Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

kenner

Reaction score
Very easy, since Bandai's products have easy to follow step-by-step instruction manual. Kinda like Lego. The video you saw of Adam Savage build, more people just make it faster, not easier.

The only thing I recommend getting for newbies that won't invest into the hobby are:

Nippers - To cut parts out from sprue

4573102574756_c8c4dd93c5fce979b13d2da3df77f3cd__84573.1572238818_-_copy.jpg
Hi, can recommend a good and reasonably priced nipper? Thanks in advance.

Blusttoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, can recommend a good and reasonably priced nipper? Thanks in advance.

sorry for delay in reply. i started with Tamiya nippers but if you're looking for a basic one that cuts decently, can try a few options:

Hobby Art Workshop

https://www.hobbyartwebshop.com/collections/constriction-nipper/products/minetec-d-1-baby-nipper

GODHAND GHD-PN125

https://shopee.sg/GODHAND-Cutting-T...k6CtfFfN0iHj-u891JvpXtPmRwBRVQEBoCbZIQAvD_BwE

Got a few others, like Tamiya TMY-74035 but that one around 30+

kenner

Reaction score
sorry for delay in reply. i started with Tamiya nippers but if you're looking for a basic one that cuts decently, can try a few options:

Hobby Art Workshop

https://www.hobbyartwebshop.com/collections/constriction-nipper/products/minetec-d-1-baby-nipper

GODHAND GHD-PN125

https://shopee.sg/GODHAND-Cutting-T...k6CtfFfN0iHj-u891JvpXtPmRwBRVQEBoCbZIQAvD_BwE

Got a few others, like Tamiya TMY-74035 but that one around 30+
Many thanks for your reply. I'll check them out.

Lighthand

Reaction score
Tried finding workspace with compressor rental over the last 1 year without success. I'm seriously considering giving up the hobby...

Anyone knows any place that rent workspace and compressors?

Hiling care

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried finding workspace with compressor rental over the last 1 year without success. I'm seriously considering giving up the hobby...

hobby mate I thought got a new place for airbrush and compressor for people to use? Got one ex staff from m workshop set up his own miniature studio that might have this setup. u can ask them.

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hobby mate I thought got a new place for airbrush and compressor for people to use? Got one ex staff from m workshop set up his own miniature studio that might have this setup. u can ask them.
any idea where is it? got contact or website?

I also looking for the same, maybe find some people share cost rent a workshop?

Hiling care

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea where is it? got contact or website?

I also looking for the same, maybe find some people share cost rent a workshop?
jools mini outpost; but I'm not sure if they are still in business. can call them or ask in their fb.

Hobbymate I think got their own workshop space; but not sure if it is open now. call to check.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did anyone buy from HLJ recently? are they singapore gst-registered? Or do we get charged the GST when it arrives in Singapore? Asking because not sure if they will charge another $10.80 for handling charge on arrival if they are not gst-registered.,

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.