Home Automation Enthusiasts

233mmx

Reaction score
anytips on pairing Sonoff, i seems to can't get mine to paired

• pairing with the eWeLink app? follow the instructions in the app, pretty straightforward (just press the button for 5 secs till it flashes, pair it and input wifi password)
  • to integrate with Alexa, search for the skill "eWeLink Smart Home Fan" and link your eWeLink account with Alexa, discover new devices, that's it!

note that your device running the app has to be on the 2.4GHz wifi band, cos Sonoff (and most other HA devices) can only work in this band

Last edited:

JakiBOii

Reaction score
Yes, a Eufy robovac 11 I never knew that! Thanks for letting me know. I am definitely going to try that with my Eufy. By the way, how are your Eufy's batteries? I noticed mine's been needing sooner charging than anticipated. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Last edited:

233mmx

Reaction score
My pleasure to be of help :s7:

In RM plugin, create a new Alexa device, use the learn code function to pair with the remote control (just ON and OFF controls are sufficient). save the new device and give it a name (I called mine ROBOT). Then ask Alexa to discover new devices and you're done!

To further automate it instead of voice control, set a routine to turn it on at your preferred day and time. When the battery is low, it will self dock so there's no need to program to turn it off.

Yes, a Eufy robovac 11 I never knew that!!! Thanks for letting me know. I am definitely going to try that with my Eufy.

hanzhisan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, have anyone tried smart control for storage heater and ventilation fan in the bathroom? my idea is scheduling the on/off timing for the storage heater and controlling the on/off of it by iphone as well, ventilation fan can be on/off by the humidity sensor. anyone tried this?

233mmx

Reaction score
My personal opinion is to leave the "wet areas" as non-smart. But a "hands free" approach seems interesting depending on how u look at it.

Hi everyone, have anyone tried smart control for storage heater and ventilation fan in the bathroom? my idea is scheduling the on/off timing for the storage heater and controlling the on/off of it by iphone as well, ventilation fan can be on/off by the humidity sensor. anyone tried this?

hanzhisan

Reaction score

hanzhisan

Reaction score
I am planning to buy sonoff switch or livolo switch. can anyone tell that both have brand mark on the corner of switch panel?Thanks.

233mmx

Reaction score
Cleanliness any compliant from your experience? Intent to purchase one also.

I use it 3 time a week during weekdays in between manual vacuum/mopping during weekend so it helps to keep the floor clean. Previously by Wednesday, Thursday can feel the floor is already dusty.

shacboi

Reaction score
awesome, just checked with online shop from taobao, sonoff switch they sold with 'sonoff' logo at the right bottom corner. can I know where you bought it?

my sonoff doesnt have

I am planning to buy sonoff switch or livolo switch. can anyone tell that both have brand mark on the corner of switch panel?Thanks.

Hi, my LIVOLO switches i bought from AliExpress, yes it does have a little silver wording at the left corner of the touch screen.

Sample of a product from the seller:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...te-Light-Switch-UK-standard-VL/354975324.html

shacboi

Reaction score
I use it 3 time a week during weekdays in between manual vacuum/mopping during weekend so it helps to keep the floor clean. Previously by Wednesday, Thursday can feel the floor is already dusty.

Cleanliness any compliant from your experience? Intent to purchase one also.

I guess the iRobot or similar products is kind of jus help on abit of the vacuum/clearing of dusty/hair on floor bah, we stilll need to manual labour to keep things clean.

i don't think can just rely on the iRobot totally, but also really depends on the level of Cleanliness u looking at. :s13:

hwzlite

Reaction score
FYI: Sonoff S31

Happen to stumble upon this new interesting review on https://www.cnx-software.com/2018/03/04/sonoff-s31-review/ , wonder when are they going to provide the EU faceplace/plug type .

Sonoff-S31.jpg
]

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.