HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #916

The MBC knives that I want are those that are designed by martial artist. I don't know if the civilian falls into that category. Those knives however are not as practical as those "vanilla" ones, and you have to know the specific system well to use them. I just like them for their novelty is all.

There's not many chances to use a blade here, unless I decide to use my umnumzaan for a steak knife, it's not gonna see any action. Ironically the more well-made a knife, the less likely it's to be used, cause of the price.

I'm getting a photographer friend to help me snap pics of my collection. In the mean time anyone who's interested in a specifc knife and would like a pic, would get my crappy version.

By the way, do you guys organise fondling sessions? I would love to participate and contribute.
Kartoffeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #917

Welcome here Kart!

Yup you ain't going to use knives here unless they are for everyday tasks, eg. opening boxes, cutting paper, etc. Maybe whittling a pencil?

I would love to see some pics of the Umnumzaan and the SOG Fatcat! (I'm a huge SOG fan btw.)
grenharware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #918
Arch-Supremacy Member

Well ya the sebbies are expensive. Why don't you get a bradley alias II instead? It's basically like a small sebenza at half the price.

The DDR is sweet, blade spine is 0.15", CPM S30V and actuation is lighting fast. I'm glad I snatched it up. $400 from $525, what a steal. Currently my best buy, but that might change when I get my tighe breaker

My pics are ****ty so here's some proper pics of the DDR Trigger Maze and the Tighe breaker.

Yes, I'm unashamed to admit I have wet dreams over them every night

Yes, anyone who wants to fondle is more than welcomed, but rule of you touch mine I touch yours applies
Holy crap... I like this one

$400 = USD or SGD?
Old 14-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #919

Holy crap... I like this one

$400 = USD or SGD?
Should be in USD hehehe.
Hot_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #920

Welcome here Kart!

Yup you ain't going to use knives here unless they are for everyday tasks, eg. opening boxes, cutting paper, etc. Maybe whittling a pencil?

I would love to see some pics of the Umnumzaan and the SOG Fatcat! (I'm a huge SOG fan btw.)
Thanks for the welcome. The only use I have for my knives are to open packages of my knives. It's a self sustaining process

Getting my friend to snap pics of my stuff, but it'll be slow going, as I have alot to lug over to his place. Don't have my knife pouch yet so the problem is compounded. Plus I can't justify having 20+ knives on my body when I set off the metal detector all the way at AED.

Just got my Tighe Breaker too, it's as lovely as the picture suggests. Well worth the excruciating wait.

Yep, it's USD, wish it was SGD.
Old 15-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #921

Why bring knives to AED in the first place?
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #922
Arch-Supremacy Member

Old 15-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #923

Lousy joke, I meant having so many knives that it trips the system there.
Old 15-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #924

Thanks for the welcome. The only use I have for my knives are to open packages of my knives. It's a self sustaining process

Getting my friend to snap pics of my stuff, but it'll be slow going, as I have alot to lug over to his place. Don't have my knife pouch yet so the problem is compounded. Plus I can't justify having 20+ knives on my body when I set off the metal detector all the way at AED.

Just got my Tighe Breaker too, it's as lovely as the picture suggests. Well worth the excruciating wait.

Yep, it's USD, wish it was SGD.
Congrats on getting the Tighe Breaker! Also learning to take pics of knives but the lighting in my place sucks, got to find some better light
Old 15-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #925
Banned

chao digger spotted
I'mknotdumb! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #926
Arch-Supremacy Member

This arrived in the mail last week. My first custom knife. Blade is just slightly under 3inches. Handle is 440C SS with black linen micarta and SS (440C) bolsters. It is a manual flipper, the thumbstud is more decorative than functional. Blade steel is S30V cryo quenched and hardened to 59-60HRC. ed and it locks with a nice "thunk". Everything has been configured for a left hander. Blade stock was thicker than I expect. As a result of the materials and such the knife is a lot heavier than most knives in its size. Very sedated looks... Surprised with the fit and finish as this is the first time the maker made a left handed folder. First thing I did was to take a needle and make a small scratch on the steel-type etching. Now I'm not afraid to use it. I'll probably rotate this with my Endura 4 which is pictured here as comparison.

The next one is already in the works. This time with carbon fibre scales with silver twill G10 bolster. Other changes will be a thumbhole, lanyard hole and a different blade shape (took some pointers from Strider's blade shape design.
short fat blade looks like those durain seller' knife
Old 15-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #927

Wow committing hara-kiri. *Salute*.

I was considering a similar design by Todd Begg, but it's oh so expensive.

Can't wait to see your next one. I've a couple more incoming too
Old 15-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #928

Wow committing hara-kiri. *Salute*.

I was considering a similar design by Todd Begg, but it's oh so expensive.

Can't wait to see your next one. I've a couple more incoming too
Is that stainless, or carbon Damascus. Dont know if you are into gentleman type folders maybe can have a look at Mcusta, (its within my budget hahaha.)
Old 15-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #929

Mcusta MC 16D, with clip. Thinking of getting this too this year. The bumber is that the clip has only one position, i think is tip down. But just luv the nickel dam. Anyway got to satisfy my Spyderco craving first

Last edited by Hot_Dog; 15-01-2010 at 10:55 PM..
Old 15-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #930

Very nice custom u got there Lonerider, is that a pacific salt on the right?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.