HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2015, 01:11 PM   #8011

hi guys, looking to buy a spyderco delica (maybe a mini-grip) after reading much on this thread. what is the best way to get my hands on this knife in singapore.

many thanks!

There are retail stores (e.g. sheares, hock gift shop). An friend in the industry told me Sports Center Singapore is the local distributor for Sypderco, I have yet to verify that. I received a Delica from a friend last month, quite a good small knife for daily utility tasks.

Benchmade store had a 40% storewide sale before it closed recently, it was run by Hornest if I'm not mistaken. I made an impulse buy of the Rift instead of a Grip.

I like to patronise shops with good service and ok price. A lot of times, certain stuff are more than 25% cheaper online. So I buy from both sources as much as possible.

Hope you like the Delica.
Dr Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 04:30 PM   #8012

There are retail stores (e.g. sheares, hock gift shop). An friend in the industry told me Sports Center Singapore is the local distributor for Sypderco, I have yet to verify that. I received a Delica from a friend last month, quite a good small knife for daily utility tasks.

Benchmade store had a 40% storewide sale before it closed recently, it was run by Hornest if I'm not mistaken. I made an impulse buy of the Rift instead of a Grip.

I like to patronise shops with good service and ok price. A lot of times, certain stuff are more than 25% cheaper online. So I buy from both sources as much as possible.

Hope you like the Delica.
Thanks for your reply! Will go to check them out in the stores u mentioned

oh looks like i missed the 40% sale

also if anyone letting go of the above knives, pm me
nametaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 04:55 PM   #8013
Master Member

Thanks for your reply! Will go to check them out in the stores u mentioned

oh looks like i missed the 40% sale

also if anyone letting go of the above knives, pm me
I own a Delica too, and I absolutely love it.

Which version of the Delica are you looking for? I might be helping another guy to buy a Sage 1 at the end of this month, I can help you get it if you can collect around West area.

Or if you don't mind getting a Kershaw Skyline instead, I should have one to sell by next week.
nametaken likes this.

Last edited by Shikiwaru; 18-08-2015 at 05:05 PM..
Shikiwaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 05:26 PM   #8014

I own a Delica too, and I absolutely love it.

Which version of the Delica are you looking for? I might be helping another guy to buy a Sage 1 at the end of this month, I can help you get it if you can collect around West area.

Or if you don't mind getting a Kershaw Skyline instead, I should have one to sell by next week.

i'm looking for a delica 4 orange (C11FPOR). are u buying online? can u pm me the link which u are getting them from?

self collect at west area is no problem.

thanks.
Old 18-08-2015, 05:57 PM   #8015

i'm looking for a delica 4 orange (C11FPOR).

thanks.
How about Delica with wave opener?
Dr Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 06:05 PM   #8016
Master Member

i'm looking for a delica 4 orange (C11FPOR). are u buying online? can u pm me the link which u are getting them from?

self collect at west area is no problem.

thanks.
Most likely will get from Amazon, currently they have the lowest prices and the Delica should be right under $100 shipped to SG.

Speaking of orange, are you aware of the sprint run that they'll be doing? It is more expensive, but it features HAP40 laminate, which is rather unusual to find it on a folder. If you're just a layman, then the regular Delica should satisfy most of your needs.
Old 18-08-2015, 08:03 PM   #8017

How about Delica with wave opener?
just watched a video on the deploying. very nice, i'll consider is after I get a classic model.

very poisonous thread it seems. haha
Old 18-08-2015, 08:18 PM   #8018

Most likely will get from Amazon, currently they have the lowest prices and the Delica should be right under $100 shipped to SG.

Speaking of orange, are you aware of the sprint run that they'll be doing? It is more expensive, but it features HAP40 laminate, which is rather unusual to find it on a folder. If you're just a layman, then the regular Delica should satisfy most of your needs.
i actually tried buying from amazon before but they dont seem to ship directly.
didn't know it's possible.

as for the HAP40 delica, very interesting, thanks for the heads up. btw, how much more expensive it is? i will be seriously considering this as well.

Last edited by nametaken; 18-08-2015 at 08:27 PM..
Old 18-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #8019

Reducing my collection and have unused knives looking for good homes, including:
a. Enlan EL02B
b. CRKT M21-02
c. Kershaw Cryo
d. Spyderco Sage 1 [SOLD]

PM me if interested.

Last edited by viking; 23-08-2015 at 02:06 PM..
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 09:02 PM   #8020
Master Member

i actually tried buying from amazon before but they dont seem to ship directly.
didn't know it's possible.

as for the HAP40 delica, very interesting, thanks for the heads up. btw, how much more expensive it is? i will be seriously considering this as well.
You can click the link. It is 81.95 USD, will be around SGD $130 when it is shipped here. But the release date is still uncertain. Not sure how fast it'll go out when it hits the market.
Old 19-08-2015, 01:45 AM   #8021

Anyone knows where to purchase Enlan folding knife in Singapore?
MoneyElite.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 09:28 AM   #8022

You can click the link. It is 81.95 USD, will be around SGD $130 when it is shipped here. But the release date is still uncertain. Not sure how fast it'll go out when it hits the market.
that's a good price for a supersteel. HAP40 is non stainless though right?
nametaken likes this.
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 10:38 AM   #8023

HAP40 is definitely looking good as an alternative to M4.
vespaguy likes this.
Old 19-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #8024

damn, that looks good! looks about the same chromium as 3V. rust magnet-in-da-pocket for me though

I wonder if vanadis10 is anywhere like this....
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #8025

Surprising finding

M4 vs HAP40 vs 4E

@Vespa
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.