HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2015, 06:08 PM   #8131

Hi All Experts,
Need to check anyone over here use or collect Cold Steel Ti-Lite Aluminium 6" Stiletto Folding Knife 26ACSTX ? Does it feel very solid? easy to flick? Thinking to get one once get salary next month.... lol
Looks to have quite a few good thoughts put into its design.
Pivot is dropped a little below center line.. so given the ergo and length to width ratio.. all those factors works in favor of some fast action for sure, so long as the washers are decent enough. The rest boils down to maybe a minute tune of pivot tension to get what one likes..

Sorry no real experience just my 2cents analysis here on a bored afternoon
The other time when I looked at it.. I thought it might be a fun steak knife for me.
anvil_den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 08:19 PM   #8132

there looks to be a cold steel revival over here recently!

well, at least it's CTS-XHP steel (which is like a stainless D2, and that's a good thing). I never like super stabby blades personally....it just screams out for attention and the purpose for carrying begs to be questioned....

Looks like the late Phil Bogi helped to design it as well....that's a good thing too.
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2015, 09:49 AM   #8133

Hello,
Got a couple of nice folders sitting in my safe collecting dust so tossing it out there if anyone is interested. Asking for what I have in them (approximately that is):

For the collectors

- ZT801 stonewashed version. Elmax. All perfect. NIB. USD210 via paypal.
- ZT0392 limited edition stonewashed/working finish. CTS204P. All perfect. NIB. USD500 via paypal.

And some users and fixies for the users or adventurers

- Enzobirk folding puukko customized with a zero grind and poboy emerson style. S30V. USD300 via paypal.
- CAS sold
- Big Chris Bolo (13" blade) - a real brute for your adventures. CPM3V. USD550 via paypal.

I'll absorb the 4.5% paypal fees

If you're nice and buy more than one, I'll discount further or throw in some freebies.

THanks for looking - all items are legal to own. All have delicious steel and all are razor sharp and ready for action.

small bump for the public holiday. If you're around the central/west areas, I'll even brave the haze conditions and deliver to you!

Last edited by vespaguy; 18-10-2015 at 06:11 PM..
Old 24-09-2015, 08:52 PM   #8134

That CAS is a beauty. If it's bigger and within my budget I would have taken it off your hands.
Thanks. It's 6.1" bladelength. Budget is about 2 cold steel Laredo in 01 steel I'm amenable to slight nego too

BTW, you asked about SK5 - it's basically 1080 steel, it's a Japanese classification. between that an O1, I'll go for O1. 1080 is a rust magnet like O1 too, but if you oil it, it'll be ok.

Between a cold steel bowie and the Filipino chopper, I'll go for the Filipino chopper any day and twice any night. I think bowies are a little out of place for my use, I like them though but the fancier forged ones for pure collecting. I don't mind bottom guards but top guards make me feel constricted
Old 25-09-2015, 07:06 AM   #8135

Ulu areas and dogs - better to bring a stick/trekking pole. You don't want to kill the dog do you but a longer stick will give you the reach. Maybe doggie treats might help. Or bear spray?

I have no experience with BD1.
Old 25-09-2015, 12:02 PM   #8136

Rare Vintage Carl Schlieper Bowie

I have a Carl Schlieper Bowie, made in Germany, bought in 1970s, for sale.
Blade is stainless, ice tempered and length is about 19.5cm. It's unused and near mint condition.
Unable to download pictures but you can see a similar knife, here:

http://www.nozevi.rs/nozevi-pojedina...ermany-prodat/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zja9ok_FbG4

PM me if interested.
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #8137

Need some advice

Hi knife experts:

Just a quick question:
Does anyone have any experiences with CKF knives? i came across the Gratch which thought was nice but im not very sure if the high price is justified.

I own reate, benchmade, zts and spydies and i was wondering does the extra cost for a CKF really translates to that much of a qualtiy difference? i mean i can easily buy two good quality production knife for one CKF knife.

Thanks in advance!
TheBUSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #8138

Hi knife experts:

Just a quick question:
Does anyone have any experiences with CKF knives? i came across the Gratch which thought was nice but im not very sure if the high price is justified.

I own reate, benchmade, zts and spydies and i was wondering does the extra cost for a CKF really translates to that much of a qualtiy difference? i mean i can easily buy two good quality production knife for one CKF knife.

Thanks in advance!
Some good, some not so. The Sukhoi was good. Looks like Gratch is good too. Get it - they're probably made by Reate/Adai/KevinJohn the usual suspects.

They are priced according to the same perceived market. Flippers with M390/20CV/204P steel with bearings are now all around $350-400. The only thing you want to consider carefully is the warranty and servicing.

Last edited by vespaguy; 25-09-2015 at 07:23 PM..
Old 25-09-2015, 07:27 PM   #8139

Some good, some not so. The Sukhoi was good. Looks like Gratch is good too. Get it - they're probably made by Reate/Adai/KevinJohn the usual suspects.

They are priced according to the same perceived market. Flippers with M390/20CV/204P steel with bearings are now all around $350-400. The only thing you want to consider carefully is the warranty and servicing.
Hmmm... Thanks for the advice Vespaguy! Will probably wait till the next shot show before considering pulling the trigger (if it is still there that is)
Old 25-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #8140

Hmmm... Thanks for the advice Vespaguy! Will probably wait till the next shot show before considering pulling the trigger (if it is still there that is)
video looks good. wait till Jan? maybe it won't be there anymore. if you liked the sukhoi, you'll like this one - the sukhoi was ultra smooth...smoother than all customs. it was like floating on lube.

get it and do a video for us.
Old 26-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #8141

video looks good. wait till Jan? maybe it won't be there anymore. if you liked the sukhoi, you'll like this one - the sukhoi was ultra smooth...smoother than all customs. it was like floating on lube.

get it and do a video for us.
HAHHA i would love to. Unfortunately as a student ive got a limited budget for knives. Getting it means i cant get a new one for the whole of next year XD so i gotta be damn sure that it is the only knife that i wanna get. I guess u gotta lose some to gain some
Old 27-09-2015, 08:34 PM   #8142

HAHHA i would love to. Unfortunately as a student ive got a limited budget for knives. Getting it means i cant get a new one for the whole of next year XD so i gotta be damn sure that it is the only knife that i wanna get. I guess u gotta lose some to gain some
my advice as always - don't spend a little here, a little there on mediocre knives. get quality over quantity. it's always difficult with limited budgets and disposable income, sometimes it's a matter of shifting funds here and there.

Hi
Thanks for your advise. I still not prefer G10 handle
aluminium handles are light but they are slippery and they feel...a little cheap, I don't know why. They're not bad, it just depends on the finish.

most importantly, buy what makes you happy and is safe.
anvil_den likes this.
Old 27-09-2015, 10:55 PM   #8143

Wow those CKF custom designs looks out of this world. Serious alien technology there.
Stevejobless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 04:38 PM   #8144

Wow those CKF custom designs looks out of this world. Serious alien technology there.
Right at the base level before all those customizing..all are made in China though. Having said, it isn't necessarily bad. I have fondled good and bad ones from CKF.. The Sukhoi was a well tuned and designed pc. But the Elf was a dud (or at least the piece I helped a friend to tune and salvage...

Their recent M390 ones, Gratch and T90 looks good. I just wonder how is the treatment on the steel. waiting for the verdict from a few Russian friends now after they have put those knives to the test. Quite tempted to get them myself

But for those kind of etching/ anodizing "customizing".. there are a lot of russian craftsmen doing after market mods out there. Some are really quite outstanding.

found these on BF...

Stevejobless likes this.

Last edited by anvil_den; 28-09-2015 at 04:55 PM..
Old 28-09-2015, 04:49 PM   #8145

Hi knife experts:

Just a quick question:

Thanks in advance!
Was looking at Gratch and T90 too as in my last reply before I saw yours.. Frankly, hardly any knives are actually worth the value they are sold for. I will wait... if they don't sell out in 3 months time (which I am hedging that they won't)-- there will be a drop of these ~$375 knives to maybe $325?.... still not moving and none of their overseas distro are taking in more -- then maybe a $275 or even less. Resale value hasn't been high for many of their knives either-- so cna probably look out on forums for something lower than original price after awhile...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.