Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

jazy1992

Reaction score
anyone know where can i get replacement parts for MG freedom?

Or is there anyone down here who has extra replacement part for MG freedom that he is willing to sell , please pm me.

The Wing joint that connect to the backpack broke when i was at the last stage of painting , no matter how hard i tried to glue them back using cement , it just won't stay , really feeling frustrated after almost 2 week of hard work into it and then this has to happened...haiz...

u can order parts at gentei parts website.. but they take quite sometime to get them for u.

tissuepaper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows how to solve this airbrush issue ?

1) trigger can push down but doesnt come up automatically

2) trigger can pull back but doesnt get push back and/or sometimes pull back but takes long time to get push back (was assembling/dismantling and getting these issues because of problem 1)

tia

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows how to solve this airbrush issue ?

1) trigger can push down but doesnt come up automatically

2) trigger can pull back but doesnt get push back and/or sometimes pull back but takes long time to get push back (was assembling/dismantling and getting these issues because of problem 1)

tia

spring spoil?
or the trigger area never clean properly, got paint stuck there

tissuepaper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
spring spoil?
or the trigger area never clean properly, got paint stuck there

spring still working fine to me. sometimes can pull back and go back.
cleaned the trigger area already, cotton bud in and swipe around. but doesnt seems to go "up"?
:(

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
spring still working fine to me. sometimes can pull back and go back.
cleaned the trigger area already, cotton bud in and swipe around. but doesnt seems to go "up"?
:(

spring may have lost its elasticity and become weaker.

if it is the trigger not clean, maybe u can try soak the whole airbrush in tools cleaner?

jarred1223

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone went to the gunpla expo at Bugis+? saw on fb each day have special promotions on model kits. Eg. 12 Sep Friday RG kit $35 (RX-78 and Zaku)

sglords

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys. newbie here
only build before gundam when im was a kid :o

may i know if use spray can the model

Q1a. will gundam marker gm301 still works for panel lining?
Q1b. if cannot, got wad other way

Q2a. other than tamiya spray can still can buy which brand?
Q2b. what type of spray to look ? eg. arylic?
Q2c. wad about top coating?

Last edited:

jazy1992

Reaction score
guys. newbie here
only build before gundam when im was a kid :o

may i know if use spray can the model

Q1a. will gundam marker gm301 still works for panel lining?
Q1b. if cannot, got wad other way

Q2a. other than tamiya spray can still can buy which brand?
Q2b. what type of spray to look ? eg. arylic?
Q2c. wad about top coating?

to ans your qns;

1a. gm301 is a marker designed to be used for panel lining. just ensure your surface is glossy enough for the ink to slide.

1b. if u dun like gm301, theres always the oil based panel line markers or even the sharpie marker pens and sakura fine tipped pens from popular bookstores.

2a. many other brands available. aside from tamiya there is mr hobby which has just as many colors as tamiya. RJ london, krylon etc can also be used.

2b. paints from spray cans are usually lacquer. acrylic spray cans are quite hard to find, of course i may be wrong.

2c. just use the acrylic topcoat from mr hobby

wolvie77

Reaction score
Any website with pictures or videos tutorials for beginner, intermediate & advance builders?

tissuepaper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody knows whether is it cheaper to buy paints from hag or hobby point (which is having a 10-15% promo now)?

jazy1992

Reaction score
anybody knows whether is it cheaper to buy paints from hag or hobby point (which is having a 10-15% promo now)?

i think just buy from whichever is closer to u since the difference in price is not significant. as for variety of colors, hobbypoint without doubt wins

wolvie77

Reaction score
Anyone knows where i can find a Gundam Exia repair I 1/144 scale? The one with a green canvas on one shoulder & one of the eye battle damaged. so far the ones i see in departmental stores are of the bigger size. Prefer a 1/144 scale version.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.