HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #1411
Master Member

But dono can past out customs or not. Plus it's not cheap leh. If kanna cheong gong by AEP really heart pain man.

But I am very impressed with the blade.
Just email to A&E and show a link to the item lor,
they reply pretty fast.. Last time wanted the swamprat waki but their preorder sells out pretty fast!

OK, saw the scrapyard version on the comp instead of the iphone, don't really like the handle. still prefer the swamprat's..

By the way, does anyone of you buy Blade Magazine?

I bought one recently and found that it really gives alot of info, esp for Knife Fanatics. Learned quite a fair bit from it too, esp for newbie like me.
About $10 and quite worth it.
Mostly read the pdf online here and there, don't really follow.. where did you get your copy from? Kino?

Last edited by viix; 28-01-2011 at 12:37 AM..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #1412

Haha go bladeforums and u'll learn more about knives than any magazines can tell u =D
Frozenboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #1413

Just email to A&E and show a link to the item lor,
they reply pretty fast.. Last time wanted the swamprat waki but their preorder sells out pretty fast!

OK, saw the scrapyard version on the comp instead of the iphone, don't really like the handle. still prefer the swamprat's..

Mostly read the pdf online here and there, don't really follow.. where did you get your copy from? Kino?
Ya. I got it from Kino at Taka. There's another one called Knives. That one not so good. Blade magazine is better.
kaapuii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #1414

Haha go bladeforums and u'll learn more about knives than any magazines can tell u =D

Quite true.
But at times dono which tread to go mah. And the magazine give you all the good websites to look the knives that you may be interested.

But to me thus far the best is to ask you guys here lah. Helpful and willing to share experience.
Old 28-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #1415

By the way, have you all seen the Gerber Bear Grylls series.
Find it dam bladdy nice and cool.

http://bear.gerberuk.com/knives/ultimate-knife/

Feel like buying the whole set of fixed blade and folders. (total got 4)
But i think havn't come to S'pore yet lah.

Online also don't have at the moment. Think if buy from the shops here sure kanna overcharged man.

Last edited by kaapuii; 28-01-2011 at 04:34 PM..
Old 28-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #1416
Master Member

Online also don't have at the moment. Think if buy from the shops here sure kanna overcharged man.
Yup, it's fine as a set for people who never ever had a knife and a proper kit. But otherwise, this knife is just modified around the gerber prodigy.

I personally prefer a g10 handle and no serrations..
Old 28-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #1417

I saw it being in stock from a website just yesterday -.- Today bo stock liao.
The ultimate knife looks quite promising if you are not those hardcore users. If u have never owned a knife before, it'll be a good starter =)

Here u go
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ghlight=grylls

But yeah, to knife collectors like me, this knife looks like junk =/
Old 29-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #1418

I saw it being in stock from a website just yesterday -.- Today bo stock liao.
The ultimate knife looks quite promising if you are not those hardcore users. If u have never owned a knife before, it'll be a good starter =)

Here u go
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ghlight=grylls

But yeah, to knife collectors like me, this knife looks like junk =/

Wah lau! Arr neh aw eh ah!! Lucky u gave the link man! After reading it...I think I wouldn't want to waste my money. Maybe I rather go for an LMF II in that case.
Other than that, what would you recommend? And about how much it will cost me?

Same for you Viix:

What would you recommend?

Thanks alot guys. Heng ah! Havn't really go buy.
Old 29-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #1419

Wah lau! Arr neh aw eh ah!! Lucky u gave the link man! After reading it...I think I wouldn't want to waste my money. Maybe I rather go for an LMF II in that case.

Same for you Viix:

What would you recommend?

What kind of knife u want? I would recommend seal pup elite for GP.
Old 29-01-2011, 03:58 AM   #1420
Master Member

Well, so far the ESEE-4 is the most reliable knife I've used in the field, and really holding up well. Alot of my NS mates got the seal pups but the blade geometry is really not practical for usage.

If you are rambo then probably it might be useful but I'm not and my experience with it has been disappointing.. It might be good as a fighter knife (i wouldn't know since I've never stab anything with it) but for greenwood or deadwood processing, simple is best. Well, the only except ion will be the khurki.

If you really wanna know which is the best knive to use, the machete or parang is honestly the best knife there is. It's the item my detachment will die die indent before outfield.. Even the bengkias use it.

What kind of knife u want? I would recommend seal pup elite for GP.
Ok, this I have to ask, why the Seal pup? All the gadget boys I know have one but they never use it so I wonder what's the appeal other than looking like a professional soldier on that SBO with a alicepack/black hawk 3day assualt pack on the back..

Last edited by viix; 29-01-2011 at 04:09 AM..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #1421
Supremacy Member

where can i buy these knife?
Old 29-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #1422
Banned

Get the LMF better
intermilansg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #1423

Well, so far the ESEE-4 is the most reliable knife I've used in the field, and really holding up well. Alot of my NS mates got the seal pups but the blade geometry is really not practical for usage.

If you are rambo then probably it might be useful but I'm not and my experience with it has been disappointing.. It might be good as a fighter knife (i wouldn't know since I've never stab anything with it) but for greenwood or deadwood processing, simple is best. Well, the only except ion will be the khurki.

If you really wanna know which is the best knive to use, the machete or parang is honestly the best knife there is. It's the item my detachment will die die indent before outfield.. Even the bengkias use it.

Ok, this I have to ask, why the Seal pup? All the gadget boys I know have one but they never use it so I wonder what's the appeal other than looking like a professional soldier on that SBO with a alicepack/black hawk 3day assualt pack on the back..
Seal pup elite has a pretty thick blade stock, well balanced, easy to sharpen, and it's stainless. Esee 4 has a slightly thicker blade and is heavier, which may be better for some people. However 1095 steel in Singapore isn't a very good idea. People in the states complain about 1095 steel rusting there... what else in Singapore?
However i dun own an Esee knife so i can't really comment about which is better. FYI, i just ordered an izula coz i was attracted to Esee's imba warranty. Lol
Old 29-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #1424
Master Member

Seal pup elite has a pretty thick blade stock, well balanced, easy to sharpen, and it's stainless. Esee 4 has a slightly thicker blade and is heavier, which may be better for some people. However 1095 steel in Singapore isn't a very good idea. People in the states complain about 1095 steel rusting there... what else in Singapore?
However i dun own an Esee knife so i can't really comment about which is better. FYI, i just ordered an izula coz i was attracted to Esee's imba warranty. Lol
Ah, yes I see, your points are precisely why I hate it. I find the balance a little off personally because i get fatigue fast using it, which is why I feel it's more of a fighter knife.. it seems to be balance for that..
Well, rust isn't a problem if you use it.. in fact out in the rain, I've never had rust problems because you're using it all the time there's no chance to rust..

Well, warranty wise, I doubt you'll ever need it.. it's pretty hard to destroy a knife!~
Old 29-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #1425
High Supremacy Member

for field use i get these.
cannotliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.