HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2015, 10:59 AM   #8101

Folders For Sale

Pre F1 Fund raiser sales.. OK actually more like I need to save up for retirement plans

ZT 0801, Elmax --$210
Reate Horizon C, S35VN --$280
Fantoni C.U.T. (Sinkevich Design), S30 --$300
All in $SGD

Full details on each knife has been listed out here

Can use any my contacts listed in above link or pm here. Thanks

vespaguy likes this.
anvil_den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #8102

yes, Viking has provided the online solution - much easier and cheaper, but you gotta wait like (sometimes) 30 days for stuff to arrive from China.

razorsharp, not razoredge - my bad. It's a local cutlery/cookware shop:

Lots of good deals there. Tell them Vespaguy from the 'internet forums' sent you

Thanks vespaguy! no problem at all, i will check out razorsharp as it is pretty near and i will certainly quote u intro me

appreciate all the advises, thanks guys.
tyrant76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #8103

Thanks vespaguy! no problem at all, i will check out razorsharp as it is pretty near and i will certainly quote u intro me

Razorsharp has quite a bit of things they dont list on their website/ FB page.
One word about the leather pieces if u are gonna DIY your own strop... $20 a piece that's about half A4 size... Need to condition it as they just keep in the store room so its a bit dry and hard. It's also quite thick. They have ready made more expensive ones using horse hide or something iirc.
tyrant76 likes this.
anvil_den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #8104

Their boss is a very passionate man. You can learn a lot about knives from him.
tyrant76 likes this.
Kcusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #8105

WTS : Benchmade 970 ( Emerson CQC 7 )

Benchmade 970 ( Emerson CQC 7 ) for sale

Condition : like new, never use

SGD$150

Sorry, post count too low to post pic, SMS @91893996 I will whatsapp the pic.

Thank you
why865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #8106

I would agree with vespa brother on this.

Those really good survival knives like the GSO 5.1 are God tier for emergency planners/ hobby like me. because u know they will hold out when u need them to last.

But i wouldnt bring my "dragon blade" overseas because scared losing them. I waitied 1 year for my GSO 5.1...
Which steel is your GSO 5.1? Do you use it to chop or baton wood like most Northern users do?

I have the ESEE 6 on my list for a 6" knife, but 1095 carbon steel will need some maintenance. Looked at many other mass production knives, but didn't find one which is 6" rust resistant, flat grind, drop/spear point, full tang, consistent quality control, lifetime warranty. GSO looks like a good fit. CPM-20CV is said to be "a very low maintenance, all weather cutting tool".
Dr Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 06:48 PM   #8107

Their boss is a very passionate man. You can learn a lot about knives from him.
Alrighty Kcusts, you're a regular there too?
Old 17-09-2015, 06:58 PM   #8108

Razorsharp has quite a bit of things they dont list on their website/ FB page.
One word about the leather pieces if u are gonna DIY your own strop... $20 a piece that's about half A4 size... Need to condition it as they just keep in the store room so its a bit dry and hard. It's also quite thick. They have ready made more expensive ones using horse hide or something iirc.
Oh i see, no wonder i did not find anything about leathers hahaha but thank you again for this additional info
i'm already planning to go there personally to ask about it and at the same time learn more about different compounds of different grits, diff leathers, honing etc.
anvil_den likes this.
Old 18-09-2015, 06:13 AM   #8109
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which steel is your GSO 5.1? Do you use it to chop or baton wood like most Northern users do?

I have the ESEE 6 on my list for a 6" knife, but 1095 carbon steel will need some maintenance. Looked at many other mass production knives, but didn't find one which is 6" rust resistant, flat grind, drop/spear point, full tang, consistent quality control, lifetime warranty. GSO looks like a good fit. CPM-20CV is said to be "a very low maintenance, all weather cutting tool".
Mine is a GSO 5.1 in 20CV. No i dun use it to baton yet.

The knife should be able to take batoning as survive knife has a video on them using a GSO 5.1 20CV batoning a brick.

Still, if u going to hard use it... get it in CPM 3V.
worcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 01:16 PM   #8110

WTS Benchmade HUNT series "Small Summit Lake"

Brand new in sealed box.

Premium S30V stainless steel with Dymondwood handles.

Please whatsapp 90103816 for pics.

$150 nett.
Esteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 10:38 PM   #8111

For those guys looking for leather to make their own strops, you can try getting them from razorsharp (as anvil den and I had mentioned earlier). They have standard leather (cowhide) for $20, and the horseleather for $60 (or is it $50), as in the pic below:

They have a great selection of chopping boards (good prices too) - from John Boos to tembusu ones to Japanese ho (magnolia) ones that really pamper your sharp edges. Not to mention great selection of Japanese kitchen knives - I was hoping to score the Takeda I'd seen earlier but some clever soul had already purchased that....dang.....ah well, a penny saved is a penny earned

BTW, these 3 beautiful folders are still available for sale :

- ZT801 (USD210 via paypal) - NIB/LNIB with boxes paper everything
- ZT0392 (USD500 via paypal) - NIB/LNIB with boxes paper everything (serial number under #100)
- poboy enzo birk (USD300 via paypal) - used with love, you just slip it into your pocket and continue using this pocket razor

squarebox, mamba2012 and tyrant76 like this.
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #8112

Hey guys where is the cheapest shop to buy a CS Laredo Bowie? Is it better to buy online and ship from overseas? Any problems with customs?
no idea where is the cheapest. But knifecenter has them:

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/CS1...micarta-handle

Specifications
Item Number: 16CCB
Name: Laredo Bowie San Mai III
Blade Length: 10.5"
Overall Length:15.69"
Steel: VG-1 San Mai III
Weight: 16.3 oz.
Blade Thickness: 0.31"
Handle: 5.19" Long Polished Black Linen Micarta
Sheath: Black Leather Sheath
Made in Japan

If the clip is sharpened, then it may not clear customs as that may be considered double edged. So be forewarned.
Stevejobless likes this.
Old 20-09-2015, 06:54 PM   #8113

WTS: NIB Spyderco Ambitious

Never carried, new. Comes with box. $30

Self collect @ my convenience. SMS/Whatsapp @ nine-66one-993one

Thanks for reading.
mmmmaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 07:06 AM   #8114

VG1 Sanmai is a 'stainless' and said to be close to 440C. Slightly better than 440B/AUS8, does not quite hold its edge like VG10 but is tough.

O1 is a oilhardening tool steel. It will rust easily when left wet and used in field, but is tough. It's easy to sharpen and will take a really sharp edge. Edgeholding is like VG10. I like it because it's easy to sharpen and strop but it does rust pretty easily - you have maintain it.

If you're gonna just put it up on the shelf and check on it regularly (and oil it), O1 looks like a better valued buy.

If you're gonna use it out camping but will baby it and oil it, O1 still looks like a better valued buy.

If you want less maintenance than a stainless would be a good option.

Steel performance is highly dependent on the heat treat. Good heat treat can make a lesser steel perform well. Cutting performance is dependent on edge geometry, user skill, and steel performance.

Looks like you know prices already and can make an informed choice.

USD has increased in the past 6 months, some local sellers who are still selling at old prices are worth looking at.

If you're looking to spend USD400 on a cold steel, I would ask you to consider looking at handforged customs. I know it looks like a plug but look at the sanmai Claudio Sobral/CAS recurved hunter I listed for sale for eg. It costs a bit more but you get a handmade, handforged knife that will give you more 'soul' than a factory made cold steel - can't say anything about performance though - I do like the performance of cold steel (well at least when I first started out) especially due to watching those tacky but entertaining videos
anvil_den and Stevejobless like this.

Last edited by vespaguy; 21-09-2015 at 07:12 AM..
Old 21-09-2015, 09:35 AM   #8115

For Sale : Spyderco

(1) Spyderco Police - SGD 50
Condition : Use
Handle : Aluminium
Blade : Plain, G2 Stainless
Belt Clip right hand, non reversible

(2) Spyderco Endura - SGD 50
Condition : use
Handle : Black
Blade : Plain, AUS-8

(3) Spyderco Endura - SGD 70
Condition : like new, not used
Handle : Black
Blade : Serr, black, AUS-8A

Please contact @91893996, will send pic on request.
why865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.