HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Gardening for Herbs

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2020, 12:51 AM   #31

Suppose to be a very easy plant but failed miserably in propagating from stem cutting. This will be my 4th attempt at growing the mint plant. I leave the stem cuttings in a glass of water till tiny roots start appearing. Next will transfer them to a potted soil. They look good the first 2 days but after that the leaves start drooping and stem rots away. For a change i will try growing them indoor to see if it will help. And certainly open for any suggestion from green fingered members.
Cut the mints, root it in the water till the roots are longer, say 3-5cm. After that you can transplant it to soil. Water the plant throughly, then cover the plant and pot with a plastic bag tie loosely or take a plastic container and invert it over your cuttings like a greenhouse. Once the plant is stable, u can remove the plastic. You can do these indoors, when stable, then shift it outdoors.
Blixtelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 12:54 AM   #32

I think they need full sun. I had them growing in the balcony and they went wild. I tried growing it in indirect light and it didn't do well AT ALL.
Mints do better with sun. without sun, they get very leggy, trying to reach out to light.
Blixtelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.