Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

Meteor_strike

Reaction score
You all know where to ger cheap zippo lighter fluid/alternative? Main purpose is to clean up panel lining. Price needed. Best if near Toa payoh or boon lay mrt area. Tried alcohol but don't seem to work well

Last edited:

tissuepaper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You all know where to ger cheap zippo lighter fluid/alternative? Main purpose is to clean up panel lining. Price needed. Best if near Toa payoh or boon lay mrt area. Tried alcohol but don't seem to work well

zippo fluid is $3.50, +/- 50c
tried those hardware shop?

Meteor_strike

Reaction score
zippo fluid is $3.50, +/- 50c
tried those hardware shop?

Will try. Thanks.
-Update: Bought Ronsonol at 2.90 at a hardware shop at toapayoh. They also sell zippo at 3.20 but they are abit rusty so I opt for Rosonol. But still better than Jurong Point. Chop carrot cake at $5

Last edited:

StarDus

Reaction score
Will try. Thanks.
-Update: Bought Ronsonol at 2.90 at a hardware shop at toapayoh. They also sell zippo at 3.20 but they are abit rusty so I opt for Rosonol. But still better than Jurong Point. Chop carrot cake at $5
Read dat ronsonol or zippo got pirated ones. So smetimes when thngs r cheap, got reason one...

Meteor_strike

Reaction score
Read dat ronsonol or zippo got pirated ones. So smetimes when thngs r cheap, got reason one...

I so far heard of fake zippo, but not ronsonol. But if pirated, means more diluted, in a way means safer for plastic right? Assuming it dries up at the same rate and is diluted w water.

tissuepaper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slight haze should not pose a problem. Your major concern would be coating after a heavy downfall. The humidity will be very unwanted.

okay. inner frame i sprayed gun metal but on the darker tone. will flat gloss actually make it turn to dark grey/almost black instead? :s22:

kenneth0601

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I so far heard of fake zippo, but not ronsonol. But if pirated, means more diluted, in a way means safer for plastic right? Assuming it dries up at the same rate and is diluted w water.

It is safe, but too much of them will damage the plastic eventually.

What I do is, apply some drops of the zippo onto the cotton bud and wipe.

kuatos

Reaction score
Hi guys, going to hong kong this weekend, wondering if gunpla will be cheaper there? if yes, any place would you guys recommend for gunpla shopping?

alfseeto

Reaction score
Is it worth it to buy PG Unicorn for RM$699? I saw it selling in KL for that price two weeks ago, and I'm going back soon. Should work out to about $230 SGD.

Last edited:

Meteor_strike

Reaction score
Is it worth it to buy PG Unicorn for RM$699? I saw it selling in KL for that price two weeks ago, and I'm going back soon. Should work out to about $230 SGD.
Buy la. Cheaper than HLJ. If ship HLJ more exp. Too bad I no confident build PG. If not will ask if you interested help me buy I pay u RM$700 for it.

tissuepaper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This, I have no idea as I have not been using flat for quite some time.

ok, i will coat and see how :s13:

Hi guys, going to hong kong this weekend, wondering if gunpla will be cheaper there? if yes, any place would you guys recommend for gunpla shopping?

cheaper than sg.
about 40% off retail price (HAG normal price is about 20% off retail, so its another 10-20% off in hk)
depends where you staying.
near wan chai station has one shopping street. usually stock with latest gunpla, older kit will see heng/suay.
yau ma tei nearby also have few stores inside the shopping mall.
each small stores will be stock with different kits so might take awhile to hunt the ones you want. pricing also different from store to store but is about sgd1 difference iirc :s22:

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was checking out on how to clean airbrush and saw this video...makes me think of army time...cleaning weapon ! :s13:

do we need to do it everytime after using?

also , saw some recommend sonic cleaner

how do u guys clean ur airbrush?

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was checking out on how to clean airbrush and saw this video...makes me think of army time...cleaning weapon ! :s13:

do we need to do it everytime after using?

also , saw some recommend sonic cleaner

how do u guys clean ur airbrush?

yes, need to strip and clean at the end of each session. in between, if u are changing colour, just run through with thinner. dun need to strip.
if u let the paint dry up inside ur airbrush, it is going to choke up the airbrush.

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, need to strip and clean at the end of each session. in between, if u are changing colour, just run through with thinner. dun need to strip.
if u let the paint dry up inside ur airbrush, it is going to choke up the airbrush.

what cleaning solution u guys use? can use the cleaning pot when changing color in between?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.