HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #976

From knifecenter, its 84.95. So far all of my back locks are mid handle. Will it be harder to close one handed if the lock is so far back on the handle? Accidental release of the lock?
From my experience the knife looks like a decent one hand opener but closing it one handed will be a challenge and do remember all backlocks no matter if they are placed mid handle or at the rear has a closing bias unlike liner locks and frame locks which mean during closing it has a tendency to snap shut at a certain point.
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 02:44 AM   #977

I'm still looking for someone to help me tompang order for CRKT drifter and ontario Rat 1 folder.Anyone please?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:41 AM   #978
Master Member

wow been quite a while since being in this thread.. haven't been using much of my knives.. looks like many nice knives in here!

I couldn't resist and bought a cheapo scadi grind mora 2000 and mora 511!~
Anyone knows where I can find some sharpening stones locally besides razorsharp?

And has the guy with the cat avatar got his nice highly reviewed stones yet? Was wondering how they'd perform~

Last edited by viix; 09-03-2010 at 03:45 AM..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #979

hi guys newb here , just bought my first knife, a spyderco stretch , still havent arrived yet.
did some online research and it seemed to be a good choice , but now after reading it i see ppl talking about the zdp189 being a good steel but difficult to sharpen? and might rust maybe?

any one have experience or tips for me ? thanks!!
vintagewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #980

hi guys newb here , just bought my first knife, a spyderco stretch , still havent arrived yet.
did some online research and it seemed to be a good choice , but now after reading it i see ppl talking about the zdp189 being a good steel but difficult to sharpen? and might rust maybe?

any one have experience or tips for me ? thanks!!
Dude, the spydie stretch rocks! And it wont be your last one, welcome to the addiction and a perpectually empty wallet
I'm not an expert on knife steels, but from what I've gathered suffing the forums, ZDP189 is a high carbon steel, very good edge retention. Being high carbon steel it will rust on you if no care is taken. Just apply a thin coat of protective oil over the blade should do it.

Been trying to get my hands on one of those smurf manix2 but seems that I'm out of luck, any of you guys manage to score one?

Last edited by Hot_Dog; 19-03-2010 at 12:50 PM..
Hot_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 03:43 AM   #981

Dude, the spydie stretch rocks! And it wont be your last one, welcome to the addiction and a perpectually empty wallet
I'm not an expert on knife steels, but from what I've gathered suffing the forums, ZDP189 is a high carbon steel, very good edge retention. Being high carbon steel it will rust on you if no care is taken. Just apply a thin coat of protective oil over the blade should do it.

Been trying to get my hands on one of those smurf manix2 but seems that I'm out of luck, any of you guys manage to score one?
Managed to get 2 of the blue Manix... 2 green ones are on the way. Brings my tally to 7; would be 8 but I sold a mini version few months back. Total is 2 blue Manix II, 2 green Manix II, 2 carbon fibre Manix II and 1 green Manix I (backlock). For those getting the Manix II, the lock is very difficult to disengage, just so you'll know. The backlock on the Manix I is so much easier.
Old 15-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #982
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hope to get clearance to sell some knives
Old 15-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #983

What will you be stocking? I think SOG stuff would be great... Cold steel is pretty decent too and it's pretty easy to get dealership from them.
Old 16-04-2010, 12:47 AM   #984
Great Supremacy Member

OT: any chance u bringing in 5.11 diplomat/tactical pants or similiar?
Old 16-04-2010, 12:48 AM   #985
Great Supremacy Member

wow been quite a while since being in this thread.. haven't been using much of my knives.. looks like many nice knives in here!

I couldn't resist and bought a cheapo scadi grind mora 2000 and mora 511!~
Anyone knows where I can find some sharpening stones locally besides razorsharp?

And has the guy with the cat avatar got his nice highly reviewed stones yet? Was wondering how they'd perform~
u got ur mora 2000 locally or online?
Old 18-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #986
Arch-Supremacy Member

511 pants seem to fade quite fast le

Anyway the High Desert pants we currently have thinner, cooler, more comfortable

Cheaper too
Old 19-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #987

very happy with my sog seal pup elite, got it for s$110.
hi bro sooqing,

I'm also interested in the SOG Seal Pup elite, can share where u got it from?

any bros can share how to buy knife online from Amazon and ship to Singapore?

I have checked with these 3 providers:
comgateway
borderlink
vpost

but all of them said they don't ship knife to Singapore because it's inside their prohibited items list .

I plan to get SOG Seal Pup elite and Sypderco Delica from Amazon, but not sure now how to bring them here to Singapore..., using fedex / dhl will be expensive?

thanks.
daemonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #988

any tips how to sharpen the the tip of the knife to needle sharp? , using a spyderco sharpmaker
Old 21-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #989

anyone wants a rat ontario 1 ? i got a brand new one want to sell , a bit too large for my daily carry
Old 22-04-2010, 11:39 PM   #990
Great Supremacy Member

Forge de Laguiole “Furtivo” knife

damn, this one super

990 Euro before shipping.

designed by Ora-Ito

this type of knife can bring into Singapore or not ah?

just asking only.
RyuShinEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.