Electric Scooter or any personal mobility device (PMD)

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I've searched everywhere but couldn't find an electric scooter thread (there is a bicycle thread though).

I've thought of buying my first electric scooter for nearby supermarket and makan trips. However, I've checked out several reviews and models but most of which are just technical representation of the vehicle.

I am more interested in the practicality of such a scooter. Is it really useful or it's just a gadget that turns white elephant after awhile.

I'll like to hear your frank opinions on the problems, or recommendations on what to buy, price, range and stuff.

I think this thread will also serve as a good consolidation for all those who are looking to buy or already own an electric scooter or any PMDs.

dl

Reaction score
Oddly enough, i was searching for a similar thread... but found yours instead.

The difference is that I have just purchased my first 2 scooters in the past few weeks.

1 lightweight (7kg) carbon fiber version, 250W motor (5 inch wheel) with 10.4AH battery. I have ridden it over 20km (average 22km) from my office to home over various paths and it is easy to carry on MRT and buses. It is fairly quick (up to 25kmh which is the LTA limit) and is able to handle most surfaces, except steps above 1 inch.
It is supposed to cover up to 30km, but I am not that light, and I tend to travel at maximum speed where possible.

However, after 3 weeks, I conclude that it is best for last mile warriors and Park Connectors.

Which is why I just ordered my next scooter which has 500w motor, 15.6AH battery and larger wheels. It is larger (15kg) but takes up about the same space when lying flat, but most importantly, it should cover at least 45km (rated at 60km)

I am getting this because my route home includes some hills and the smaller motor is unable to make it up the hill when the battery is low...

My first scooter cost 669 (at suntec) and the second one was 660 on qoo10.

Hope this helps :)

(p.s., I will probably get a larger one next year with better all round suspension and bigger battery)

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I've searched everywhere but couldn't find an electric scooter thread (there is a bicycle thread though).

I've thought of buying my first electric scooter for nearby supermarket and makan trips. However, I've checked out several reviews and models but most of which are just technical representation of the vehicle.

I am more interested in the practicality of such a scooter. Is it really useful or it's just a gadget that turns white elephant after awhile.

I'll like to hear your frank opinions on the problems, or recommendations on what to buy, price, range and stuff.

I think this thread will also serve as a good consolidation for all those who are looking to buy or already own an electric scooter or any PMDs.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/e-riding-guide-etiquette-incidents-e-bike-scooter-pab-unicycle-buggy-electric-pmd-pmv-5665338.html

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/%5Bq%5D-best-escooter-now-5440429.html

Last edited:

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, i was searching for a similar thread... but found yours instead.

The difference is that I have just purchased my first 2 scooters in the past few weeks.

1 lightweight (7kg) carbon fiber version, 250W motor (5 inch wheel) with 10.4AH battery. I have ridden it over 20km (average 22km) from my office to home over various paths and it is easy to carry on MRT and buses. It is fairly quick (up to 25kmh which is the LTA limit) and is able to handle most surfaces, except steps above 1 inch.
It is supposed to cover up to 30km, but I am not that light, and I tend to travel at maximum speed where possible.

However, after 3 weeks, I conclude that it is best for last mile warriors and Park Connectors.

Which is why I just ordered my next scooter which has 500w motor, 15.6AH battery and larger wheels. It is larger (15kg) but takes up about the same space when lying flat, but most importantly, it should cover at least 45km (rated at 60km)

I am getting this because my route home includes some hills and the smaller motor is unable to make it up the hill when the battery is low...

My first scooter cost 669 (at suntec) and the second one was 660 on qoo10.

Hope this helps :)

(p.s., I will probably get a larger one next year with better all round suspension and bigger battery)

This is the kind of post I am looking for!

I think the cheapest ones in the market covers only barely 10km. Anybody uses it for nearby shopping centers? Need to lug while shopping?

So is range the most important criteria? Weight seems to be one but if you're not going to lug it around then it shouldn't be a problem right?

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Anybody knows where to buy this other than PassionGadgets?

I am looking for a 3 wheel electric scooter for my wife for stability.

The people in PassionGadgets just doesn't seem to bother about customers. Impossible to get in contact with them and even if I did, the respond is usually "for the sake" of it. Maybe because their business is too good I guess.

Anyway, where can I buy this 3 wheel electric scooter?

Thanks folks!

tamahomy

Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Anybody knows where to buy this other than PassionGadgets?

I am looking for a 3 wheel electric scooter for my wife for stability.

The people in PassionGadgets just doesn't seem to bother about customers. Impossible to get in contact with them and even if I did, the respond is usually "for the sake" of it. Maybe because their business is too good I guess.

Anyway, where can I buy this 3 wheel electric scooter?

Thanks folks!

This doesn't look very speedy. You should go down to the escooters shops to test it out yourself. I have a Jackhot X which I use to commute to work/home (approx 1 km) daily. A lightweight carbon fiber model should be good enough for your for neighbourhood commute. Suggest you could also check out the Inokim Mini/Mini Plus which can fold and stand up like a trolley. Otherwise, you may want to consider installing trolley wheels so you can stand the escooter upright.

tamahomy

Reaction score
Inokim Mini, Jack Hot, Zero 2, Carbon Aero are all light weight models, all are lightweight and easy to carry around. Some things you may want to review include:
Trolley wheel - currently only available on the Inokim Mini, for others, may have to pay and do additional modifications.
Battery capacity - If your distance to travel is generally 10 km to/fro, you may probably need at least 10.4 mah battery for 20 km travel. Bigger the battery, the heavier your scooter becomes.
Aesthetics - General look of the scooter, size and length of the step board, etc.

Maybe you want to join the EIK Singapore group if you have FB account. Thousands of eScooter users there and you may see something that meets your needs.

Last edited:

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya inokim mini with the trolley wheels really can stand on its own and super light! But can it travel fast at 25km/h safely with all the pavement bumps and cracks?

What about steep upslope?
aS7Ibh4.gif

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Taobao cheapest - my fren got a 500w PMD with seat at S$300 (all in). This is even cheaper then my fastwheel.

Turn out - I seldom use fastwheel, occasionally go buy food or pizza.... Bought out of impulse. My daughter love it also. Never test the max distance but I have never use it till batt flat anyway.

tamahomy

Reaction score
Ya inokim mini with the trolley wheels really can stand on its own and super light! But can it travel fast at 25km/h safely with all the pavement bumps and cracks?

What about steep upslope?
aS7Ibh4.gif

If need to travel very far with lots of bumpy roads and up/down slopes, speedway or mustang gx pro would be better choices.

Light escooters only good for short travel.

a_michelle

Reaction score
Any one know of places to repair china-made e scooter?

Hi,

Anyone knows where I can repair my e scooter? Got one from china yesterday but it was controlled by anti-theft device. Cannot even activate to start the scooter :(

gneseew

Reaction score

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for my criteria below :
- Low budget
- Low mileage ~10km to and fro.
- Reputable brands battery with safety mark (don't wanna burn my house!)
- Probably for neighborhood makan / tapao / light shopping. Need to be able to hang some stuffs

etwow used from carousel $200 up, mostly ok condition.

Durable, Light and nice ride, with double suspension, safer with back air tyre.
Con is stock comes with both solid tire, bumpy, and front tire hard to self change, ex- to custom change, otherwise replace whole tyre+ motor.

Last edited:

simply

Reaction score
Got a speedway mini 3 (10 Ah battery).
Mileage 2637 km. In good condition (brakes, tyres repaired).
Speedlocked.
Battery fully charged good for over 20 km.
Looking to sell at $100. It is very usable and much better than scrap.

======Sold=============

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.