HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2018, 03:48 PM   #9661

Just a bump: Kershaw's new 2018 designs are in, and for a change, at least a third of them are manual folders instead of Speedsafe assisted.

On the other hand, CRKT is going deeper with larger knives (3.5" and above) and AOs. I like Matthew Learch's and Ken Steigerwalt's designs, but almost all the nice stuff from them in CRKT's lineup are AOs.

Why can't cutlery companies from anywhere in the world (even you, China) give us a suitable offering of manual folders with blade lengths < 3.3" that aren't also so fat and wide?

My ideal knife is one with a slimness similar to the Benchmade 940-1, but with the blade length chopped down to 3" - 3.2" and in softer 5cr13 steel so that it won't break the bank (about 30USD).

Last edited by Rock-kun; 26-01-2018 at 03:59 PM..
Rock-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 05:14 PM   #9662

Just a bump: Kershaw's new 2018 designs are in, and for a change, at least a third of them are manual folders instead of Speedsafe assisted.

On the other hand, CRKT is going deeper with larger knives (3.5" and above) and AOs. I like Matthew Learch's and Ken Steigerwalt's designs, but almost all the nice stuff from them in CRKT's lineup are AOs.

Why can't cutlery companies from anywhere in the world (even you, China) give us a suitable offering of manual folders with blade lengths < 3.3" that aren't also so fat and wide?

My ideal knife is one with a slimness similar to the Benchmade 940-1, but with the blade length chopped down to 3" - 3.2" and in softer 5cr13 steel so that it won't break the bank (about 30USD).
the mall ninjas want big and beefy.

I don't like the softer steels, tired of seeing the edge roll.

I did see 2 Kizer models that are interesting - one is Isham's Theta, the other is Swan's Matanzas.
anvil_den likes this.

Last edited by vespaguy; 27-01-2018 at 08:42 PM..
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 10:23 PM   #9663

the mall ninjas want big and beefy.
Ken Steigerwalt's Ignitor isn't exactly what I'll consider a mall ninja's toy:

Looks slim and neat. But the 3.4" blade length is a little on the long side, and it would have been great if it were a manual folder, even though AOs are allowed here. That CRKT is still selling it after a few years is proof that it's quite a popular model.
Rock-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 04:03 PM   #9664
Arch-Supremacy Member

There are many small bugs crawling on my blades. I wash them off with water but those bugs reappear a few days later.

What are things I can do?
Old 20-02-2018, 11:08 AM   #9665

There are many small bugs crawling on my blades. I wash them off with water but those bugs reappear a few days later.

What are things I can do?
where are you storing them? in wood/leather/paper/cloth boxes/wrappers/pouch? they are likely book lice or mould mites. You have to clean everything out, and sun it. as long as there is dampness and high humidity, they will thrive.

I see the bugs on furniture, in wooden boxes, old trinkets. Just clean the place up with a light vinegar solution. They will always be where food sources are, but at least you can keep them to a minimum.

After cleaning the blades/folders/storage/sheaths, store your blades outside the sheath in a dry box. That should keep them to a minimum.
Old 22-02-2018, 08:14 AM   #9666

Anyone keen in M Tech fixed blade/ swords pls check my listing
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ge...e-5779969.html
29Leap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:26 PM   #9667

fidget spinner knife

Has anyone tried JOKR knife before? Looks like it's designed here in Singapore. Any thoughts on this particular knife?
sam_splinterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 02:07 PM   #9668

selling the following away, pm me if interested:
Shirogorov 95T M390 blade
Shirogorov Neon S30V blade
GTC Plasma CPM154 blade
GTC Gforce 2 damasteel blade
GTC Stampede Nebula Damascus blade
Tendick Waki CPM3V blade
Tendick Tanto CPM3V blade
chengkhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 02:59 PM   #9669

Selling knives

Selling some knives, pm if interested(SGD):
1. Gen 4 XM-18 3.5 inch, Tan G10, S35VN -> $old
2. Microtech D.O.C, Manual, Red, Bead Blasted, ELMAX -> $old
3. Rike Thor4s (Blue/purple), M390 -> $old

Last edited by Dragoice; 30-04-2018 at 09:14 PM..
Dragoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #9670

Selling some knives, pm if interested(SGD):
1. Gen 4 XM-18 3.5 inch, Tan G10, S35VN -> $old
2. Microtech D.O.C, Manual, Red, Bead Blasted, ELMAX -> $old
3. Rike Thor4s (Blue/purple), M390 -> $old
Further price reduction
1. $old
2. $old
3. $old

Last edited by Dragoice; 30-04-2018 at 09:14 PM..
Dragoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 02:49 PM   #9671

I have a Kizer Cutlery Vanguard V4468A2 Ray Laconico Intrepid Flipper 3.625" VG10 Stonewashed Blade, OD Green G10 Handles. LNIB - I carried for a few days but found it too big for my use (I use a slipjoint normally).

Great flipping action. In blister pack etc.

It's USD86 on KC + shipping.

I'm asking for $spf only - cheap cheap.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/kizer-cut...ef_sId=1114280

Last edited by vespaguy; 30-04-2018 at 09:21 AM..
Old 27-04-2018, 09:37 PM   #9672

Any one with prior experience with Yuna Custom Knife?

Hey fellow collectors,

Anyone has prior experience with Yuna Knife?
byzzare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 10:39 PM   #9673

Hey fellow collectors,

Anyone has prior experience with Yuna Knife?
Have had some experience handling 2 prior 3-4 years back. Take my words with a pinch of salt, but there weren't very many impressive things on his knife.

At the time, his flippers didn't flip smoothly. It was almost impossible to deploy based on pressing the flipper tab alone. From what I know, his prices are not cheap as well.

I emailed him multiple times a few years back, to ask for a slot on his books. 0 communication that the email was even received, zilch.

However, sometime last year, he informed me that my turn was up on his books and he asked if I still wanted the knife . If I'm going to pay thousands of dollars for a knife, I would definitely expect some form of communication from the maker.
mamba2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 12:02 PM   #9674

Have had some experience handling 2 prior 3-4 years back. Take my words with a pinch of salt, but there weren't very many impressive things on his knife.

At the time, his flippers didn't flip smoothly. It was almost impossible to deploy based on pressing the flipper tab alone. From what I know, his prices are not cheap as well.

I emailed him multiple times a few years back, to ask for a slot on his books. 0 communication that the email was even received, zilch.

However, sometime last year, he informed me that my turn was up on his books and he asked if I still wanted the knife . If I'm going to pay thousands of dollars for a knife, I would definitely expect some form of communication from the maker.
Haha I see. As its gonna be my turn next month, was hoping someone with experience going thru the entire designing process could share some stuff with me haha or us on the forums haha.
byzzare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 09:59 AM   #9675

Benchmade was always nice
Otstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.