HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2015, 11:18 PM   #8341

Hows the shipping cost for those who used Comgatway before? Is it cheaper to ship by Comgateway than by the original shop? knifecenter ships to sg but their shipping charge is hideously expensive.
It's been awhile since I've used it, but its about 30 usd for fedex/dhl shipping (3-4 days) to SG
mamba2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2015, 09:11 AM   #8342

knifecenter shipping is reasonable and fast. I don't think it's hideously expensive if you compare with all other online dealers for international shipping. in fact, I think it's the cheapest - they use courier, not USPS so it gets to you within a week and is fully trackable. no sense in sending to CGW to reship.

CGW does not ship fixed blades

Whatcha getting?
Stevejobless likes this.
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2015, 10:00 AM   #8343
Master Member

Guys, CGW has followed up with me that BFM service can be used for folders as they're safe for air freight.

(But that's too late as I've enlisted the help of someone in the States to forward it to me via USPS. I'll also try to get a replacement for my broken DMT clamp in the meantime. I'm excited for this one as it should be a really cool folder!)

Last edited by Shikiwaru; 28-11-2015 at 10:08 AM..
Shikiwaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #8344

Just ordered a Sukhoi from FRWK, going for $235 USD with their Black Friday sale!
Siluriform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2015, 10:07 PM   #8345
Supremacy Member

Hi, I need all the experts advice.....
Is ZT 0562 a good knife to purchase as compared to Emerson Mini Commander? Buying as a gift.
HIIT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2015, 10:50 PM   #8346

Hi, I need all the experts advice.....
Is ZT 0562 a good knife to purchase as compared to Emerson Mini Commander? Buying as a gift.
yes. ZT0562 by all counts. better steel, better fit and finish, better value, much easier to sharpen as compared to the recurve on a mini-com.
Old 29-11-2015, 12:15 AM   #8347
Supremacy Member

yes. ZT0562 by all counts. better steel, better fit and finish, better value, much easier to sharpen as compared to the recurve on a mini-com.
Thanks.
No BF sale on Amazon,but its good they ship direct.
HIIT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2015, 12:22 AM   #8348
Master Member

Not to mention ZT's warranty is excellent!

EDIT: If you must get an Emerson for the Wave opening or whatnot, ZT's Emerson collabs are also way better value than Emersons themselves.

Last edited by Shikiwaru; 29-11-2015 at 12:25 AM..
Shikiwaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #8349

Merry Xmas with a bundled offer from vespa:

I'd like to sell this as one bundled deal, and I hope you can see the value of the deal with all the freebies

Marfione Custom Anax with triple finish (satin flats, blasted groove and stonewashed handles - DOB Nov 2014), mint with box, pouch, lanyard, patch, everything. Perfect specimen, centered smooth and screaming sharp. This is USD750 + shipping from dealers.

Spyderco Domino with Casey Lynch's deep carry ti clip. LNIB (taken to photo and fix clip), original clip, box papers etc included. This is USD210 + shipping from dealers, without the extra deep carry titanium clip.

I'm including the following freebies in the bundle:

- Steve Kelly ti sushi sticks (value is $150). Machined from titanium and given the beautiful flame treatment. They ti sushi sticks are collapsible and come with a nice leather pouch as well.

- a bunch of USN, Tadgear decals and patches.

All for USD1,045, payment via paypal.

No trades please.

Old 29-11-2015, 11:51 PM   #8350

Hi guys... New here but not new to the whole fixed and folding blades stuff. I wanna buy a a TOPS knife. The SXB to be specific but I don't know any local dealer for TOPS knives. Any help is appreciated. THANKS!
Old 30-11-2015, 06:55 AM   #8351

Hi guys... New here but not new to the whole fixed and folding blades stuff. I wanna buy a a TOPS knife. The SXB to be specific but I don't know any local dealer for TOPS knives. Any help is appreciated. THANKS!
that looks like a Beck tracker/WSK.

http://www.drbeckknives.com/

on the TOP, serrations in the wrong part of the blade and not quite the same serrations as the Beck. I don't know any local dealers but you can buy online. post pics when you get it
Old 30-11-2015, 07:03 AM   #8352

No local dealers. I am eyeing a few of the their knives too. The best prices are from Amazon but they don't ship to sg and comgateway only ships folding knives. Next best option that I know of is Knifecenter.
Stevejobless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2015, 03:10 PM   #8353

Just ordered a Sukhoi from FRWK, going for $235 USD with their Black Friday sale!
Thanks for the tip.
Aiming for the Sukhoi or Gratch too.
KnivesCenter is selling the Gratch as US$3xx
widget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2015, 04:32 PM   #8354

Repackage with a nice svelte Russian in the lot leh

Merry Xmas with a bundled offer from vespa:

I'd like to sell this as one bundled deal, and I hope you can see the value of the deal with all the freebies

Marfione Custom Anax with triple finish (satin flats, blasted groove and stonewashed handles - DOB Nov 2014), mint with box, pouch, lanyard, patch, everything. Perfect specimen, centered smooth and screaming sharp. This is USD750 + shipping from dealers.

Spyderco Domino with Casey Lynch's deep carry ti clip. LNIB (taken to photo and fix clip), original clip, box papers etc included. This is USD210 + shipping from dealers, without the extra deep carry titanium clip.

I'm including the following freebies in the bundle:

- Steve Kelly ti sushi sticks (value is $150). Machined from titanium and given the beautiful flame treatment. They ti sushi sticks are collapsible and come with a nice leather pouch as well.

- a bunch of USN, Tadgear decals and patches.

All for USD1,045, payment via paypal.

No trades please.

anvil_den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #8355

Recently i been watching zombie drama like The Walking Dead and Z Nation so i been google about zombie knife and i saw this website http://www.zombietools.net

So what i asking is can i buy a knife from USA send to Singapore?
Need any permit?
How to get the permit?
Better not buy joombie knife.. later get really tempted to use it jialat arh!
Entire island everyone like joombies these days-- heads down looking at their fones even when crossing the road.
anvil_den is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.