Mugenpower78

Banned
Reaction score
Tot of getting this blade at Amazon US .. but scare will be reject

JMsqtT3.jpg
No issue i just received my 4max scout couple of days ago

Toshimun

Reaction score
Hi all. Anyone has purchase from knife center? Any issues? Planning to buy a spydie chef for Xmas.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
if you're looking for a real heirloom quality borneo chandung (a type of parang), I'm letting mine go.

This has a 12" razor sharp brut de forge blade, sought-after local exotic woods (a type of ebony + curly acacia) for its scabbard, handle and fittings, brass pinned for strength in addition to the use of modern adhesives for the tang (2 ton epoxy instead of traditional rice/organic glue), traditional simpai (knot-work) and belt. The scabbard has a friction-mechanism blade lock to keep the blade from falling out of the scabbard. The chandung was made by one of the best makers in Sarawak, who has a wait list of 2-3 years presently. Legally imported (note that laws are changing soon and it may get challenging to bring such items in in the future). You can't find this without making connections over a long period of time as this maker's work is constantly bought up.

I'm offering mine up for sale for $500

Pls PM if you want to buy. No sale to minors. Thanks for looking.

JygSqln.jpg

###########

consolidating my earlier for sale posts

I have all but retired from my 30 year hobby of collecting custom knives. Putting up 2 of my rare custom folding knives for sale, serious inquiries to buy only :

1. DB Fraley One-off 3.5" blade Deluge bolsterlock flipper with timascus & blacksite marbled carbon fibre (there's no other piece like that from this custom maker who has a wait list of more than 6-7 years). This is an amazing piece and before its time : $4,000

2. Svarn - sold.

Prices are firm and fair, all kept in safe and mint. Always good to step up and experience custom knives as a change from your regular production/factory made knives. A friendly tip - instead of buying 20 production folders at $200 a piece = $4,000, it may be worthwhile to consider pursuing the custom route, which you know are made by one person (so, more a craft thing).

Thank you.

4Uzv93K.jpg

Last edited:

Reaction score
Hello all, I've a bunch of brand new in box knives for sale. The prices are all cheaper than anywhere you can find online.
  • Sante Fe Stoneworks Wooly Mammoth Ivory Handle 3" Damascus - $218 x 3
  • Sante Fe Stone Works Dinosaur Bone - $140
  • Sante Fe Damascus Collection Vein Turquoise 3" Lockback Knife - $120
  • Opinel No.6 Folding Knife - $20
  • Kasumi 24cm Chef Knife - $320 x 2
  • Buck Bones Knife - $50
  • Spyderco Endura 4 Black - $100
  • Spyderco Endura Mother of Pear - $250
  • Kabar Small Folder - $30
  • Konosuke Sakai SW Stainless 210mm with Saya - $100 x 3
  • Konosukei Sakai GS+ GT210 Khii Chestnut Handle with Saya - $242 x 3
  • Wusthof classic ikon 20cm - $200
  • Spyderco Delica Black - $126
  • Tojiro DP Gyuto - $92
  • Kabar Agama Folder Black - $30
  • Sugimoto Hamono Chef Knife 210mm - $200
  • Sugimoto Hamono Chef Knife 240mm - $300
  • Sugimoto Hamono Chef Knife CM 210mm - $380
If you buy everything on this list ($4358), I will knock 20% (-$871) off.

highdiver_2000

Reaction score
Ragweed Forge store in Jan 2022 had a sale on Morakniv. Bought some Basic and VPOST back. More color selection than local (usually black or FDE)

In the end cost S$3 more per knife compared to the local list price.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
if you're looking for a bushcraft/camp/gardening/farming tool, you can consider this. Made by a small workshop.

SqmRYIc.jpg

fBy4m5S.jpg

Total weight : 630gm
Blade weight : 500gm
Blade stock : 4.5mm
Length : 10" (not too long, just nice for the above tasks)
Handle material : local hardwood (arang bunga)
Blade material : carbon steel for toughness (requires oiling or just use regularly and let the patina form, you can also try the hot vinegar treatment to give it a light oxidisation)
Kydex option : black or khaki
Pommel option : with exposed crusher or without

Price is $160 only. Pre-order only (50% deposit required upfront) - takes about a month for item to be received, thereafter self-collect only. For legitimate purpose and no sale to minors.

DM if you're interested. Thanks.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
I also have a made in USA Bradford Knives Chef Knife in M390 (no longer used, Bradford have opted for the cheaper AEB-L in their current line up. M390 is far superior. Now reduced price of only $300, less than what I paid.

7orKjXu.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff T hope

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a couple of knives for sale if you interested.

carousell.app.link/n2EZFAsCytb

Cheers 😊

Last edited:

Viraman8

Reaction score
Hi all. Anyone has purchase from knife center? Any issues? Planning to buy a spydie chef for Xmas.
Have ordered a ProTech Malibu from them. Shipping was pretty long but it did arrive after 2 weeks. About $20 USD shipping. My first choice is White Mountain Knives. Ship fast and got discount codes from major reviewers.

Roman

Master Member
Reaction score
White Mountain also sells knives under the Real Steel brand name.
Pretty good value for money.
In the premium range i find Benchmade offers very good workmanship and materials at an acceptable price.
And you have a high resale value if you don't mistreat your knives.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.