HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #811
Master Member

mind me pming websites to get those knives?? And if i want my friend to send me a blade from the states, how should my friend package it as?
If you are looking to grab a few knives, I usually purchase them from lighthound.. they ship international from 14.95 onwards so it's quite decent if you are looking at small knives and some other camping equipment... their shipping is one of the cheapest of the sites I've found but their selections are generic..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #812

ooo thanks thanks. I tried free hand but i kinda don't know how to feel the burr or even if i'm sharpening it right. I kinda messed up already with an unknown number to strokes on both sides. I think my dealextreme knife is 440C. Saw it on some comments.
archbishopchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #813

ooo thanks thanks. I tried free hand but i kinda don't know how to feel the burr or even if I'm sharpening it right. I kinda messed up already with an unknown number to strokes on both sides. I think my dealextreme knife is 440C. Saw it on some comments.
Doesn't matter how many strokes you do as long as you keep the angle right, to do this you need to go slow. Even if you use jigs and guide you'd still need to learn to feel or look for the burr. Sharpen on the side with the burr until it is as small as possible. Actually to practice freehand I suggest getting a high carbon blade as they are a lot easier to sharpen, just a big PITA due to our humid weather.

Careful how you ask your friend to label the package... Obviously labeling is "dagger" and such is a big no no.. But false declaration can get him in trouble.
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #814
Great Supremacy Member

anone hoot new knives, can gpgt ?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #815

anone hoot new knives, can gpgt ?
give me some time.. some new ones came in and a few still on the way...
Old 12-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #816

these knives are collectable?
tooomuchspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #817

Damn those ICA officers... Opened my letterbox everyday last few days expecting to see my Orange Millitary and Lava only to find a notice from SingPost to collect my knives at Paya Lebar. Don't know how many times I need to collect there which is why I think USPS 1st class inter. is better... USPS Priority International always get hijacked by them as it requires the recipient to sign for the package so they think it has a high value . Think ICA is must be really hungry for tax money (GST) but too bad for them I usually buy stuff for less than $400 in total... Hope the 2 other shipments get through ok.
Old 14-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #818

these knives are collectable?
Anything can be a collectible... Stamps, Coke memorabilia, toys... Some knives are collectibles but I'm sure quite a few of us use our knives too. Most of mine are what you call "safe queens" or part of a collection but a few (less collectible, less expensive ones) are users. They do appreciate in value but it takes time and a lot of research. Some discontinued models just end up forgotten, some remain popular and fetch a higher value on the retail market. Good example is the Benchmade AFCK. It has been discontinued for a few years but is selling for a lot more now. They recently reissued 500 pieces and were gone withing 2-3 days and are already selling on eBay for USD300+ dollars and there are people willing to fork out that kind of money. I recently sold 3 Spyderco cheapies for about SGD60 in profit even though one of them was in used but decent condition. How much something is worth depends only on how much someone is willing to pay for it.
Old 14-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #819
Master Member

if you insist on having picture.
i_got_a_question_to_ask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #820
Master Member

Is that a tenacious?

Last edited by viix; 15-08-2009 at 05:01 PM..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 11:22 PM   #821

Sweet buy... Is the detent strong? Too bad I can't post links or images cos of the post count rule. Time to kiss this place goodbye...
Old 17-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #822
Master Member

hi guys,

really excited by the stuff i see here.

wanna get something cheap to use on the occasional fishing/camping trip but mostly to use as letter opener. Something cheap but cool like this
http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/st...l.html?s=BU325

any laojiao can guide me through the buying procedure for this? or any1 got a old collection that wants to sell off?
konpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #823
Great Supremacy Member

haiz....only hooted a cheapo $7 SAK from emart
Old 17-08-2009, 11:49 PM   #824
Master Member

http://www.kershaw-knives.net/images...00-600x600.gif

this is also freaking cool....damn
konpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #825

Hi.I'm 18yo.I recently lost my old edc knife (spyderco dragonfly),and plan to get a new edc but have no credit card.any one of you old birds here planning to order something can help me tompang?i'm looking for some edc knives like the kbar dozier or the crkt drifter or pazoda,cheap so when i lose it wont so heart pain.i used to have a supplier who helps me order,but he has since stopped.help is appreciated. thanks
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.