EDMW Knife Collectors

slayergut

Reaction score
Sorry guys, some questions
I was into knife collection many many years back.

Back then regulations were very strict and only authorized dealers can import knives from overseas.
My only source was from Sheares.

Has the regulations changed?

Can we purchase knifes directly from online stores?

For every imported knife, do we have to register for it ?
Or just pertaining to knives over a certain blade length?

It's still pretty strict, but i think the officers now know their stuff better. As long as the knife is within regulations ( manual folders,not double edged, non balisong etc.) it should be okay.
You don't have to register for it. But there are may still be some custom procedures involved.Mainly GST related or they want to check if the knife is within regulation.

I remember a few years back Sheares told me that i will need a license to purchase knives from overseas, and tried to convince me that they are the legal source over in Singapore.Whether they still tell customers that, i don't know cause i don't patronise them anymore unless i need something urgently.

Hope this helps.

laurenspang

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's still pretty strict, but i think the officers now know their stuff better. As long as the knife is within regulations ( manual folders,not double edged, non balisong etc.) it should be okay.
You don't have to register for it. But there are may still be some custom procedures involved.Mainly GST related or they want to check if the knife is within regulation.

I remember a few years back Sheares told me that i will need a license to purchase knives from overseas, and tried to convince me that they are the legal source over in Singapore.Whether they still tell customers that, i don't know cause i don't patronise them anymore unless i need something urgently.

Hope this helps.

they sound quite tuakang to me
last time i emailed them some qns,they nvr reply,so tau
i walk pass the shop, black black one,i oso dun dare go in,lol

vinn

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they sound quite tuakang to me
last time i emailed them some qns,they nvr reply,so tau
i walk pass the shop, black black one,i oso dun dare go in,lol
only go there buy things if u r desperate.......honestly, i find them too full of themselves.

Lonerider

Reaction score
only go there buy things if u r desperate.......honestly, i find them too full of themselves too.

My view of them; a very poor one at that...

I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. And yes... I feel they are too full of themselves. In this age of internet shopping I'd rather get a real Maxpedition bag than one of the copies they sell at an inflated price. I know they have overheads to cover but I won't mind paying more for instant gratification and good customer service.

Their customer service is sorely lacking BTW. I don't like going into a store and being made to feel like a child and like I owe you (the proprietor) a living. Almost all adult males in SG has been trained to handle a weapon, I do not need a fool in cargo pants with a drop leg rig to act smartass with me because I myself has used the same rig and it wasn't to hold a cell phone.

I do not believe a customer should have to acquaintance themselves with the storekeepers over a couple of visits to get decent service. Not when I'm the one whose ponying up the cash. first impressions lasts, in my case that first impression wasn't a very good one...

Rant over, carry on good folks...

Last edited:

kolomo

Reaction score
From what i see, besides the sanrenmu, the SOGs and bokers are all counterfeits. :)

ooo...ic..
i so mt tortoise... didnt know got counterfeit knives =X
thanks

btw
any trustable sources to get the knives from ?
anyone ran into prob with the authorities when importing from overseas ?

alantcy

Reaction score
My view of them; a very poor one at that...

I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. And yes... I feel they are too full of themselves. In this age of internet shopping I'd rather get a real Maxpedition bag than one of the copies they sell at an inflated price. I know they have overheads to cover but I won't mind paying more for instant gratification and good customer service.

Their customer service is sorely lacking BTW. I don't like going into a store and being made to feel like a child and like I owe you (the proprietor) a living. Almost all adult males in SG has been trained to handle a weapon, I do not need a fool in cargo pants with a drop leg rig to act smartass with me because I myself has used the same rig and it wasn't to hold a cell phone.

I do not believe a customer should have to acquaintance themselves with the storekeepers over a couple of visits to get decent service. Not when I'm the one whose ponying up the cash. first impressions lasts, in my case that first impression wasn't a very good one...

Rant over, carry on good folks...

Well said, during my first (and only) visit, i even saw them reprimanding their employees in front of customers.
I bought 1 single knife and later found it was overpriced and very hard to sharpen (maybe it was blunted before).
From then on, i stopped patronising the store.

laurenspang

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
moi gotch letter ask mi go cantonment to collect moi knife, wud i lim kopi? :eek:

Paishei ish nt cantonment,is sg post centre at paya lebar,but kena is during office hrs fr mon to fri nia,how I go collect sia?

Last edited:

Frozenboiboi

Reaction score
Haha pass ur ic to someone who're close with. Sister, brother, mother, etc..
They can collect on ur behalf as long as they bring ur ic along with that letter/email ica send u. Go payalebar is to open up parcel for them to check. Nthing much de la

laurenspang

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha pass ur ic to someone who're close with. Sister, brother, mother, etc..
They can collect on ur behalf as long as they bring ur ic along with that letter/email ica send u. Go payalebar is to open up parcel for them to check. Nthing much de la

moi lunch time i fasterly go collect.
the mat unkers thr say max length for knives blade is 6inch.
they say wanna chk mine ish bcos to inspect for auto knives.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.