HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #931

Very nice custom u got there Lonerider, is that a pacific salt on the right?
E4, black coated version....
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #932

I have no idea what the Begg is made of. I saw one of his blade that was made of 154 CM priced at $1500. I stopped finding the prices for his other knives after that .

I do like gentlemen's folders, but the Mcusta is not really my cup. Held one before, very sharp but handle too fat for me.

My new baby:

He was so underpriced and homeless, I had to rescue him .
Kartoffeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #933

E4, black coated version....
My bad , Endura 4 huh . Ok some contribution from me, since I'm still wide awake at this hour, tried to take some decent photos of the Stretch, excuse my amateur attempt.

Some things of note about this stretch of my. The fit & finish is superb as expected of Spydercos, however initially i thought that the blade is not centerd when closed. Upon closer examination, it seems that it is a problem of uneven grinding of the tip of the blade, ie they are slightly asymmetrical.

Regardless, luv the blade shape, the thickness of the blade, the vg10 and its ergonomics in the hand
Hot_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010, 12:48 AM   #934

I have no idea what the Begg is made of. I saw one of his blade that was made of 154 CM priced at $1500. I stopped finding the prices for his other knives after that .

I do like gentlemen's folders, but the Mcusta is not really my cup. Held one before, very sharp but handle too fat for me.

My new baby:

He was so underpriced and homeless, I had to rescue him .
Wow 1.5 k, with that you could get a William Henry and still have some left over!
Nice DM Vizor, S30v steel!
Old 16-01-2010, 01:13 AM   #935

Alright another Spyderco, the Caly3, one of my fav. Small enough for daily edc, could be use as a gentleman folder. The satin finish on the blade with black G10 scales are simply gorgeous. A downside on this model for me, is that it is pined at the handles, would prefer torx, for cleaning. Though the pivot is torx thus the blade tightness could be adjusted.
Old 16-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #936

Mcusta MC 16D, with clip. Thinking of getting this too this year. The bumber is that the clip has only one position, i think is tip down. But just luv the nickel dam. Anyway got to satisfy my Spyderco craving first
One thing you should know about this knife... It is a lot smaller than you might think.
Old 16-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #937

Regardless, luv the blade shape, the thickness of the blade, the vg10 and its ergonomics in the hand
I've never tried the Stretch before but there's 2 of them on the way since I got them at a very good price.

Old 16-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #938

One thing you should know about this knife... It is a lot smaller than you might think.
Now that u mentioned it, i took a look at the photos again, seems the blade length is approx 3" assuming that the handle is around 4". On the short side i might say, but its calling out to me!

Dang that's a really good price for the CF stretch! :O Congrats for landing such a great deal! Might i ask where you bought it hehehe.

Last edited by Hot_Dog; 16-01-2010 at 04:28 PM..
Old 16-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #939

Now that u mentioned it, i took a look at the photos again, seems the blade length is approx 3" assuming that the handle is around 4". On the short side i might say, but its calling out to me!

Dang that's a really good price for the CF stretch! :O Congrats for landing such a great deal! Might i ask where you bought it hehehe.
It was a private sale... I didn't realise it was a good price till I looked over at Knifeworks and noticed they were selling it for $160 a pop. Glad I bought 2 cos I'm planning on using one. He sold the Dragonfly at market rate though so I guess you can't win them all.
Old 19-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #940

It was a private sale... I didn't realise it was a good price till I looked over at Knifeworks and noticed they were selling it for $160 a pop. Glad I bought 2 cos I'm planning on using one. He sold the Dragonfly at market rate though so I guess you can't win them all.
Very nice score.

I just got my P'kal today. Damn the thing is sharp, sharpest knife I currently have, cuts like a laser. Also got a letter from customs today. Looks like its brother the gunting is held hostage, gonna have to liberate it tomorrow.
Kartoffeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #941
Arch-Supremacy Member

any other cool looking S30Vs out there recently?
Old 19-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #942
Master Member

where to get those knives?

i wanna get but cant find
Old 19-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #943
Supremacy Member

My chef knives can count or not?

If yes, I show u my low krass colection??
Old 19-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #944
Arch-Supremacy Member

My chef knives can count or not?

If yes, I show u my low krass colection??
of course counted
Old 19-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #945

any other cool looking S30Vs out there recently?
How about this one... Most affordable S30V blade on the market right now at slightly less than USD50.

Buck Vantage™ - Pro (Large) Linerlock Folder 3-1/4" S30V Blade

Specifications

* Blade: 3 1/4" (8.3 cm), S30V stainless steel, drop point
* Length: 4 3/8" (11.1 cm), closed
* Weight: 4.0 oz (113.4 g)
* Handle: CNC contoured black G10
* Clip: Stainless steel, reversible
* Made in USA
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.