Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Home Automation Enthusiasts

Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #151
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nope, mi using android too. 😬

This home control function only in Google app beta version as far as i know.

I tink Google Home is using same google-assistant AI as other Google products therefore yes, it is applicable to Google Home.
Oh i found it. My 'non' beta Google app also has option to add devices, just that the navigation to this feature is diff from urs.

Can only see 'Yeelight' app, no Mi Home app. damn
evq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #152
Master Member

Hi bros, just out of curiosity, do you guys mind sharing:

1) your current own HA setup
2) how much (roughly) you have spent so far
3) any regrets on your setup so far
4) what is your next HA project

I personally have not started my HA project yet... tho i'm getting my bto keys tmr!

TIA!
Currently i am rather invested into the Xiaomi Mijia Ecosys, they are not exactly cheap, but can be versatile in future.

1. Lighting: 1 Yeelight Ceiling Light, 3 Sonoff Ceiling Lights.
Xiaomi Robot Vacuum, Xiaoyi and Xiaofang IP cams. Xiaomi Router 3 Pro with USB hdd. Xiaomi Smart Home Hub, Human sensor, 2x Xiaomi Smart round switches
1x Google Home Mini

Currently the Xiaomi Smart Home Hub serves as my alarm clock every morning and my nightlight. The Human sensor automatically switches off the night light after i fall asleep.

The cameras record to micro sd card and transfer history footage to usb hdd which serves as a nas via Xiaomi router.

2. Expenditure so far should be around $700 liao.

3. Regrets: Bought Sonoff wall switches and found out they need neutral lines. For those who have neutral lines, Sonoff wall switches are good because they have BOTH wifi and RF 433mhz.

4. Next HA project coming up:

A. Linking up my Xiaomi Kettle to my yeelight ceiling light (it is also a bluetooth hub) #boliao
B. Xiaomi rice cooker to precook rice before reaching home #superboliao
C. Xiaomi Aqara non neutral wall switches.
D: A Smartthings hub. Why ? Because Smartthings support Zigbee and Z Wave. because Xiaomi aqara and related sensors run off zigbee, so i can depart off its own proprietary hub and be google home ready.
E: More Sonoff switches ( bought the usb flasher to flash them to Smartthings firmware)

Crap. too many plans.
LiLAsN, Patientcapital and shacboi like this.
Old 28-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #153
Master Member

Hi can anyone advice if you manage get Google hone to work wiwith h Logitech harmony hub ?
wira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:24 PM   #154

New SMS feature/skill for Alexa users: https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/30/yo...-your-friends/

I tried it, it works
Old 02-02-2018, 06:18 PM   #155

New SMS feature/skill for Alexa users: https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/30/yo...-your-friends/

I tried it, it works
Nice e e..... But article mentioned only to ur frds who are on android phone.
shacboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:30 PM   #156
Master Member

Anyone with good experience of
Broadlink TC2
Broadlink RM pro+
Raspberry pi3 homebridge
And ios?

Thinking of going with these at 4rm home.
xsoldix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:24 AM   #157

From my testing, this requirement applies to sender not recipient.

Nice e e..... But article mentioned only to ur frds who are on android phone.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:59 AM   #158

From my testing, this requirement applies to sender not recipient.

Arrr... Yes, ok.

I tried testing too, it works... Cool.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:16 PM   #159
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

Currently i am rather invested into the Xiaomi Mijia Ecosys, they are not exactly cheap, but can be versatile in future.

1. Lighting: 1 Yeelight Ceiling Light, 3 Sonoff Ceiling Lights.
Xiaomi Robot Vacuum, Xiaoyi and Xiaofang IP cams. Xiaomi Router 3 Pro with USB hdd. Xiaomi Smart Home Hub, Human sensor, 2x Xiaomi Smart round switches
1x Google Home Mini

Currently the Xiaomi Smart Home Hub serves as my alarm clock every morning and my nightlight. The Human sensor automatically switches off the night light after i fall asleep.

The cameras record to micro sd card and transfer history footage to usb hdd which serves as a nas via Xiaomi router.

2. Expenditure so far should be around $700 liao.

3. Regrets: Bought Sonoff wall switches and found out they need neutral lines. For those who have neutral lines, Sonoff wall switches are good because they have BOTH wifi and RF 433mhz.

4. Next HA project coming up:

A. Linking up my Xiaomi Kettle to my yeelight ceiling light (it is also a bluetooth hub) #boliao
B. Xiaomi rice cooker to precook rice before reaching home #superboliao
C. Xiaomi Aqara non neutral wall switches.
D: A Smartthings hub. Why ? Because Smartthings support Zigbee and Z Wave. because Xiaomi aqara and related sensors run off zigbee, so i can depart off its own proprietary hub and be google home ready.
E: More Sonoff switches ( bought the usb flasher to flash them to Smartthings firmware)

Crap. too many plans.
Hi,

how u link all ur xiaomi products with google home? I can only link with Yeelight.

Does ur MiHome app using Mainland China due to the camera?

Last edited by evq; 03-02-2018 at 07:20 PM..
Old 05-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #160
Master Member

Hi,

how u link all ur xiaomi products with google home? I can only link with Yeelight.

Does ur MiHome app using Mainland China due to the camera?
Havent linked them up yet. But technically it is possible to do so using Smartthings hub. Keeping my pace slow so i wont get overwhlemed.

Yeelight is just a Xiaomi partner so they have a certain autonomy, hence they able to link their lights to Google Home natively.

Just installed Xiaomi Aqara Light switches (without neutral), they feel like mechanical switches. Much better than touch based broadlink ones, but man are they expensive... Added sensor to auto on light at the door when someone comes home and open the door. So far so good.
shacboi likes this.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #161

Talking

Havent linked them up yet. But technically it is possible to do so using Smartthings hub. Keeping my pace slow so i wont get overwhlemed.

Yeelight is just a Xiaomi partner so they have a certain autonomy, hence they able to link their lights to Google Home natively.

Just installed Xiaomi Aqara Light switches (without neutral), they feel like mechanical switches. Much better than touch based broadlink ones, but man are they expensive... Added sensor to auto on light at the door when someone comes home and open the door. So far so good.
ur setup about the same as mine, i oso have a door sensor (broadlink s2 hub) to detect door opening during a certain time and help on the livolo RF lights. so far so good too.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:17 PM   #162
Master Member

ur setup about the same as mine, i oso have a door sensor (broadlink s2 hub) to detect door opening during a certain time and help on the livolo RF lights. so far so good too.
gonna get my grubby hands on a smartthings hub later this evening. spending too much $
shacboi likes this.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:17 PM   #163

Talking

gonna get my grubby hands on a smartthings hub later this evening. spending too much $
wah, getting smartThings ar... haha, enjoy!

i think my experiment stops liao, cannot spend anymore...
Old 06-02-2018, 09:53 AM   #164
Master Member

ya, and its always the missus who spoils the fun
Old 06-02-2018, 11:09 AM   #165
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

'Smartthings hub'? are u referring to the Samsung?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.