EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #1111
Master Member

Lol. I wanna collect it, what's A&E?
Mai Lazy leh~
A&E, accident & emergency dept of Hospital, Arms & Explosives branch of SPF
Balisong, if you've read a few post back is banned here..
Old 17-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #1112
Great Supremacy Member

just bought a couple more knives

sog arcitech

sog mini vulcan

lone wolf paul defender

heard the defender's lock sometimes got problem one dunno true anot
wah,i see on utube,its got a cool opening style
laurenspang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #1113

Smelly Cheese Pie! Import Cold Steel Espada Large also must pass to cantoment. I asked the customs why, and they said coz it looks dangerous -.- Damn pissed. I hate travelling all the way to cantoment...
Frozenboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #1114
Master Member

Hey Lonerider, what do you think of Ray Laconico's folders? I'm liking the clean line stuff he puts out and I'm having a kephart fixed blade custom made by him..
But I don't think he works with any steel other than 1095 & o1 carbon steels.. I'm thinking 3V or S35VN for a folder.. any recommendations?
Old 21-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #1115

Hey Lonerider, what do you think of Ray Laconico's folders? I'm liking the clean line stuff he puts out and I'm having a kephart fixed blade custom made by him..
But I don't think he works with any steel other than 1095 & o1 carbon steels.. I'm thinking 3V or S35VN for a folder.. any recommendations?
Why not wait for the ESEE folder? I like his (Laconico) fixed blades because of the clean lines and grinds but his folder does nothing for me. he just started with folder and although they are bang for the buck I'd rather go for a more experienced folder maker. So far I've seen his friction folders on BF and I don't really go for those. I know 1095 is recommended for bushcraft use but I'd be hesitant to use it in a folder in tropical climates. Why not get the Kephart from him and get the folder from another maker? To be honest, with the advent of diamond stones even ZDP-189 is easy to sharpen in the field if you get your technique right. There's a company which sells diamond and ruby rods for cheap and they'd be easy to pack if you are planning on sharpening outdoors.
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #1116
Master Member

Why not wait for the ESEE folder? I like his (Laconico) fixed blades because of the clean lines and grinds but his folder does nothing for me. he just started with folder and although they are bang for the buck I'd rather go for a more experienced folder maker. So far I've seen his friction folders on BF and I don't really go for those. I know 1095 is recommended for bushcraft use but I'd be hesitant to use it in a folder in tropical climates. Why not get the Kephart from him and get the folder from another maker? To be honest, with the advent of diamond stones even ZDP-189 is easy to sharpen in the field if you get your technique right. There's a company which sells diamond and ruby rods for cheap and they'd be easy to pack if you are planning on sharpening outdoors.
Well, I'm still looking around the various custom makers.. I like ESEE fixed blades but their folders doesn't really appeal to me.. I'll probably see how it goes with the s30v spyderco manix from edcf's run first..

I actually find carbon steels especially the A1 & 1095 pretty good for fixed blades field use but agree they don't work on folders.. I would tend to keep my folders in the pocket, bagpack or box and my carbon opinel has rusted because of that.. fix blades are usually kept strapped outside so rust isn't an issue so far..

Those rods you've mentioned, any more info on them?
Old 21-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #1117

Well, I'm still looking around the various custom makers.. I like ESEE fixed blades but their folders doesn't really appeal to me.. I'll probably see how it goes with the s30v spyderco manix from edcf's run first..

I actually find carbon steels especially the A1 & 1095 pretty good for fixed blades field use but agree they don't work on folders.. I would tend to keep my folders in the pocket, bagpack or box and my carbon opinel has rusted because of that.. fix blades are usually kept strapped outside so rust isn't an issue so far..

Those rods you've mentioned, any more info on them?
For those not in the know this is what the ESEE folder will be like when available.

MSRP: $ 252.31

EXPECTED DELIVERY OF FIRST PRODUCTION RUN TO DEALERS: December 2010 (date may vary)

SPECIFICATIONS

Right-hand and left-hand models
D2 Tool Steel Blade
Titanium alloy frame lock
Patented Lion Steel Rotoblock
G10 handle scale
Removable glass breaker (comes with replacement smooth head screw)
Hex-bit driver in handle
Stainless steel “Mr. DP” Skull Tool adjustment wrench / multi-tool for adjusting RotoBlock, pivot and glass breaker removal
Standard Paper Boxing with DPx Graphics

INITIAL DIMENSIONS:

Handle thickness (without clip): .541”
Blade thickness (Max): .187”
Overall length (opened / without glass breaker): 7.625”
Closed length (without glass breaker): 4.38”
Handle Grip Area: 3.80”
Cutting Edge length: 3.10”
Titanium frame thickness: .140”
G10 thickness: .140”
Weight: not determined at this time

LIMITED RUN - 250 serialized pieces (with special packaging) available only from www.dpxgear.com
STANDARD RUN (non-serialized) - Available from ESEE dealers.
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #1118

I like to share a photo of my new folder. The blade is 33 layers damascus with VG-10 core and cocobolo handle from Mcusta
Spurgears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #1119

This Buck Vantage Pro I got has blade of S30V and it is even heat treated by Paul Bos (I read in magazine he is quite famous but he just retired)

Old 24-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #1120

If it's under 6 inch, it usually will reach your door unless it exceeds SGD$400 in total value.. then u need to go down to ICA to pay GST.. I've ever only gone to collect it because of length (retain by ICA for inspection for the ESEE-6) or because the amount of knives was so much they wanted to see the invoice that it didn't exceed the 400 value (when I order quite a large amount of small cheap knives for props).. most times, it's at my door with no intervention required on my part..

If you want to go direct to shop, you can check out sheares or maybe sngarms if they are still around.. but like we mention before, the price they sell for some knives, you can afford to lose a package and reship it with change leftover for coffee..

but why SOG.. there are many more options with better bang for buck..

Check in luggage no issue as long as it conforms to the law..
You can ship it back also via mail..

For good prices on izula, patriotknives or knivesshipfree..
then dress it up in leather pants!

or wait for the Izula II coming out in Oct!
Hi Viix, do you know if there is any blade length limit that if exceeds, A&E will confiscate??

I wonder a 9" Cold Steel Trail Master, dunno whether ok with A&E or not. I have seen kitchen knife 10" or more sold in CK Tangs basement
Old 25-09-2010, 12:20 AM   #1121

Hi all, kinda new in these custom clearance issues..
may I know if this knife can be shipped in to Singapore?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kershaw-Knives-G...item563b7eb04d

From what I understand the knife should not be 6" long or longer to avoid the AED problem...

Thanks in advance
CarlsbergEaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #1122

Hi all, kinda new in these custom clearance issues..
may I know if this knife can be shipped in to Singapore?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kershaw-Knives-G...item563b7eb04d

From what I understand the knife should not be 6" long or longer to avoid the AED problem...

Thanks in advance
From what it looks like, ur knife should reach ur doorstep no prob =)
Old 26-09-2010, 01:03 AM   #1123

From what it looks like, ur knife should reach ur doorstep no prob =)

Hi Frozenboiboi, did u manage to collect your cold steel espada at cantonment?
Old 26-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #1124

Hi Frozenboiboi, did u manage to collect your cold steel espada at cantonment?
Sadly not yet T_T I've been calling them on thursday and friday but the duty officers say the my knife is still pending. Gonna call them again on monday.
Old 26-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #1125
Supremacy Member

Hi. Just chanced upon this thread. Looks pretty cool! Bookmarking it as I also have a couple of swords.

[IMG]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/do.gif[/IMG]
ComicBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.