Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what should i get/do if i want to have the same gold color as MG Nu Gundam Titanium Ver. Ka Titanium Finish . i've never done any painting/spraying b4.

MG-Nu-Gundam-Ver.-Ka-Titanium-Finish-Ver-2.jpg

m163t_runner18.jpg

m163t_runner17.jpg

jazy1992

Reaction score
what should i get/do if i want to have the same gold color as MG Nu Gundam Titanium Ver. Ka Titanium Finish . i've never done any painting/spraying b4.

MG-Nu-Gundam-Ver.-Ka-Titanium-Finish-Ver-2.jpg

m163t_runner18.jpg

m163t_runner17.jpg

try silver base with a coat of clear yellow yellow

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u need airbrush or spraycan.
to bring out the shine, u need a coat of gloss black followed by the gold (e.g Gaia note star bright gold), then lastly a few gloss coat

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u need airbrush or spraycan.
to bring out the shine, u need a coat of gloss black followed by the gold (e.g Gaia note star bright gold), then lastly a few gloss coat

can i use Tamiya TS-14 Gloss Black as base, then follow by Tamiya TS-84 Metallic Gold ?

not advisable to put Top Coat flat after that right?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what would u recommend? hand paint ? air brush very ex right and me still newbie :s13:

for metallic finishes, hand paint is going to be very very difficult. u can do hand paint for matt finishing for a start.

between spraycan and airbrush, in the long run spraycan is going to cost more. so if u foresee urself doing this hobby long term, it will be good to invest in an airbrush.

if u want to try out airbrushing before committing to buying, u may want to take a look at this club at bishan CC which is open every sunday afternoon:
https://www.facebook.com/modelloplus

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks ! will try spray can first bah.

isit better to use mr finishing surfacer 1500 black instead ?

for metallic finishes, hand paint is going to be very very difficult. u can do hand paint for matt finishing for a start.

between spraycan and airbrush, in the long run spraycan is going to cost more. so if u foresee urself doing this hobby long term, it will be good to invest in an airbrush.

if u want to try out airbrushing before committing to buying, u may want to take a look at this club at bishan CC which is open every sunday afternoon:
https://www.facebook.com/modelloplus

Last edited:

kenneth0601

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Use it on the white/brighter colour parts, so that it is easier for you to make sure the parts are coated.

For the black/darker parts, use the 1000 grey.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

nope. for metallic finishing, u need a gloss black coat before spraying the gold/silver. that surfacer is flat black and is going to affect the shine of ur gold/silver

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nope. for metallic finishing, u need a gloss black coat before spraying the gold/silver. that surfacer is flat black and is going to affect the shine of ur gold/silver

ah..thanks.. got to go to the shop to get it change as the shop guy recommended mr finishing surfacer 1500 black :s22:

simcher

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can always use the surfacer 1500 black, followed by gloss black, then metallic colour, this should make it really smooth.

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can always use the surfacer 1500 black, followed by gloss black, then metallic colour, this should make it really smooth.

thanks

one question, how long before i proceed the next layer of spray each time?

just done the surfacer

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks

one question, how long before i proceed the next layer of spray each time?

just done the surfacer

wait for it to be fully dry then can spray next layer.
surfacer very fast dry one... 15min dry already. gloss paint takes longer.
and for metallic, maybe just let it dry overnight (not too sure exactly how long needed :p)

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wait for it to be fully dry then can spray next layer.
surfacer very fast dry one... 15min dry already. gloss paint takes longer.
and for metallic, maybe just let it dry overnight (not too sure exactly how long needed :p)

i notice the surfacer dry very fast and i've already spray the black paint. but it doesnt seem glossy.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.