HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1304Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #1441
High Supremacy Member

WD-40 website said it can be used on just about everything. It is safe for metal, rubber, wood and plastic.
but word of mouth said better dont use it is because it is corrosive and will wears away metal and coating, WD40 disintegrates metal compounds by eating them, that why it able to remove rust. WD40 contain kerosene, if the knife sheath contain rubber or plastic i think better dont use too.
i will only use WD40 if i want to remove rust.

best use those light mineral oil like singer sewing machine oil. cheap and good.
cannotliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #1442
Master Member

To add on to cannotliao's post, if your using it for food prep, can use johnsons baby oil as it's mineral oil with fragrance.. You can also use it on wood handles and chopping board to protect them from drying.. Ikea also sells a mineral oil for their chopping boards which is safe for knife..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #1443

Yea, alot of people recommend baby oil. I use Hanwei Sword Oil for my knives. Btw, the hest fixed blade will be remade so there's no hurry for me. Argh!! When is my hest folder coming?!
Frozenboiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #1444

3rd knife of my collection. Supposed to be my edc knife, but the lock is a disappointment =(

Old 30-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #1445

3rd knife of my collection. Supposed to be my edc knife, but the lock is a disappointment =(

Whats wrong with the lock?
Old 30-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #1446

It deforms very fast. I have used it for some heavy stabbing and cutting but the lock couldn't take it. Now the opening of the knife is rough. Can't compare with Coldsteel tri-ad lock at all.
Old 30-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #1447
High Supremacy Member

you use edc knife for heavy stabbing
cannotliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #1448

At least it's not light stabbing. Human flesh should be considered light. Haha!
My heavy stabbing = Stabbing wood, trees, some really thick boxes etc
Old 31-01-2011, 01:29 AM   #1449

Damn hahhaa..if you need to stab trees, you should really start edc-ing a fixed blade!
I find spyderco lockbacks plenty sufficient for EDC. Heck even a slipjoint is enough.
Btw how's the wave feature?
Old 31-01-2011, 09:08 AM   #1450

Not sure if i ever posted these pictures before, but here is 2 out of my many many knives =D

1st up, Emerson Cqc 13

Next up, is Cold Steel Espada Large!

Wah ur knives all the good stuff and a bit costly too. Good collection man!
kaapuii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #1451

Yea, alot of people recommend baby oil. I use Hanwei Sword Oil for my knives. Btw, the hest fixed blade will be remade so there's no hurry for me. Argh!! When is my hest folder coming?!

Where to get the Hanwei Sword Oil?

By the way, I ordered 3 folders and a neck knife 2 weeks ago. The neck knife sent from Hong Kong. Bladdy till nw havn't receive it man. Dam slow. My Kershaw Storm came from US in abt 7 days.

Anyway, one of my folders is the Gonzo G702. Cheap cheap china blade for abuse and testing. The other 2 are some collectibles. Think by time I recev them will be after CNY man.

(one time order some many now a bit scared man!)

I may want to get an LMF II. Cos it is still quite affordable to me.
Wanted a Busse knife, but si beh gui lor. Scared wait kanna stuck at Cantonment cannot go thru really heart pain man.
Old 31-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #1452
Master Member

At least it's not light stabbing. Human flesh should be considered light. Haha!
My heavy stabbing = Stabbing wood, trees, some really thick boxes etc

Now the opening of the knife is rough. Can't compare with Coldsteel tri-ad lock at all.
Boxes should be fine but will blunt steel also, trees and wood cannot be stab.. notice why chainsaws are used instead? even fixed blades also will chip or roll..
Im sure manufacturers didn't design it for that and will void your warranty
To work wood requires doing only small notching on opposite ends then split with sudden force on another stump. Splits beautifully along the grain everytime

..sent from Hong Kong.

I may want to get an LMF II. Cos it is still quite affordable to me.
Wanted a Busse knife, but si beh gui lor. Scared wait kanna stuck at Cantonment cannot go thru really heart pain man.
Hong Kong still using junk boat to deliver always very slow..

Last edited by viix; 01-02-2011 at 02:22 PM..
viix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #1453

Hong Kong still using junk boat to deliver always very slow..

I just tracked my HK package ystrdy and I got a shock. My seller mailed it on 18 Jan but according to the mail tracking records, it got shipped out of HK only on 29 Jan!
Which means it was left at HK postal services for bladdy 11 days for no reason!!
Dam infuriating. Dam slack man the postal service.

Perhaps Viix is right. They still using junk boat too. Bet I will get my package after CNY.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #1454

Haha junk boat?! No la.. maybe their customs there got clearence too. I got an izula and a superleaf coming thru hopefully by this week, but cny dunno they will deliver???

To make fire so i stab trees lor. My mini ak47 can tahan all these job and the lock still like brand new, but the knife v small so i got myself the endura. But cmi... so i bought an emerson cqc7 =.= So far so good =)

The wave is not bad, but it's not really important for civilians. A sypder hole is good enough!
Old 01-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #1455

Hm for woodcraft i still prefer a fixed blade, especially since lock integrity is a concern to you. For dirt cheap but super performance u can check out mora knives. so damned cheap u can chip the blade 30 times and not feel heart pain.

Btw Anybody getting the new benchmade shoki with carbon fiber scales?? i got poisoned!!!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.