a PM to explain diff btn your kantana sword liao...
grenharware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #794

Are you trying to say, they applied license to sell and we need one to own?

Bro grenharware: PM replied

Old 09-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #795

any1 tried break free oil?
DoubleAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.